Dying leaves two weeks into flower

• Thread starter geralds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geralds

geralds

Hey guys,

Im having this issue as of a couple days ago. I think I have a couple issues but I’ll see what you guys tell me before I say what I think the possibilities are. I’m two weeks into flower in a 10x10 With 4 1000w DE lights. Lights are full power about two feet above canopy. Yesterday they looked amazing, now for some reason they aren’t happy. Plants are in Coco Feeding canna every other day @ 500-530ppm ph’ed to 5.8-6.0.

ive noticed quite a few leaves here and there turning yellow and dying. Tonight when the lights came on I noticed the leaves were cupped toward the light and a little droopy. They hardly drank anything from the previous day when I did a pretty heavy water at about 390ppm. I did recently add c02 @1000ppm and let temps get to around 85 Rh 65. Ive checked the runoff and I’m a little under to about the same that’s going in. Ph was 6. Any help would be great guys. Thanks!

Dying leaves two weeks into flower
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 2
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 3
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 4
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 5
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 6
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 7
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 8
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 9
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 10
Dying leaves two weeks into flower 11
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys,

Im having this issue as of a couple days ago. I think I have a couple issues but I’ll see what you guys tell me before I say what I think the possibilities are. I’m two weeks into flower in a 10x10 With 4 1000w DE lights. Lights are full power about two feet above canopy. Yesterday they looked amazing, now for some reason they aren’t happy. Plants are in Coco Feeding canna every other day @ 500-530ppm ph’ed to 5.8-6.0.

ive noticed quite a few leaves here and there turning yellow and dying. Tonight when the lights came on I noticed the leaves were cupped toward the light and a little droopy. They hardly drank anything from the previous day when I did a pretty heavy water at about 390ppm. I did recently add c02 @1000ppm and let temps get to around 85 Rh 65. Ive checked the runoff and I’m a little under to about the same that’s going in. Ph was 6. Any help would be great guys. Thanks!
early bloom should be 750 -950 ppm even if you just go to transion your ppm should be 450 to 750full veg so that needs to come up,they hungry,and you also need to wrok on the rh in flower in the 60's isnt good ,but between transition of stret,,,ch and feed pattern you got starving looks like to me,going from such small numbers in ppm i wouldnt just bounce in there and start right at 750 ppm ,go about 550 and work your way up,then when you hit full bloom you should be 1000 to 1600 ppm on the 500 hannah chart scale,so im thinking they need feed

geralds

geralds

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I’ve started to try and narrow it down one thing at a time. It’s just odd because literally the day before that pic was taken they were the best they’ve EVER looked. It just shows how fast things can go south in coco.

the day before they looked so good I had added the c02 and upped temps to 83 or so and raised humidity to try and get vpd dialed in. So I figured they liked what I gave them. My guess is it’s a couple issues. One being I wasn’t feeding enough for the amount of light and c02 they were getting and they went down hill fast. The second thing is I did do a NUKE EM spray just on the exterior of the fabric pots, and underneath them. I did that because I noticed I have a decent Springtail infestation in a few of the pots. They’re are quite a few roots sticking out the bottom and the sides so maybe I burned them slightly with the spray. Should I even worry about these damn spring tail things? I’ve read they’re good I’ve read to get rid of them. So idk. Thanks guys

9CA6E0DE 9D61 47EA B830 EE9D480B41BB
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I’ve started to try and narrow it down one thing at a time. It’s just odd because literally the day before that pic was taken they were the best they’ve EVER looked. It just shows how fast things can go south in coco.

the day before they looked so good I had added the c02 and upped temps to 83 or so and raised humidity to try and get vpd dialed in. So I figured they liked what I gave them. My guess is it’s a couple issues. One being I wasn’t feeding enough for the amount of light and c02 they were getting and they went down hill fast. The second thing is I did do a NUKE EM spray just on the exterior of the fabric pots, and underneath them. I did that because I noticed I have a decent Springtail infestation in a few of the pots. They’re are quite a few roots sticking out the bottom and the sides so maybe I burned them slightly with the spray. Should I even worry about these damn spring tail things? I’ve read they’re good I’ve read to get rid of them. So idk. Thanks guys
you're going to make me gag. it's interesting u mentioned- best they ever looked n then BAM! that's exactly what happens, when we fry em and how i describe it. seraphine, is ur grower of choice. I'll see if... re: bug expert.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

4000 burnin in a 10x... hmmm... wow. check lst, bleaching... didn't notice how tall/established they were for that crazy lighting. how r u so deeply invested and... "unsure"? tech won't do it all so... read read read.
I'd like to see the rh drop.
roots need oxygen... diox, up above. ummm... i don't play with co2 ppms, over nutes n stages. i just didn't like what i saw at 1200 vs 1600... just sayin- don't look there. it's prolly not the diox. um... u rain it down from the heavens, yes?

geralds

geralds

Yes I actually have them on full power right now about 20 inches above canopy and they’re looking back to normal. I did a decent feeding at around 550 and they perked right back up praying toward the light. But I did turn c02 off too. And no I’m not baking them I have a 24k btu mini split in the tent and reaching a comfortable 75 degrees. But yes I know they can still be bleached even when temps are in line but so far they’re happy so I’m happy.

It’s weird but I noticed every time these plants are unhappy, it really effects my mood throughout the day until they’re back on track. Then when you get that “ah ha” moment you’re on cloud nine. One thing that always bites me in the ass is changing too many things at once. So when something goes wrong it’s hard to pinpoint which variable is the problem and can be a real nightmare. But taking notes helps a lot.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ok... i gotta stalk u. u been doin this, for a while. I'm glad i came "to work", today, or perhaps it's the absinthe, but u crack me up. i get over confident n try multiple changes, at once n then, lift my arms to the heavens n say, "wtf" & which change, is to blame.
ur prolly correct about the mood thang, too...lmfao!

