DWC, Hygrozyme and flushing

• Thread starter kushluvr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushluvr

kushluvr

Hey THCF,

Anybody flush there plants with just water and hygrozyme?

My PH keeps dropping big time..............6.0-4.9/24hrs

Im at day 60 and I've flushed with water and florakleen for two days and now its just plain tap water for the last 24hrs, I plan on flushing for another 10 -15 days!

I know 4.9 is way to low at any point during growth, how can i fix this?

Thanks a lot,

Kush

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Does proper PH really matter that much though when you are just trying to flush the plant? I wouldn't think so, but maybe someone else can say why it would matter...

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

ph matters most when it comes to nutrient absorbtion so i really wouldnt b to worried as long as your not way off.
Whenever i flush i wash RO through my system several times and then let the hydrozyme sit for a couple days. My only guess to your ph shooting up or down is that your plants are using the little bit of nutes left in there, causing your ph to change

P

PuFFnNugg

You need to keep something in the water to maintain the ionic balance. Florakleen at lower levels maybe, the sugars will help maintain this balance, and your Ph lvl as well. You can add hydrozyme if you wish might help break down the sugars.

Not just Ph either, basically with just RO water the roots absorb way to much water way to quickly. There is a long scientific explaination, but gotta run...

kushluvr

kushluvr

Oh yeah, I have a bottle of clearex, but never used before! Is that stuff better? Should I use that instead? I've heard its good stuff!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

advanced nutrient final phase is where its at
3 day flush in aero with this stuff (lab tested safe)

G

gudkarma

imo anything dwc + hygrozyme = drama

use clearex, or whatever, you have. follow the instructions.
simple.

i'd never flush with a product like clearex for more than 24-48 hours one time application.

in fact, i stopped doing long flushes.

&, knowing the haters will find this reply, i think flushing hydro is a waste of time ...when drying & curing is where it's at.

my experience says plants pack on weight the last few weeks so why take away all their feed... this aint dirt farming.

i like to run a very reduced feed & ph'd water.

since plants are affected by changes in ph, i try my best to keep ph stable whether i flush or feed.

M

MightyZeppelin

I never flush in my AeroFlo 36. In fact I run a perpetual flower in mine. There are always plants ready to harvest and plants just starting the flower process in the some system using the same reservoir nutrient water. I have people standing in line for my product. When I sell to the Coop's it's sold as top shelf grade AAA. Friends and acquaintances say it's the best they've ever smoked.

Humm, just think if I did flush! It would be smoother-er and tasty-er. LOL

Peace

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

imo anything dwc + hygrozyme = drama

use clearex, or whatever, you have. follow the instructions.
simple.

i'd never flush with a product like clearex for more than 24-48 hours one time application.

in fact, i stopped doing long flushes.

&, knowing the haters will find this reply, i think flushing hydro is a waste of time ...when drying & curing is where it's at.

my experience says plants pack on weight the last few weeks so why take away all their feed... this aint dirt farming.

i like to run a very reduced feed & ph'd water.

since plants are affected by changes in ph, i try my best to keep ph stable whether i flush or feed.

thanks for the bloody lungs lol

E

elprofesor

when u flush, ur trying to get any left over nutes out of the plant...i don't know about u but i want my product to be as pure and clean as possible. i also want to taste the plant itself, not ur nute solution.
using clearex to leach out any built up nutes and finishing with a carb boost allows the plant to sufficiently eat and continue production while not adding and other nutrients, like when u buy roses at the store, theres always a little packet of basically sugar that allows the plant to last longer in water.
carb products like sweet u can get with flavors that help bring out the natural oils in the plant

S

sonomaGold

has anyone ever tried cutting edge's sugaree as a finisher? i got a sample. it smells like cotton candy.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I never flush in my AeroFlo 36. In fact I run a perpetual flower in mine. There are always plants ready to harvest and plants just starting the flower process in the some system using the same reservoir nutrient water. I have people standing in line for my product. When I sell to the Coop's it's sold as top shelf grade AAA. Friends and acquaintances say it's the best they've ever smoked.

Humm, just think if I did flush! It would be smoother-er and tasty-er. LOL

Peace

Aeroflo all the way!!!!!!!!!
You really should do some sort of flush tho, two or three days is plenty in these systems plus you will save money on nutes

kushluvr

kushluvr

Update.........

I have flushed the plants with clearex for the last 24hrs, emptied it, then refilled it and put in floranectar(sweetner). Hopefully they begin to smell even better

kushluvr

kushluvr

I took a taster a few days ago and one strain isn't that tastey! Bummer, I hope the floranectar helps!

PankFlamingoMon

PankFlamingoMon

1. quick two cents on my part. I always cut out hygrozyme at the end of my 5th or 6th week. I believe in doing this because in the flowering cycle of MMJ Hygrozyme makes residual nitrogen available and can extend your flowering times. Be careful with late use of this product.

2. If you want to flush your buds buy phinal phase or whatever flush agent your current nutrient company sells. I only use it once on the first day of flush. Hope this helps.

PANK

Top Bottom