DWC, RDWC and RECIRCULATING SYSYEM TOP UP EXPLAINED.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazyboy

Hazyboy

Central brother, some day I'll be out there 😁
So for the most part, plants have been doing pretty well. One of my loops is doing rather well, minus a few of the top buds look slightly deformed, all the mid and bottom buds look amazing tho. This loop is eating around 30-40ppm per night and drinking tons of water.

My second loop did rebound and plants look alright (different strain).. but over the last few nights it has started eating less, and then last night it actually started exuding PPM from the plants I believe, as my PPM is rising in that loop.

Any idea what would cause my PPM to start rising in the loop? They seem to be drinking the water at a fairly normal rate, and the res is only 3 days old.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So for the most part, plants have been doing pretty well. One of my loops is doing rather well, minus a few of the top buds look slightly deformed, all the mid and bottom buds look amazing tho. This loop is eating around 30-40ppm per night and drinking tons of water.

My second loop did rebound and plants look alright (different strain).. but over the last few nights it has started eating less, and then last night it actually started exuding PPM from the plants I believe, as my PPM is rising in that loop.

Any idea what would cause my PPM to start rising in the loop? They seem to be drinking the water at a fairly normal rate, and the res is only 3 days old.
How are the roots looking? They may just be lighter feeders. So you can top up with just water. All that means is the plant is taking up more water than nutrients... as long as it looks healthy uts not a concern. Just lower the ppm of nutrient concentration for that loop.

Hazyboy

Hazyboy

How are the roots looking? They may just be lighter feeders. So you can top up with just water. All that means is the plant is taking up more water than nutrients... as long as it looks healthy uts not a concern. Just lower the ppm of nutrient concentration for that loop.
Cool that's exactly what I did.

Roots look good, nutrient stained but no slime. Look the same as they did weeks ago.

I run water chillers and beneficial microbes so I feel pretty good about my root health.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cool that's exactly what I did.

Roots look good, nutrient stained but no slime. Look the same as they did weeks ago.

I run water chillers and beneficial microbes so I feel pretty good about my root health.
Good stuff.

dusty68

dusty68

I edited to add in a smaller system you may need to every time
Hey Aqua Man, I have read this several times and it is so helpful. With the 25 gal res, how big is each one of your sites? Are they about 7 or 8 gallons each? Just curious cause I am re-working mine now between grows. thanks in advance.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey Aqua Man, I have read this several times and it is so helpful. With the 25 gal res, how big is each one of your sites? Are they about 7 or 8 gallons each? Just curious cause I am re-working mine now between grows. thanks in advance.
5 gal sites about 3.5 gal when not filled with roots. But I can only veg about 3 weeks absolutely max and 2 is about right. Otherwise the roots are crazy. So 7-8 gal is a good place imo.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
On step #2, what type of water do you use to fill up? Is it ok to use RO?
You can, yes. In hydro, many use RO for simplicity sake, you just have to be mindful of the lack of alkaline buffering in RO and plan for that.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

I should probably add that I only top up with water until I'm about 20% lower than my target. So if I'm at 600ppm target I dont do nutrient tops ups until I'm about 480ppm. Usually every second day in my system.
Have you finished a run without doing a water change but just top up.

Kannabiz

Kannabiz

Ok I'm all but certain this Is a ratio issue.

And you did the same last grow? Right.

Imo run 500-600ppm

Cal mag 3ml/gal
Grow 3ml per gal
Micro 3ml per gal
Bloom 3 ml per gal

Dilute to 500-600ppm if it's higher. Drop the PK boost because it's throwing your ratios way out of balance.

Run this until the end or you can cut the grow to 1.5 after about week 5.

Also imo you do not want to switch to a pure flower nutrient and definitely keep veg/transition ratios until after stretch. Usually week 3 of flower.

I bet if you do this next grow you will see a huge improvement in the health of your plants.

The PK boosters are designed for use with a grow base nute not for combination with bloom nutrients... its one or the other... use grow and PK or grow and bloom. I suggest the bloom.
I came across a thread you were commenting about using veg nutes in flower. Can you elaborate on that please.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

@Aqua Man hey mate just read this thread - in my wilma system my last run i just topped up every day with 1-2 litres of water in my 60L rez of water - more they drank during flower more water i added daily - then every 7 days dropped it all out and added new batch in. is this not correct ?

i like your suggestion when they are seedlings could go first 3 weeks without a change in rez

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man hey mate just read this thread - in my wilma system my last run i just topped up every day with 1-2 litres of water in my 60L rez of water - more they drank during flower more water i added daily - then every 7 days dropped it all out and added new batch in. is this not correct ?

i like your suggestion when they are seedlings could go first 3 weeks without a change in rez
Its not wrong… this is just a more advanced and stable way to look after the system. More work but more control. So imo this is just a better way or an improvement on a subject

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yo @Aqua Man you should change the title of this to be easier to search for.

@Moe.Red add this to the hydro section of your library thread plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom