DWC Illuminated solution in sterile environment (Chlorine)

• Thread starter Tatace
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tatace

Tatace

Hi everyone!
After my first successful growth (DWC) I intend to upgrade my system to an RDWC. To keep the roots healthy, I use calcium hypochlorite in order to keep the chlorine levels around 2 ppm, everything went incredibly well (very white roots) even though I didn't care to keep any contaminants out of the tank or keep the solution temperature low. My new system would use white buckets and I was wondering if chlorine was enough to keep bacteria and algae out of side even in a dimly lit environment (white buckets let in some light).
Thanks for your suggestions :)

Observationist

Observationist

Hi everyone!
After my first successful growth (DWC) I intend to upgrade my system to an RDWC. To keep the roots healthy, I use calcium hypochlorite in order to keep the chlorine levels around 2 ppm, everything went incredibly well (very white roots) even though I didn't care to keep any contaminants out of the tank or keep the solution temperature low. My new system would use white buckets and I was wondering if chlorine was enough to keep bacteria and algae out of side even in a dimly lit environment (white buckets let in some light).
Thanks for your suggestions :)
I believe hypochlorous acid can kill algae

I use it along with h2o2 to keep algae at bay

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes it would be in those terms… but roots also have a photoresponse to light. I doubt it would have any major consequences in your case but food for thought

Latest posts

Top Bottom