DYNA-GRO... Best Nutrients Available?!

• Thread starter dakin3d
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dakin3d

I've started to hear quite a bit about Dyna-Gro nutrients, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or input regarding this particular company? Has anyone ever done a comparison w/ other nutes vs. D-G? Supposedly, these are the REAL 'advanced nutrients'... Any input is much appreciated, as I like many, have found that most companies don't integrate enough N into their baseline nutes. If anyone does have experience, could you please mention what type of medium that you've used D-G in. Cheers, dak

S

Sensibowl

Why Advanced Nutrients is advanced Nutrients...

I have to say, I've never actually heard of those nutrients. But what I do know is that Advanced Nutrients knows what they're doing.

Especially when it comes to phosphorus.

According to their own tests and gas chromatography, they've found that having too much phosphorus actually leads to a lot of problems:

Coughing when you smoke
Too much ash
Harsh flavor
You get the idea...

So, that's why you see Advanced Nutrient formulas using less Phosphorus. It really helps my harvests have a clean taste and a smooth smoke. ANd while I have to admit I don't completely get the science behind their claims, I know that when I've used other so-called 'advanced nutrients,' their mineral figures have messed up my harvests.

Just look at Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, with P that's not too high. Same think that adding as much phosphorus as possible is the way to go, but this just causes troubles for the plant.

This is just something you should keep in mind when you're picking out nutrients. After all, if the plant isn't going to use a bunch of phosphorus, then it's probably going to do something strange in order to deal with the excessive nutes. My plants just turn out tasting like crap - and that's reason enough for me to listen to Big Mike and all of his crazy-ness.

:420:

Good luck on your grow there!

J

Jalisco Kid

If you like N in your formula look at house and gardens. I would not use it because it has too much N. I would like a 1:2.75 with N,K. JK

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Dyna Gro is a solid...old school commercial nutrients.

Well suited for MJ?? Probably not.

But if you ever need to actually learn something about nutrients when you contact a company, give Dave at Dyna Gro a call.........OG, a wealth of real world info.

BTW...it's got a little too much Ammoniacal Nitrogen for my liking...explosive, stout growth but you always end up with bugs.

Apparently Ammomiacal Nitrogen in excess or more specifically an imbalanced ratio relative to other minerals, causes the plants to emit pheromones that actually invite pest attacks....mother nature's special way of feeding her beloved bugs.:flower

K

kushpheen

dyna gro is old school, you might as well just pick up some miracle gro the next time your at walmart.

I

Inuit

Shit, Dyna grow is old school, yes, but it is formulated for hydro, not soil like MG.

Be safe

I

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I've started to hear quite a bit about Dyna-Gro nutrients, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or input regarding this particular company? Has anyone ever done a comparison w/ other nutes vs. D-G? Supposedly, these are the REAL 'advanced nutrients'... Any input is much appreciated, as I like many, have found that most companies don't integrate enough N into their baseline nutes. If anyone does have experience, could you please mention what type of medium that you've used D-G in. Cheers, dak

Bro, cut st8 thru all the bullshit & bullshit nutrient companies out there, go get yourself some General Hydroponics Flora Series. There is no other nute company out there if your growing synthetics/dro or just want the dankest or stickiest herb...imvho* Now this does not mean it's the best herb.. For my personal personal head stash I only use organics.. The taste, smell and aromatics are much more alive in organic grows in the final dried herb vs syns.

The Flora series is THE OG of growing hydro, coco, soilless, etc... That shit will work with any & everything, great buffers too.... Everything they produce works in "synergy" with one another... That's why many top breeders and growers use it. ie. Swerve, Rez, NASA, etc.. Sorry if I forgot any of you others out there.. It's very easy to use, large yields, and cheap.. I have used them all.. I always go back to GH.

You DO NOT need the green bottle with GH. If ya run R/O water, get some Magi-Cal from TechnaFlora, too, way better than CAL-MAG. That shit is a joke.. I'll post a basic recipe for ya below..

I grow in GH's Aeroflo 60's, hydro buckets, and in large pots of Sunshine Mix#4 + FFOF+? - 1:1 ratio = my SuperSoil.. So it can be used everywhere.

* I use all organics for my citrus & food crops, however. I strongly believe for beginners, lazy asses, or those seeking a good company for organic grows use AGE OLD ORGANICS. They make a GROW, BLOOM, and KELP. They are a great old school company and their products work great. .02

**Basic recipe but will have to modify accordingly, especially with OGs & Chems. Those bitches are hogs!!! You literally have to switch this recipe around a bit..

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 5.8-6.0 pH)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

VEGETATIVE STAGE AT 24 HRS. LIGHT ON
(18/6,optional)

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength>on.

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15!)

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
1 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29!)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom
(AND ON DAY 36,a 1 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER Slam!!)

Day 52-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <500 ppm

**orig posted by R*z

B

Bowdirk

Heres .02 from a n00b.

I got an Undercurrent 6XL and grew 6 Blue Dream for my first grow ever and ran minimum amount of Dyna-Gro Grow and then the Bloom mix when I flipped. I also used their Pro-Tek product as well.

Like I said it was my first grow, i got 8/oz a plant under 2K of lights.

