Dwc mainline

• Thread starter Frostybud33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frostybud33

This is my first dwc and my time mainlining a plant...half broke a week before harvest what's the best way to tie down dwc plants but still be able to clean and change bucket

Dwc mainline
Dwc mainline 2
Indiva710

Indiva710

Here is a few diff ways you can do it so you can do a PVC scrog frame and tie it to the base of the bucket or to the top...or put it on wheels like the 2nd pic...and the last 2 pics is how I do my cabinet or grow tent 2x2...I use 5gal lowes buckets for my dwc grows for males and or mother plants....so I use a rubber groumet 1/2in and a 1/2 elbow that I put into the groumet and attach a hose to the other end...now this hose dose several things for you..u can use it for water level u will have to mark it when it's full so you know where it should be....also getting a Turkey baster works wonders for it...so with the hose being 1/2 it will fit on any water pump so you can suck all the nutes out of the bucket for a rez change which is very easy to do..and then u can fill the bucket back up from the top even...also the hose line I use for doing water adjustments like adding more nutes in or phing it etc..u can empty like 1000ml out check it adj it then pour it back in the tube with a funnel so it does thee least amount of root shock....and u can use the baster to mix the bucket too just put it over the hose and squeeze the ball a few times and get it good and mixed then take another sample and adjust if need be and voila done deal nice n easy...if you have the room u could always add another bucket for a reservoir....esp for 5gal buckets as they only do 2.5gal with 10in net pots from the bottom of them and if u add 90% roots in the bucket and it drinking 1+gal a day you do the math...so a separate reservoir would be a huuuge improvement...or if you can even switching to recirculating system if possible...also depends on how many gal buckets you use...also if you want to know how to calculate how many gal ur bucket holds with the net pot just let me know I can tell u how it's easy too.....hope this helps...let me know if you have any questions

B39055b097053c0b4a01f64bfc833f07
DWC net pot primary 1024 grande
20180731 181331
20180819 141522
F

Frostybud33

Excellent setup and thank you for the step by step.how long do you veg for?and yes I would like to know how to calculate how much my bucket holds
Right now I'm in 4 gallon black buckets

Indiva710

Indiva710

That's actually my prior setup well the cabinet is still about the same but with a larger cloner I made too and well veg is now rdwc and alot changed since those pics that I sent...it depends on veg on what im doing training wise and plants itself i was supposed to flip a few weeks ago but was in the hospital for 8 days so it delayed alot and having leaky pumps etc...
Check out my grow journal if u want to see my newest setup veg and bloom

Indiva710

Indiva710

For container calculation for any container...you do container size divide by the height.....
Then you take net pot height minus container height then you times that by the 1st number...
So say you have a 5gal bucket that's 14in tall
5÷14=0.35
14-7=7
0.35x7=2.49 gal capish lol

20190708 124411
20190516 131523
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
drill holes in the black net pot rim and tie down from there

F

Frostybud33

drill holes in the black net pot rim and tie down from there
Thank you I want to post a pic but I'm to embarrassed 😂 I wanted to veg them out longer but had something come up so I flipped after 2 weeks in veg not thinking they would out grow my pots but I was wrong..they blew up and made me realize how much of a job dwc and that I don't want it screw the explosive growth up front if I can't manage it...I know I'm going to revisit later when I can afford rdwc... Please the photos are for help I'm sensitive 😂so please don't clown me to hard

D

Dabhead710

Or just use the net pot to tie down too instead of drilling holes...and twist ties work great too...I also use the rubber type ties too and will just stick them under the lid or wrap around a piece of net pot works great too so u can move and adjust them easily

Indiva710

Indiva710

Ya agreed u do have to plan for dwc growth however they didnt overgrow ur buckets just fyi...that's how dwc is as long as u can keep up with feeding them and ur roots dont dry out which is why rdwc is soo wonderful....however when you decided to go rdwc do lots of research and build the system yourself so its affordable....and use bulkheads do not waste your time or money on uniseals....and do not use elbows use tees with plugs as you have to be able to clean every single inch of the inside system that water and nutes touch....

F

Frostybud33

Or just use the net pot to tie down too instead of drilling holes...and twist ties work great too...I also use the rubber type ties too and will just stick them under the lid or wrap around a piece of net pot works great too so u can move and adjust them easily
Is it sturdy when you lift up lid to clean and change nutes? And how often do you actually remove net pot pump and clean bucket?that's my issue it doesn't feel sturdy when I lift my net pot I'm going to tie down and see

Indiva710

Indiva710

Well it depends on how you attach it the tie down and wat ones u use can affect it too...I usually dont lift my net pots up and I use the tube like I told you to drain and fill nutes I mean u can fill from the top...but the tube and groumet is a must have for dwc..to check water levels to ph..check ppm etc...the rubber tie downs works better for bigger plants and larger stems and branches and the plastic coated tie downs are great for small plants and plant training....the size of ur net pot makes a diff too

F

Frostybud33

Well it depends on how you attach it the tie down and wat ones u use can affect it too...I usually dont lift my net pots up and I use the tube like I told you to drain and fill nutes I mean u can fill from the top...but the tube and groumet is a must have for dwc..to check water levels to ph..check ppm etc...the rubber tie downs works better for bigger plants and larger stems and branches and the plastic coated tie downs are great for small plants and plant training....the size of ur net pot makes a diff too
Thank you

Top Bottom