Seraphine

Seraphine

Springtails are decomposers, they eat decaying organic material. In large numbers they could cause problems. Azamax used as a soil drench will kill them. Also, vary your pH a bit more, try to get it between 6.1-6.3 every now and then. Some nutrient like calcium and magnesium are only available at a higher pH. not sure how CO2 and rH can effect your plants since I don’t run CO2. Maybe someone else will chime in...

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

The springtails probably came in your coco mix. Was this compressed coco or the premixed bag coco?
i noticed that too,just thought my eyes were bad,last i used was the bricks and i got them,caught early and one azamax treat did the job,thats interesting indeed,good to no it happened to more than one

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

geralds, u have to appreciate that i have $.01, a stamp n envelope, that says seraphine scooped that, right out of their mind.
we b lucky, skol n seraphine, turned up.

i tried asphyxiation, with gnats. didn't work, for me and it's extremely, dangerous. had to slash n burn, not knowing any better.

fellas, is this a root only, zone, pest, or will they need to look at bud washing, or equivalent?

nm. got the penny. lied about the envelope n stamp. I'm an xy. um... trivia: if one is to mail an envelope, with something, of... less maliable, bulk... such as a penny... one may want to write, "hand stamp, only", on the parcel. it could save your penny's, life!
kinda like amzn's pkg, last wk-ish... it had refrigerant in it so the box, clearly says, "fragile (it's french...), this end up"... right before it's put into another dead tree, with only a partial smile, that translates to, "f.u., sucker!", in any language... and lay it on its side so that one may not use it, for 24hrs. kinda ironic, when one pays for 2 day... but can't use it, til the 3rd, n after the scab, rural letter carrier, who won't deliver gen hydro, "HYDROPONICS", boxes because her hoopty, is too schmall to do the job she bid for and alleged she was capable of doing (at what point, does the truth, matter?), has shown up, again... with another, "pick up at your 'LOCAL' hub"... trust me... when a service station, is also your "local", hub... it ain't waitin for ur pickup notice... at ANYTHING resembling, local...

Last edited:
geralds

geralds

About the spring tails. So I’ve read a couple other posts on this recently. And personally I think they’re coming from the Great White mycorrhizae powder. I find it easier to believe it’s coming from that than a company like Canna that’s been in the game for a very long time. But I could be wrong of course. I’ve read of other people thinking that’s where they’re coming from. I tried doing a soil drench with flying skull nuke em and absolutely murdered one plant. I guess I should of measured the dose lol. But I’ve used it so many times that I thought my eye was god enough but...

The last three grows I’ve had the little suckers. I’ve not really noticed any negative effects on the plants but it’s just gross taking runoff samples and the things are jumping all over the place. I just did a heavy defol so more light is getting to the pots. Maybe that’ll help idk

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

About the spring tails. So I’ve read a couple other posts on this recently. And personally I think they’re coming from the Great White mycorrhizae powder. I find it easier to believe it’s coming from that than a company like Canna that’s been in the game for a very long time. But I could be wrong of course. I’ve read of other people thinking that’s where they’re coming from. I tried doing a soil drench with flying skull nuke em and absolutely murdered one plant. I guess I should of measured the dose lol. But I’ve used it so many times that I thought my eye was god enough but...

The last three grows I’ve had the little suckers. I’ve not really noticed any negative effects on the plants but it’s just gross taking runoff samples and the things are jumping all over the place. I just did a heavy defol so more light is getting to the pots. Maybe that’ll help idk
canna coco is what i used,i bought it because i didnt want to have to rinse as much thinking a better rep company would be less salt,damn was i wrong,i swear it took 100 gal of water to rinse that shit and that was also the last time i used coco,so dont think for a minute the company name and product are all that,ive had bug twice in all my years,knats and springtail,both were in coco in same closet with same envorment same grow,15 3 gal buckets of pure freaking work,i will never do it again unless i have a flood table

London bud

London bud

Maybe your ph is off and causing the deficiencies/lockout? because you have signs of a few different deficiencies. Under 6 is to low for coco or soil no? It needs to be upto 6.5

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i would envision them, mounting my face, in my sweet, slumber lot of peeps like that stuff. try emailing the company about it n c what they say. i don't use it, but read great things n know if u like it- it comes n other... CHEAPER, brands. I'm thinkin of a specific YouTube grower, who really embraces it.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

canna coco is what i used,i bought it because i didnt want to have to rinse as much thinking a better rep company would be less salt,damn was i wrong,i swear it took 100 gal of water to rinse that shit and that was also the last time i used coco,so dont think for a minute the company name and product are all that,ive had bug twice in all my years,knats and springtail,both were in coco in same closet with same envorment same grow,15 3 gal buckets of pure freaking work,i will never do it again unless i have a flood table
I've seen cali's largest bud dist., have nuttin, but premature, unflushed bud so I'm with u...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

ok- seems ur gettin conflicting ph, intel, for coco... take it all under consideration, then- in ur own reading, u obviously do... n then... choose. I'm aero and I've read plenty on ph... but as it's not really my forte- I'm watching on sidelines... but there should b coco ph charts, as well, buried in my profile images.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i think sera um... meant to set u in between extremes n give u some wiggle room, to capitalize on nute uptake, with micro ph swings. i doubt either advisor, is technically, wrong. n sera has a photog mem so... she (?) wouldn't lead u astray; not intentionally.

Top Bottom