DWC deffciency help , and hydro growers out there ?

• Thread starter Tribbsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tribbsy

Tribbsy

Have been noticing some rusty fan leaves showing up slowly over the last week ,

Added extra calmag as i expected this ...but no positive change , ph 5.8

Around 250ppm remo nutrients grow,micro,calmag

Seems to be older fan leaves affected first going up

Dwc deffciency help  and hydro growers out there
Dwc deffciency help  and hydro growers out there 2
Tribbsy

Tribbsy

Gottcha ! I thought so to but was explained to start slow as they absorb nutes easy directly from water ? Ill try upping ppm in one and see✌️

Shlep

Shlep

Gottcha ! I thought so to but was explained to start slow as they absorb nutes easy directly from water ? Ill try upping ppm in one and see✌️
Mine have around 4 weeks left and I have them at 1600 ppm ;) Will bring that down with water in the last 2 weeks.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

For my first grow and for my 2nd
Now, (pic below) I’m in VEG and have the PPM’s sitting at around 380-400 and that’s with tap water being 150 of its own.
408315FA 739A 4754 A0AC 24BF8318404E

For my first grow when I was in flower I had the PPM’s at about 1300ppm and slowly started tapering down till about 800 or so.
52838EFD DCA5 4794 A784 E6F58A8025D4

Shlep

Shlep

Every nutrient manufacturer should have a PPM chart and feeding schedule to clue you in. FoxFarm, for example, has the soil PPM up to 2000+, and I follow the Hydro one that puts me up to around 1500 at peak growth/flower. I'm a little over, but, bringing those numbers down ASAP.

Good luck.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

The yellowing is from staining from the nutes. Keep the water about 1in under the net pot.
B6907FC8 78CF 44ED 9B86 288D5523F2D2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Every nutrient manufacturer should have a PPM chart and feeding schedule to clue you in. FoxFarm, for example, has the soil PPM up to 2000+, and I follow the Hydro one that puts me up to around 1500 at peak growth/flower. I'm a little over, but, bringing those numbers down ASAP.

Good luck.

Never follow manufacturer recommendations.... usually half is more than plenty.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Mine have around 4 weeks left and I have them at 1600 ppm ;) Will bring that down with water in the last 2 weeks.
1600 ppm what in the heck? How much of that is nutes VS additives? I ran 900ppm and it was almost too much.

What ec scale you using?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Hmm well i will raise call mag dose a bit on next feed , it seems to be a calcium deff to me ?

Ive had the best luck keeping my netpot submerged too. It looks like you might have some root issues along with ur calmag deff.

Are u sterile or live? If your live and running microbe, I'd submerge the netpot and gently massage the roots to get the slime off it. Anywhere there are clumping together needs massaged. Water and air need to flow around the roots.

I'll say this one plant in my rdwc has been submerged causing the roots not to stretch. Alot suggest your roots stretching is good, so lower your water level. Imma suggest that if your hydro system is good enough, you won't have a large root mass.

My plant will yield over 8oz,and if you cut all the roots off, it's bairly a handful lol.. Not even lying, I'll have pics and a post soon about it... But then in my Dwc where it doesn't recirculate, the roots have gotten huge, yet my yeild is nothing compared to my rdwc.

Basically if your purposely leaving that air gap to grow root mass, unless your water temp is under 70, you will have root rot. That air gap in your bucket, without cool air, well the roots fry in my opinion.

My Dwc will have over a lb of roots and my rdwc will have around an ounce of roots. Dwc will yeild about half what my rdwc yielded. Sure most is genetics, but fishbones is what u want your roots to look like.. Not strings.

Top Bottom