dying buds please help me!!!

• Thread starter green hector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

green hector

I am going to try and explain this as well as i can without posting pix. I am doing my first hydro grow and I am growing Alaskan Ice and G-Force. I have switched from using dutch-masters gold, to now using GH 3-part. they have reached the last 3 of their life (I am assuming). I have had a few problems through-out their lives b/c like i said it is my first hydro set-up and I had a few things to learn, and b/c i was not allowing them to have perfect conditions and this has added a significant amoung of time on their ripening stage.
I am using a Hortilux 400 watt HPS at the moment (may switch back to MH Hortilux Daylight last few weeks) I am using a top feed system that i made, with hydro-ton in 4 inch pots. The humidity has been really low arounf 20-25 %. I have kept the PH between 5.8-6.0 and the nutient level is only about 300ppm (on hanna scale) b/c if i have it any higher the ppm raise in only 12 hours up to 350-400ppm (I'm assuming this is b/c of the low humidity) I have been using 3% hydrogen peroxide at 5 ml per gallon

all nurtients i am using
3-part GH
floralicious plus
floranectar
Snowstorm (Humboldt)
koolbloom

The problems exist the most on the Alaskan Ice.
The buds are growing a little airey which i belive is b/c the temp's are a little high (the temp directly under the hpd are about 90 degress and about a foot under the light is about 82 degrees.) but the issue that is becoming a huge problem is; the inside of the buds, all the calyx pods are yellowing and then slowly dying off.
i would say within 10 days a calyx pod will begin to yellow and 10 days later the pod is brown-dead-and crispy.

I cant figure out what factor(s) is/are causing this, and i am worried i put the $$ and time into and i will end up with dead crispy buds if i wait untill full ripening.

Like i said i built the system myself and the are two little spots inside the table that do allow very small and shallow pools of water/ nutrients to build up. i fixed this problem for the most part.

D

DrFrankenstrain

the problem of the airy buds may also be the result of you using snowstorm and koolbloom together... They are basically the same thing just different manufacturer. You are over feeding them and making them grow faster than what they should

S

scoobydoo

What size is your reservoir? The ppm going up that much means they are taking up water much faster then nutes. A larger reservoir will help provide a bigger buffer against this happening. Are there any leaves yellowing or is it just the calyx? 300ppm is really really low, if the leaves don't show signs of heat stress Im pretty sure whats happening is the low ppm makes it very easy for a hungry plant to eat all of one nute and starve even though your ppm might not have significantly dropped. How often do you change the water? Smaller systems need complete change overs more often.

Top Bottom