DWC Sytem opinions

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello farmers,
I am thinking of switching from soil to DWC in the near future and have been looking around at complete systems. I found this one and it does seem to be exactly what I'm looking for to go into my 4x4 tent.
I'm looking for feedback/advice as to what my fellow farmers think of this system whether it be good or bad and if bad what recommendations would you suggest? Thanks for looking!

http://www.amazon.com/AquaBuckets-Gallon-Culture-Hydroponic-System/dp/B007I6ZVUI

Last edited:
IndaVI

IndaVI

Sup dude? Looks like a good rig... You can easily fill your tent with that an with minimal veg time too... Growth with a system like that will be explosive... I grew in dwc for a couple years with great success them moved to a different house with well water and was beset with slime... Had to invest in a r/o unit and a chiller to get things under control...

IndaVI

IndaVI

Have you thought about wether you will run sterile or bennies? If you don't have a cool res ( under 70) bennies are the way to go. Either way it will be a fun challenge that can be VERY rewarding....

DismalDude

DismalDude

Have you thought about wether you will run sterile or bennies? If you don't have a cool res ( under 70) bennies are the way to go. Either way it will be a fun challenge that can be VERY rewarding....
Sterile for sure.I know that system has the filter but I've never done DWC before so I would go sterile for at least one run to get my weed legs. ;) I was thinking that I'd insulate the buckets for temps.

IndaVI

IndaVI

You might consider rotating some cold packs or frozen water bottles in the controll bucket to chill things down a bit... Then again I live in the Caribbean where things tend to be on the warm side... Res temps might not be an issue!:D

IndaVI

IndaVI

That will do the trick... Set that baby on 64 degrees ... Maybe a little dm zone just to be safe and you will have monsters in no time!

DismalDude

DismalDude

Thanks for your feedback IndVI,much appreciated.Will be looking to order in the next two months for sure.Meters,PH kit,chiller,DWC system,calibration solution,Dm zone gold,and Rockwool will look to run me about $670 with tax.

IndaVI

IndaVI

The meters can be a b!t@#! I've had some good ones and a lot of crappy ones now I'm back to drops for ph and a blue labs wand for ppm.... The Hanna ph checker was a decent ph meter... Anyways good luck man and keep us posted!

e4ian

e4ian

(in the day)I went from soil too Nft too Nft and Coco Coir to rDWC (and h/w coir plants!)
DWC offers the fastest way to grow with the biggest Yield
Nft was finee too..

F

FooDoo

Frozen water bottles is ghetto and will not work.

64 is too cold. You'll slow your growth down. 68 is great . 66 is a lil bit better but depending on room temp the buckets will condensate and sweat a little at 66.

If you're doing buckets like that cheap amazon system I would build my own for a third of the cost.

If you want to buy a system, the only one worth spending retail pricing on is under current.

Get yourself a bluelab gauradian that will constantly read pH, ppm and water temp.

In a 4x4 I'd go with a 1000 watt light . that's 62.5 watts per square foot. Which is more then enough. A 600 watt would be 37.5 watts per square foot which is just barely "OK" but not near the ideal 50

IndaVI

IndaVI

I've been ising hydroton in my net pots but am thinking about switching to a chow mix...
Also I have some hercules pots... Will they work for net pots in dwc?

D

dieselgrower

Frozen water bottles is ghetto and will not work.

64 is too cold. You'll slow your growth down. 68 is great . 66 is a lil bit better but depending on room temp the buckets will condensate and sweat a little at 66.

If you're doing buckets like that cheap amazon system I would build my own for a third of the cost.

If you want to buy a system, the only one worth spending retail pricing on is under current.

Get yourself a bluelab gauradian that will constantly read pH, ppm and water temp.

In a 4x4 I'd go with a 1000 watt light . that's 62.5 watts per square foot. Which is more then enough. A 600 watt would be 37.5 watts per square foot which is just barely "OK" but not near the ideal 50

IndaVI

IndaVI

I built a dwc out of a cooler once... Frozen water bottles worked well only had to change em out every couple days

Top Bottom