DWC - Not working as expected.

• Thread starter axilotl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
axilotl

axilotl

@Kampbe1l
Thanks for taking the time to reply, even if it's one of "those" questions.
Is there a rough time estimate it takes to go from clear to milky trichomes ? I'm just thinking when to start GHE Finalpart.

axilotl

axilotl

Hi,

current status, week 7 started of flowering. And these spots. What could this be?
IMG 9315
IMG 9317
IMG 9318

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

looking good.

not sure about that photo of the leaf - is that just one leaf, or is this developing further on the plant? i think you're so close to harvest, that if this is an issue, this issue wouldn't develop into hindering now your yield or quality.

the overall bigger picture shows that you're doing good. Nuh, even great. Maybe i'm modest, but i would be content, no - happy with this grow, you've done well.

patience, my friend, you know it's all about that. the more patient you are, the more you will be rewarded.

for me, it's way too early - but that's probably my preference. when those white pistils mostly changed to brown (if not all), and more withered. you've just entered the early stage of the harvest window - i don't think you want to harvest at this early stage, though some do prefer this. I like the 'head' stone, though i like the 'body' stone where you lose physical co-ordination - its this sort of territory that you have just entered in this harvest window.

you're asking this question, when?, when its just at the earliest window of harvest. wait, and you will be rewarded with volume and quality - more yield, and 'heavier' effects of its smoke. some strains put significant volume (maybe 20%) in the last 2 weeks to full maturity.

this is the time, to contain your excitement and expectation, hang on a little more, 2/3+ weeks is just a little more, compared to all the effort and time you've spent on this grow. and then after harvest, be patient with its drying & curing.

i think a lot of this - this thing of ours - is about patience, and managing expectations.

you are almost there, and you have done well so far. you are right, the finish line is close, but it's still a little further than you think (?).

nuh, it's too early to harvest....ask again in about 3 weeks.

Last edited:
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

That leaf picture is suspect......have you checked for mites? You will need a magnifying glass to see them on the underside of the leaf.

Check any/all leaves that have those spots on them.

axilotl

axilotl

@Kampbe1l : Thanks for the advice. Am definitely not in a hurry ;) But now I got worried regarding @TheBioMaster 's post. It's light off time now. I'll check as soon as the lights come on. Am worried now, wasn't even thinking about pest. I suppose there's not much I can do at this point in, other than chop them down if there is an infestation!

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

remove any heavily damaged leaves. yeah, its a delicate point, any pest/bug treatment, go mild, diluted. quarantine the grow area, if you have different 'gardens' within, contain infestation, if not rid of this infestation. how much damage is there? is it just on that plant, or also on others?

maybe milder treatment, like soapy water?

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You still got options.....

As mentioned above, remove all damaged leaves into a bucket and get those leaves out of grow room.

Hopefully its a deficiency, but if not there are some products you can still use. As long as you catch them before seeing webs, and you stay on top of treatments, you can get them under control and harvest on time or maybe a bit early......no biggie.

Look for little white tiny round balls on bottom side of leaves. Use at least a 40 to 60X magnifying or higher.

Keep us posted!

axilotl

axilotl

Hey,

so I searched and searched and unfortunately I did find something! Until now I hadn't even thought of pests. There are plenty of leaves getting spots but it must be nutrient related. I plucked like 20 leaves, and checked the rest of the plants for 30 mins. I only found this one leaf having, what looks like a larva on it.
I didn't find any adults or anything other than this.
Im gonna check everyday now. It doesn't seem to be an infestation (yet?).
What do y'all suggest?! I read most treatment methods that actually work are out of the question since its late flowering.

20201011 100042 198

axilotl

axilotl

@TheBioMaster : As you said, and as per google search, spider mites have round balls. What could this be? White fly?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yup, is it whiteflies or thrip?

either way, probably similar treatments. i would probably go for more organic solutions, rather than commercial off-the-shelf bug-killers (pesticides, that's the word i was looking for) - but i find the home-made solutions of course not as effective as the 'heavier' chemical treatment.

i think its neem oil - but i hate that stuff - go real mild with such stuff if ya going to use it. a good blast with the hose and some organic insecticidal soap, first, i reckon.

you want to contain the infection, stop its spread, and of course eradicate. so, it's a multi-application of these countermeasures - you gotta knock out the adults, then knock out the eggs, etc, takes a couple of applications to get rid of these generations of pests developing...

chemistry

chemistry

I'd start to flush this Saturday, this brings you to the start of week 9, if the spots are mites they will multiply in a week by the thousands, and then millions.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I agree with chemistry.......flush and chop.

Not sure what that is in the picture......if its mites, I feel pretty confident you would have seen them munching down on the bottom of the leaves with all the spots on them.....along with lots of round little eggs.

One female mite can lay hundreds of eggs.....

axilotl

axilotl

Been checking the leaves very regularly. Spent 30 mins checking today. Haven't found anything at all. Nothing crawling, no eggs.
By the way, since this is single bucket DWC, how long you recon for the flush? 2 days?

Latest posts

Top Bottom