DWC First Time Hydro Grow

• Thread starter sog1313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nog

i have a similar experience with bucket plants, leaves very dark and glossy looking, and buds not as "fluffy" as i would expect, ime going to change nutes at a lower level say about 1.4 ec.?

sog1313

sog1313

yeah i figured i should lower the nutes too. I think they are still gettin too much N even tho they are only getting Bloom food. right now they are at about 800 ppm. im going to see about getting a P-K booster from the hydro store some time this week. that should get the buds going good. it could also be that since one of the plants started flowering about a week before the other that there is just some lag going on. we'll see what happens this next week.

sog1313

sog1313

Kt1, rip

It saddens me to say that today one of my plants, KT1, succumbed to root rot and had to be put down. All is not lost, however. I determined by looking at the trichs that she was actually about 2 full weeks ahead into flowering than i thought. most of the pinheads were fully formed and some were going cloudy. apparently she started flowering when i switched my light schedule to 18/6, so she was into her 6th or 7th week of flowering. Far enough along that i decided to do a premature harvest and take what i could get off her, instead of throwing it all out. the root rot really explained why she hasnt gotten any bigger over the past week, despite my addition of Bontaincare's Hydroplex PK-micro supplement. My other girl is loving that stuff, shes getting nice and fat. I gotta say ive been growing for several years now and it still gets me down when i lose one. granted, i have not done large enough grows to feel that the loss of one plant wasn't a significant part of my crop, but i really get attached to the little guys. just the other day i figured out that she probably had some ECSD in her, given her odor, bud structure, and coloration. now i will never know for sure. i can only hope that my other lady makes it all the way. harvest pics will go up soon. i must say i was rather impressed.

peace farmers!

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Hey sog, read through your first grow very interesting I must say. Yes losing a plant for me is hard aswell sucks I guess cause you try to baby it from day one and then some.

Anyways I noticed the time stamps on this were last year, did you ever finish with the grow? How did the girls turn out? Did you find out whether it was sativa or indica?

Anyways good grow bud. Some fat colas in that batch!

Top Bottom