I am sure I will do better as I learn, but for simple and successful Dyna-Gro worked for me.

They have been in business supporting all kinds of commercial grows for years, their shit seems to work and is very reasonably priced.

Cheers,
Bowdirk

R

rhead

I bought my first hydro setup in the late 80's from New Earth in Kentucky. I got a gallon of Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloow to use in my system. Quantum 4 tray 12 plant in Grodan rockwool. Kept the ph right, lights 30w/sq ft and that shit was amazing! Switched over to the Bloom and was dually impressed! Only downfall was I noticed a salty buildup in the resivoir when cleaning for the next round. I would definatly use it again, just add some beasty bloomz during florewing. Think I filled a tube sock with bat shit & soaked it in my resivoir back then... hey it was the 80's :damnhippie:

Lowman

Lowman

Bro, cut st8 thru all the bullshit & bullshit nutrient companies out there, go get yourself some General Hydroponics Flora Series. There is no other nute company out there if your growing synthetics/dro or just want the dankest or stickiest herb...imvho* Now this does not mean it's the best herb.. For my personal personal head stash I only use organics.. The taste, smell and aromatics are much more alive in organic grows in the final dried herb vs syns.

The Flora series is THE OG of growing hydro, coco, soilless, etc... That shit will work with any & everything, great buffers too.... Everything they produce works in "synergy" with one another... That's why many top breeders and growers use it. ie. Swerve, Rez, NASA, etc.. Sorry if I forgot any of you others out there.. It's very easy to use, large yields, and cheap.. I have used them all.. I always go back to GH.

You DO NOT need the green bottle with GH. If ya run R/O water, get some Magi-Cal from TechnaFlora, too, way better than CAL-MAG. That shit is a joke.. I'll post a basic recipe for ya below..

I grow in GH's Aeroflo 60's, hydro buckets, and in large pots of Sunshine Mix#4 + FFOF+? - 1:1 ratio = my SuperSoil.. So it can be used everywhere.

* I use all organics for my citrus & food crops, however. I strongly believe for beginners, lazy asses, or those seeking a good company for organic grows use AGE OLD ORGANICS. They make a GROW, BLOOM, and KELP. They are a great old school company and their products work great. .02

**Basic recipe but will have to modify accordingly, especially with OGs & Chems. Those bitches are hogs!!! You literally have to switch this recipe around a bit..

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

(18/6,optional)

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Use the above 1/2-strength on seedlings and clones to 10" tall,then feed full-strength>on.

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 52-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <500 ppm

**orig posted by R*z

It's all right there. Simple...yet productive.

And I have used Dyna-gro...and there's nothin really wrong with it....but GH kicks butt!

Y

Ya...The Pizza

I just ordered some dyna-grow protekt. I'm not going to use it a lot, i dont think, but I will probly dose my plants up with a lil bit of it mid way through flowering and see how she rolls...

Lowman

Lowman

I just ordered some dyna-grow protekt. I'm not going to use it a lot, i dont think, but I will probly dose my plants up with a lil bit of it mid way through flowering and see how she rolls...

I have been using pro-tek for years. I would concentrate more on veg using silica. It is not needed so much in mid to later flower I find. It's also a great ph up if it doesn't go mucky when it hits the feed water. If it does...then add your pro-tek to the water before adding anything else.

M

MASSES 420KING

that was the first ever nutrients i used back in 94-95 to elbows per plant was the end result but it was outdoor indoor it worked just fine but as time has gone by i have migrated to canna :anim_19::stonedsmilie::sun2:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
Kool-Bloom POWDER

(18/6,optional)

Veg,Feed:

6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 22-28
6ml micro
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 52-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <500 ppm

**orig posted by R*z

Tex, how do u run this differently for OGs & Chems? I assume ur running closer to 10 wks as well.

E

epicseeds

Dyna-Gro is the shit! Yes it is old school...that only means they know wat the hell they are doing...and dont charge an arm and a leg. Ed Rosenthal...back when he got busted in the early days...the DEA noticed he was using dyna-gro products and this got out causing dyna-gro to start backing off their marketing towards the mj community. this has kind of stuck and is well known in the tomato, houseplant community.

if any of you have heard of the guru "tapla" from garden web this is what he swears by. dyna-gro foliage pro 9-3-6 it is a 3-1-2 ratio which is the "folden ratio" found by gastronomy tests on marijuana and tests done on hemp in the veg stage.

what makes dyna-gro foliage pro awesome is that it comes with every single micronutrients which most "high end" brands (AN, canna, etc) leave out for another bottle.

marski420

marski420

I will rep the Advanced Nutrients lineup for life man.. almost all their shit is organic and is formulated for marijuana and they say that themselves. Here is a youtube video showing AN out doing a few major competitors including GH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMVGfxSOMS0&feature=related

While I cant say bad things against the competition cause I havent used them, I can vouche for AN anyday and can prove with some of my buddies pictures from another forum that they get fat sticky buds with the AN lineup, just ask me!!

marski420

marski420

Sorry, I didnt mean to say almost all their shit was organic. They do have a great selection of organics but some of the good stuff like big bug and overdrive isnt.. Anyway, I have seen many people using GH and having great sucess on this site but its not for me.

Top Bottom