Dwc plants going slightly droopy and not growing as expected

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I have 4 super lemon haze clones in dwc.

2 at the front are slightly better. Not too bad. Growth seems fairly slow

2 at the back at hardly growing at all. Leaves turning a really yellowy green colour. Trimmed two leaves off that were clearly dieng to see if it would pick up but nothing

I top feed small amount twice a day. And bottom of net pots are wet from. Bubbling.

Using gh nutrients 5ml micro 5ml grow 5ml bloom. Orca 3ml.shogun silicon. Shogun katana roots also.

Ph 5.8

Water temp. Room temp and humidity all ok.

Cant. Figure out whats going. On. Please help!!!! Aprreciate yall

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

IMG 20211215 000529

IMG 20211215 000525
IMG 20211215 000519
IMG 20211215 000514
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I have 4 super lemon haze clones in dwc.

2 at the front are slightly better. Not too bad. Growth seems fairly slow

2 at the back at hardly growing at all. Leaves turning a really yellowy green colour. Trimmed two leaves off that were clearly dieng to see if it would pick up but nothing

I top feed small amount twice a day. And bottom of net pots are wet from. Bubbling.

Using gh nutrients 5ml micro 5ml grow 5ml bloom. Orca 3ml.shogun silicon. Shogun katana roots also.

Ph 5.8

Water temp. Room temp and humidity all ok.

Cant. Figure out whats going. On. Please help!!!! Aprreciate yall
Good Evening;

• i noticed that you added nutes to the seedling; are you using the "recommended" levels of nutes if so, stop; they are generally wrong. I generally start at 1/4 recommended, and rarely go above 50% of recommended. If your experience shows otherwise, you can always add more as conditions warrant.
  • when everything is mixed and adjusted; what is your starting PPM?
  • are you using hydroguard along with that orka??)
  • are you using a T-5 at all? I have found out the hard way that i needed one; especially during the first 3 weeks. A lot of folks have told me i'm nuts but the addition of a two tube 4 foot fixture cleared up my issues that showed up after germination but before the roots hit the water.
  • are you using Cal-mag if so how much per gal?
  • what is the percentage of Cal to Mag? it should be at least 2:1 (higher if you can find it)
  • is your PH stable of does it fluctuate wildly?
  • what are you using to control your PH?
  • are you using RO water?
  • is your water buffered (especially if RO)?
  • is your light the correct distance from the top of the plant (differes with each model)?
for the first three weeks (germ through seedling week 2) my rez contains only RO water, CalMag, Hydroguard and Silica. I hand top-feed 3-4 times a day, then i switch to a drip ring for two weeks (remove before the stem gets too big too pass through the opening in the ring). It is only at the end of the third week of life that i add 1/8 to 1/4 of the recommended nute food and rootamaina to spur root growth (just my personal choice).

Good Luck & Happy Growing 🍻

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

1st week of nutes was very weak quarter strength if that. Hydroguard isnt available where i am so just orca. Also used silica and katana roots.

Using tapwater. Most guys by me i spoke to said u rarely ever need the calmag so i havent used it.

Maybe im. Not top feeding enough how much do u reccomend? I know u said 3-4 times a day but roughly what ml per feed?

Ph fairly stable. Week 1 started at 5.6 at end of week finished at 6.0 i use ph pen and tds meter.

1st week 250 ppm
Now start of this week 300ppm

Light is hung 24inch away at 50% strength

What is a t5??

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

So they failed miserably....

Round 2 begins!!!

Also found out ph pen was way out. Showing readings of 5.8 when it was actually 7+ so I'm. Guessing this was my main problem

Gone old school with vial and test indicator fuck these ph pens. Hopefully now it will go smoothly

Room temp 75f
Humidity 75%
Gh1/4 strength around 250ppm
Lights dimmed to start 24 inch
Also added shogun silicon and katana roots
Orca
Ph around 5.6-5.8

Michaelmng

Michaelmng

Hey did you get it dialed in, i. Experiencing the same issue in week 3 of veg I guess the primary focus is water and calmag in ro water to get the plant searching for food. I would add that you use ro water that's why your plants ph up swinged it was only drinking the water leaving behind the concentration of what ever they put in the city water plus what you added.

Latest posts

Top Bottom