Dwc Water Problems

• Thread starter VieLaylaRose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

VieLaylaRose

So, started growing on Hydro for the first time. I noticed that my water is turning greenish after giving Plagron Hydro A & B.
Can't find anything online that looks like my problem.

DGP

DGP

Are your buckets and reservoirs completely opaque, preferably black?

Other bacteria can appear greenish and some forms like cyanobacteria also use photosynthesis and can appear green.

What are your water conditions like (ph, ppm at the source, ppm after nutes are added etc....)? What are your water temperatures?

V

VieLaylaRose

Are your buckets and reservoirs completely opaque, preferably black?

Other bacteria can appear greenish and some forms like cyanobacteria also use photosynthesis and can appear green.

What are your water conditions like (ph, ppm at the source, ppm after nutes are added etc....)? What are your water temperatures?

Recently I've bought a DWC.
I already have all materials, just a few questions.

After a few troubles with my roots, water, ... i'm stuck. I can't seem to find what the actual problem is.
I was wondering if you could explain how to start a DWC from scratch. Like, what are the steps for a perfect start-up?

I use tapwater (in a container of 50l) which has Ph 7.4 so that is obviously to high. So I add Ph-down till it's 5,5 - 6 Ph.
After adding the airstones, how long should it be bubbling?
When do I add the nutrients?

The seedling is put in rockwool.
After a few days checking it has a few roots which already show rootrot, fungus, ... even when there is no lightleak. (checked and confirmed!)

The few roots that are visible touch the water slightly, so adding plagron pure zym and Plagron Hydro a&b. After 24h I have like a "foamy" texture on the sides of my bucket, where the waterlevel is. Is that normal?

As i mentioned, I have everything to start a DWC. I just need to know how to start from an empty bucket, a seedling in rockwool and when to add nutrients.

L.

DGP

DGP

The most important thing is the water temperature. What are your maximum water temps?

Dee

V

VieLaylaRose

19 celcius
I think the problem is i dont know the right order to do all thus like, when to put Ph correct and when to add nutes... how long should i bubble the bucket before i use ph down ?
Or first add nutes ?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

you might check out my thread. It's a tutorial of sorts- warts and all. Lots of pictures. New aeroponic grow right now

Magic M

Magic M

Ditch the enzymes. They will cause a bio film that will smother your roots. Are you running sterile or using bennies

4plant

4plant

To try and answers your questions
- bubble all the time(aggressively)
- add nutes then ph. Re check after 30 min then again twice a day.
- the Rockwool should never touch water, even small seedlings should be An inch or two above the bubbling water.

Top Bottom