DWC GH Nova line, No Air Stones

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I meant are you recommending one over the other.
I prefer live especially in higher temps and because you dont need to dose every 2-3 days.

Neither is right nor wrong just different. In some systems sterile is better for its ability to keep any bacteria, algae or diatoms from forming. But live is kinda fire and forget

ninjadip

ninjadip

So I can tell the plants are doing much better, ph was fluctuating before it was high everytime I checked which makes me believe I probably did have something going on in the res. But now the ph is stable with my once a day checks. Water temps back to normal at 74. Reservoirs have overall better or more neutral smell. I cancelled my peroxide order after some more thinking and talking with others on here.
I believe that the plants were stressing because of the water temps, which were high because of ambient temps.
I have lowered the lights on temp to below 80. I am also using water from the dehumidifier to top off instead of tap.

If it's not broke, don't fix it? Lol
The one plant that seems 2 weeks ahead of the others is getting some frost 😁
And the last plant is finally showing it's lady parts, all is well. Plus I was able to order a 150w quantum LED for $25 on Amazon today with a coupon. That will be for the next grow with a total of 8 plants.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Trying my new 60x scope that attaches to the phone. Don't like it as much as the stand alone 30x.

PXL 20220830 1115063252
PXL 20220830 1114070992
PXL 20220830 1111217592
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol well said. I was curious of an estimate. But the final factor will be those trichomes, unless there is something else you think I should be looking for.
Yeah i go by trichs and start looking ince most of the hairs are orange

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

My first grow I was worried about the height of my tent too so I switched to flower early and also by accident bc I didn't know I defoliated during the stretch. A bunch. And it stunted the stretch. Also some lst through the grow, pulling them down to even out the canopy. In the end I def had way more room to work with than I thought I would. But all together it made a low wide plant. I mean not crazy wide. They were only grown in 3 gal so they didn't get huge. Your plants look nice and huge. But maybe it's bc of the tent they're in. Either way you've done a really good job, first grow or tenth grow. Amazing what a bit of research will do. You can def tell when someone spent time learning about growing pot before jumping in. Not saying the latter is bad but personally I spent hours and hours on my couch at night reading articles and such. I'm not like sucking up or anything here but auqamans article about vpd helped out immensely in my grow. Understanding vpd seemed like it changed everything. It was pretty early on so I was lucky. I was able to take small stunted plants and got them to take off when i got vpd dialed in. Looks like you already do. Plus the co2, damn bro. Sorry this is getting so long, I'm just happy for the both of us. I'm just mid way through second grow now.

ninjadip

ninjadip

My first grow I was worried about...
Man that is super kind words. Thank you. There definitely was some trial and error along with a learning curve. But yeah I am a mad researcher, I love the science behind it all. In the future I hope to have a grow room to do bigger things. But for now I'm just loving the experience of it all.
Yeah, after seeing the stretch I think I can prepare for it better next time. I wonder if any first time growers truly prepare for how much that first time.
One or two things I'm still researching/debating. Adding GH FloraLicious or another humic acid supplement. And whether those aquarium C02 generators are worth it.
Clscea 5L CO2 Cylinder Generator CO2 System Kit for Aquarium & Hydroponic Dual Needle Valve(G900 )

ninjadip

ninjadip

One or two things I'm still researching/debating. Adding GH FloraLicious or another humic acid supplement..
I meant to say I need to learn more about the benefits of using floralicious and/or some kind of humic acid like diamond nectar, and what this silicate stuff is all about too. Currently I don't use any of these, but not sure which one I would benefit from or see a good RTC ratio. Sucks to say, but supplements can add up in cost, and concerned some might be snake oil, but don't know which ones and which ones are legit worth it.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I noticed this today. Is this from ph being too low? It was at 5.5 after topping off with water the past 3-4 days.

PXL 20220902 215931812
PXL 20220902 215915627
ninjadip

ninjadip

I know I still have longer to go, but this is what they call milky trichomes right?
I think they are looking good, but idk, I have no comparison other than the Internet

PXL 20220907 113841613
PXL 20220907 113833765
PXL 20220907 113824836
PXL 20220907 113725394

Latest posts

Top Bottom