DWC Grand Daddy Purple Grow Log

• Thread starter KushConnoisseur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushConnoisseur

Whats up guys, I'm kind of new to this site and to growing in general. This is going to be my second attempt with a DWC setup and since my first try turned out to be a male, I decided to go the safe route and pick up a clone. Well I got a GDP clone earlier today and its in my closet. I have her nestled in hydroton, which is piled in a 6in net pot, and that is sitting inside of a 5 gallon bucket. I'm using Botanicare's CNS-17 Grow/Bloom Nutrients (there is currently 2 tbsp of grow in the reservoir) and I have the pH balanced somewhere between 5.8-6.0, thats using the general hydro cheap dropper kit. I have no idea at what level the ppm is because I have yet to purchase a meter (I spend my money on weed too much), but I do have r.o. water running inside. I have a single pump with two air holes attached to two air stones connected by plastic aquarium tubing. As I said earlier, most of my money goes to bud, and because this is also a low key project, I cant afford to use the best of the best lighting. That being said, I have one 3000k 30 watt tube cfl, 4 5000k spiral cfls two of which are 26 watts and the others, 19 watts, I also have this weird plug in cfl thats 13 watts but I just threw it in there for extra lighting. I also have four 15 watt 5000k t8 fluorescent lights attatched to a piece of wood for side lighting. There is a fan in there circulating air, and the closet temps get up to 80-85 fahrenheit with 48-50% humidity. OKAY, now my question is, has anyone ever grown GDP or used a DWC setup that can help me out with tips or ideas, or additives? I actually did want to ask if anyone knew any suggested times (how many weeks) are ideal for the vegging/flowering process of a GDP plant cycle? Without further ado, here are the pics:

p.s. the fat bulb at the top is a soft white so I replaced it with something with more along the cooler side.

Wish me luck! :big_boss:

Dwc grand daddy purple grow log
Dwc grand daddy purple grow log 2
Dwc grand daddy purple grow log 3
Dwc grand daddy purple grow log 4

1st.artuning

You can find cheap ppm meters for like around 40 buck just lay back on the 1/8 once and you have a good ppm meter.....

j wizzle

j wizzle

foil creates hotspots...dont want anything mirrored or shiny reflecting light...

KISS....google lucas formula....doesnt get any easier than that. add some cal mag and youre good to go. kool bloom during flower, powder kool bloom last couple weeks before flush to fatten them up.

just use the search function and you will find all the info you need. tons of people growing GDP on here.

get a combo PH/PPM meter, if you dont know either, youre asking for problems. you arent going to have a good grow with a $200 budget. save up and spend the money, it will all come back to you in 3 months.

S

strawD

hmm, even in this small area, things that will pay for themselves on the first harvest

http://www.aquariumguys.com/iceprobe.html

if you look around ebay, you can find LOTS of lights for cheap. some BIN's for like 119 with low shipping, if you're okay with a no name digi ballast and a crappy reflector. still, you can get a complete kit w/ aircooled reflector and mag ballast for like 215 shipped.

between these 2 things, the price of 1-1.5 ounces (depending on your location) you will guaranteed pay for themselves and much more on your first harvest.

Top Bottom