DWC Bucket Size

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Hi all - first time on the boards, longtime rockwool dude here.

In short:

Building a new medical grow - appx 30 lights flower, 8 lights veg. Going to do DWC. Looking to harvest perpetual, as close the the traditional rockwool "every 60 days" style schedule. Will be spending top dollar on all equipment and materials, everything will be built custom.

We are already proficient at 1#/light in rockwool and DWC w/ 5 gallon buckets w/ 3/4" pipes. Our builder suggests we step up to 15 gallon buckets w/ 4" pipes to increase yields. Thoughts?

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

The Under Current is a product that comes in 8 or 13 gallon sized modules.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

The Under Current is a product that comes in 8 or 13 gallon sized modules.

Thx for your prompt response. I know the UC system exists - my question is whether we should move up to bigger buckets - namely will our yields be exponentially increased and make up for the increase in monthly costs of water, nuts, etc. We already pull 1#/light in 5 gals, if I'm going to spend "more" thousands of dollars, I want to see a return on the investment.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

It all comes down to plant size. Bigger plants take longer to veg. That's the only thing a large bucket is doing for you, increasing the area for more roots to grow comfortably. I wouldn't expect any differences in yield if your plant size going into bloom is the same.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

It all comes down to plant size. Bigger plants take longer to veg. That's the only thing a large bucket is doing for you, increasing the area for more roots to grow comfortably. I wouldn't expect any differences in yield if your plant size going into bloom is the same.

Either way I'm veging 3-4 footers...

Top Bottom