DWC flush time

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

In DWC...how long do you flush for? I've read threads stating 14 days for soilless mixes, but what about roots suspended in liquid like in a DWC set-up? would you still go 14 days with straight RO water?

H

hongkong

sounds good. soma flushes for 3 weeks. i usually use some succanant when i flush to give it some extra flavor

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I've never grown DWC but I thought I read around a 7 day flush but I'm sure someone in the know will chime in:flower

P

ProGroWannabe

I believe that I heard hererisssh also say that 7 days in DWC works out about right for him.

F

Finalopagus

I think it has more to do with a personal taste then exact numbers. That said, if you are running heavy ppm then it will take longer for the plant to use and deplete its nutrient stores. Also adding a flush mix to your water will affect end result, even masking distasteful flavors, making the flush quicker.

budboy299

budboy299

Thanks guys....a week does sound right to me.

I could see 2 weeks especially with medium that tends to hold in the nutes and is not so easily flushed as DWC.
that is why I asked.

Knew I could count on the farm for the answers!

G

Guano

I believe hererisssh said to run the clearing solution until the PPM stops rising,then switch to plain pH'd water.

or maybe I'm just stoned :wondering

D

doubleds

flush

If you are not running a recirc system w drippers dripping through the media holding the roots then i have had excellent results with 5 days.

My system is recirculating bottom fed but also has drippers constantly running dripping through the hydrostone so i get a good salt buildup. i need to flush w a clearing solution for 5 days then straight water for 7 days.

dds

Top Bottom