DWC/RDWC rooting times

• Thread starter Headach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Headach

How long until your roots are poped out of the net pots?

Poped my PNC clones in there for veg, they are taking their sweet time. Been ~2wks in veg, not much explosive growth but the roots are showing out just a little now.

What about all you other fellas?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Out of Whack?

What's your EC/PPM, pH and water temps?

Most see roots pop on RDWC within 3-5 days. If you've got RW rooted cuttings and they are water logged that can slow root development.....

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah, mine take about a week usually. I hand water them every other day to every third day till then. Do you think you may have been overwatering? Also, what size light are you using, I imagine it may take longer for smaller lights. I use a 1000w HPS.

H

Headach

Really thats strange.

My UC seems to take a lil long rooting. EC is at .5 ~350-400ppm @ .68 conversion.

Water temp is at 68F steady.

H

Headach

Do you guys let the RW touch the top of the water?

I keep mine prob like 1in to 1/2in above the water.

D

DazedNconfussed

well I have a few inches of hydroton under my rockwool, so Ill fill the water lever maybe 1" above the bottom of the net pot but not up to the rockwool.

H

Headach

How close would you say your water is to the wool?

Pretty odd i been experiencing with slow root growth in my UC but when i had the aero setup it blew the rootgrowth compared to the UC by miles.

I try having the water an inch or so down and even bringing it close back up to the wool and still not seeing any growth at all. I water the wool prob everyother day just a tiny bit to make sure its saturated.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

pH, EC/PPM ?

It's likely you've got your ppm's too high....that can hamper root growth in rdwc.....probably should be about 250 if you're still striking roots.

U

UNCLEJOE

ya gotta hand water them from the top ,,from there it takes bout a week for them to make thier way into the bublles..twice a day should do it

Reactions: fo0
J

Jalisco Kid

They are clones and can be fed 350ppm conv .5. I would hand water just around the edges. Try to let the rockwool dry out some forcing the roots to seek the water. This is why I use a drip topfeed. It costs alittle more to set up, but then what does a Lost week cost? Shame he stopped using ellie pots and is now using rw. JK

H

Headach

Thanks for the tip JK.

I will hand water around them rw in sec. It dried out now.

Top Bottom