DWC Water choices?

• Thread starter Aceboogie024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aceboogie024

Aceboogie024

What type of water are you guys running in your DWC systems. Im currently using RO water but there's so much waste. I have city water at my house and it leaves pink stains on everything. Kiddie pools, buckets, humidifier, you name it. So i was wondering what some of you guys are using. Id like to explore other options. I'll keep running my RO filter in the meantime.
Thanks

Aceboogie024

Aceboogie024

What type of water are you guys running in your DWC systems. Im currently using RO water but there's so much waste. I have city water at my house and it leaves pink stains on everything. Kiddie pools, buckets, humidifier, you name it. So i was wondering what some of you guys are using. Id like to explore other options. I'll keep running my RO filter in the meantime.
Thanks
Also if anybody can tell me what the pink stuff my tap water leaves on stuff is, or if theres anything i can do to improve it, that'd be a nice bonus. I just use a garden hose filter on my vegetable garden outside

Roadblock

Roadblock

Set up a tank for rainwater, Im rural and its all Ive ever used nearly as good as RO water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tap water at 120ppm. The pink stains maybe "Pink mold" i think its actually a bacteria. I have seen it in toilets, showers, dehumidifiers, humidifiers and plenty of other places. A quick wash with bleach or peroxide does the trick.

rmb0513

rmb0513

I use ro but am lucky to have a well so waste water is not an issue for me.
When I get behind on getting ro (run a reef tank also) I will buy it at walmart .37 a gallon $1.85 for 5 gallons

chemistry

chemistry

Also if anybody can tell me what the pink stuff my tap water leaves on stuff is, or if theres anything i can do to improve it, that'd be a nice bonus. I just use a garden hose filter on my vegetable garden outside

What PH is your tap water?

Top Bottom