Dwc For 1 Plant - Alien 55l Bubbler ( First Choice ) Vs Aquafarm Vs Autopot Vs ???

• Thread starter JV Growers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JV Growers

JV Growers

Hi guys & gals,

I would like to setup a grow tent for 1 plant in DWC for an old person ( over 73 years old, so the maintenance has to be very easy, and a DYI solution is not practical ), using the Lighthouse Max 0,76 m2 tent model, but I am hesitating as there are few products available even for those 1 pot DWC system.

For the moment, my first choice would be the Alien Hydro Bubbler as it has a tank of 55L which is better for the root.
With smaller tank, there are also the Autopot, Aquafarm, and some Oxypots models.

So I have some questions :

1. how easy is it to access/view the roots in the Alien system ? is there an access or do we have to totally lift the upper lid ? Is the upper lid inserted into the lower part or is it simply laid on top ?

2. how easy is it to totally empty the Alien ( ex : on the Oxypot XL, when only one plant is grown, then you can easily check and access the tank from the 2 unused holes) but that model is too wide for the tent ).
In the Alien model, is it possible to use the level tube, located on the side, to connect an external water pump and FULLY empty the tank from there ?

3. which system would make it the easiest to introduce a heater and a water pump in the tank ? is there enough space to make rooms/drill for additional cables/pipes heater cable under the lid ? is the plastic thick enough to be drilled ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers
J&V

Badrice

Badrice

I would just build my own for that price or even look at a Current Culture single bucket system. Has an access panel to view the roots/add stuff. Really simple to build too. If you want the 55L that's close to a 13 Gallon Ez Stor Container. That + a air pump and some DIY and you have a bucket that would be as good as anything you could pay 3-4x as much for. Also 13 Gallons of root means it will end up being a tree. You may not need that much room. Just depends on how long you plan on vegging for.

JV Growers

JV Growers

I would just build my own for that price .
Yeah I know it's a rip off price but I just have no tools to build it.

Also 13 Gallons of root means it will end up being a tree
Yes, my idea is to force the plant to grow first horizontally, and then switch to flower when the surface is filled.
And with such a small surface, I already know that I have to stay away from plants stretching a lot.

Top Bottom