Dwc in same tent as soil?

• Thread starter TerpiestToker420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

So I have a 4x8 flower tent and plan on switching to hydro eventually but have 5 planta in soil ready to flip question is can I run dwc in the same tent as long as I keep it clean?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

So I have a 4x8 flower tent and plan on switching to hydro eventually but have 5 planta in soil ready to flip question is can I run dwc in the same tent as long as I keep it clean?
I did it recently but don’t advise it.. when I did the flip for my DwcI already had a flowering soil plant so I put them together and everything was fine for a while but then I noticed bugs in the soil and had to get it out of there..

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

I think that if the environment is clean then you can mix any medium in the same room.

Nuggz420

Nuggz420

I wouldn't personally but yeah it "can" be done. But depending on your set up you could introduce fungus gnats ect to your setup although uncommon in dwc they can take hold in your net pot filled with clay pebbles. You can in theory mix any media set up together in a room.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Yes it can be done but I don't know I'll do it again whats good for the soil isn't always good for the hydro and vice versa I'm figuring out I may have to do soil during the winter and hydro during the summer due to the way the weathers been lately I'll just dedicate tents to one or the other from now on to better keep the peace

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

I appreciate all the good advice guys but switched over to coco cause im practically growing in an attic and figured out real quick even in winter hydro just isnt gonna work maybe if went the whole mile and got a rec system with a chiller decided im too lazy for that it this point in my life maybe someday haha 👍🤘😂

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Always good to check out what are the options most suitable...

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Always good to check out what are the options most suitable...
Yeah had buddy's who swear by hydro and have great results in dwc so I was like he'll I can do that but didnt take into consideration they were doing that in a cold basement ahhh lol

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

Its always what is suitable to your own circumstances.

Good to explore.

I did my first DWC grow to see if I can. And this was one experiment which didn't go wrong.

Now, I know....

Top Bottom