DWC, RDWC and RECIRCULATING SYSYEM TOP UP EXPLAINED.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are lots of tips clawed downwards, look at the last pic on that leaf in the centre of the photo. All the serated edges along the sides are doing a upwards "taco" and cupping upwards but there are many leaf tips clawing down. They are also becoming rather dark green + shiny.
Dark shiny clawing down yep tox... but looks OK now. The serrations and cupping is likely leaf temps and light. Sometimes serrations will spike with a sligh mag deficiency. If the clawing is not on new leaves then it's a past N tox... especially if it's on older leaves. I see some K but likely due to transpiration of those leaves with heat/light stress.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Leaf temps with co2 on are around 79-82f

Room temp is around 84-85f to achieve this leaf temp, RH is 55-60%
I'd drop the leaf temps to around 77 and that should fix it.

I know co2 you can run warmer but some strains just don't take it in terms of leaf temps.

You have good airflow through and under the canopy I gather? Just making sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok can you retell me the amounts of each of those nutrients you mix?

It could be due to P tox. Not actually toz but to much P can lock out K to an extent

That's bloom nutes and pk boost?

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

Yeah, plenty of airflow. I'm using 1000w DE gavita x 4 in this particular room, and have around 4 feet between top of canopy and the lights. PPFD is around 1000 on average and my DLI is pretty bang on.

They had absolutely no issues through out veg in this exact setup, running these same leaf temps.

Do you mean the NPK ratios for the nutrients?

Remo
Calmag 3-0-0
Micro 3-0-1
Bloom 1-4-7
Grow 2-3-5

Boosters
ton-o-bud 0-10-6

Mi

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah, plenty of airflow. I'm using 1000w DE gavita x 4 in this particular room, and have around 4 feet between top of canopy and the lights. PPFD is around 1000 on average and my DLI is pretty bang on.

They had absolutely no issues through out veg in this exact setup, running these same leaf temps.

Do you mean the NPK ratios for the nutrients?

Remo
Calmag 3-0-0
Micro 3-0-1
Bloom 1-4-7
Grow 2-3-5

Boosters
ton-o-bud 0-10-6

Mi
Ok and how much of each are you adding? Imo no reason to run PK boost on top of a bloom nutrient. You will have way to much phosphorus

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I stopped using grow after flip

Mid flower = ton-o-bud bloom booster
Ok I'm all but certain this Is a ratio issue.

And you did the same last grow? Right.

Imo run 500-600ppm

Cal mag 3ml/gal
Grow 3ml per gal
Micro 3ml per gal
Bloom 3 ml per gal

Dilute to 500-600ppm if it's higher. Drop the PK boost because it's throwing your ratios way out of balance.

Run this until the end or you can cut the grow to 1.5 after about week 5.

Also imo you do not want to switch to a pure flower nutrient and definitely keep veg/transition ratios until after stretch. Usually week 3 of flower.

I bet if you do this next grow you will see a huge improvement in the health of your plants.

The PK boosters are designed for use with a grow base nute not for combination with bloom nutrients... its one or the other... use grow and PK or grow and bloom. I suggest the bloom.

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

Ok I'm all but certain this Is a ratio issue.

And you did the same last grow? Right.

Imo run 500-600ppm

Cal mag 3ml/gal
Grow 3ml per gal
Micro 3ml per gal
Bloom 3 ml per gal

Dilute to 500-600ppm if it's higher. Drop the PK boost because it's throwing your ratios way out of balance.

Run this until the end or you can cut the grow to 1.5 after about week 5.

Also imo you do not want to switch to a pure flower nutrient and definitely keep veg/transition ratios until after stretch. Usually week 3 of flower.

I bet if you do this next grow you will see a huge improvement in the health of your plants.

The PK boosters are designed for use with a grow base nute not for combination with bloom nutrients... its one or the other... use grow and PK or grow and bloom. I suggest the bloom.
Very interesting, I will give this a shot.

Do you think the ratios being out of whack could cause extra intake of N in some way?

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I visibly saw my plants get darker green and then show signs of N tox.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very interesting, I will give this a shot.

Do you think the ratios being out of whack could cause extra intake of N in some way?

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that I visibly saw my plants get darker green and then show signs of N tox.
So I can only see that on older leaves which tells me it likely did have but it was likely from pre flowering. When ratios get out of whack it affects uptake of other nutrients... phosphorus can also cause dark green leaves...almost a touch of a blue or purple hue to the green leaves... does that fit the bill for ya? I couldn't tell by the pics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also any damaged leaves the plant will not fix and they will get worse... concentrate on the new growth to see how it's improving

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

Also any damaged leaves the plant will not fix and they will get worse... concentrate on the new growth to see how it's improving
Yeah of course. The damaged leaves haven't been getting worse, they just kinda stayed the way they have been. New growth seems OK.

I'm not seeing the blue/purple tinge in any of the leaves tho, just darker green. As soon as I saw the issue I switched out to a fresh res as quickly as I could.

I'll try grab better pics of the leaves when my room turns on later this afternoon. Either way, thanks for the insight and help, it's greatly appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Few more pics of leaves... if they help at all.
Yup K deficiency... k also helps regulate stomata opening for transpiration. I do see 1 claw but I don't think you have a tox issue anymore.

I would mix equal parts and give it a week to see results of new growth.

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

You think they'll be able to recover and bounce back alright? They started off so strong then this happened over 2/3 day period.

If they are gonna struggle the entire way I'd rather chop them and start over again. No room for shitty product or weak yields really.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You think they'll be able to recover and bounce back alright? They started off so strong then this happened over 2/3 day period.

If they are gonna struggle the entire way I'd rather chop them and start over again. No room for shitty product or weak yields really.
Nah they will bounce back... maybe a slight loss on yield but it's still early it's not overly bad yet at all.

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

Nah they will bounce back... maybe a slight loss on yield but it's still early it's not overly bad yet at all.
Alright, I'll let them run. Thanks for the help man, appreciate it. Where in Canada you from? I'm in BC. I'd buy ya beer sometime if you were close lol 😆

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright, I'll let them run. Thanks for the help man, appreciate it. Where in Canada you from? I'm in BC. I'd buy ya beer sometime if you were close lol 😆
Central brother, some day I'll be out there 😁

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Mine eat/drink more during flower. some drink a gallon a day and they are in a 5 gallon bucket. I will change my res between grows to 20 gallons. I would have the automatic top off system when I get comfortable enough with those float valves. If I ruin my floors my growing days may be squashed by my better half.LOL
FWIW, although pricy, the UC top up kit has a reliable float valve and the UniSeal has been working fine on my 20 gallon Brute garbage can used as a top up; i'll need to go bigger next grow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom