Dyna-Gro Bloom usage help

• Thread starter Aerojoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hi all, I've been helping out a good friend of mine w/ his grow op. He recently changed nute brands to dyna gro bloom. I've heard good things about these nutes, they seem fairly concentrated for a liquid. The problem I'm seeing is that he's having lockouts/toxicity/deficiencies. I'm thinking it's because his ratios are off as the nutes say 3-12-6. I'm aiming for a 3-1-4 ratio or something more tailored to our favorite herb. I have cal-nitrate, pro-tekt silica, and the dyna-gro bloom to work with, is it possible to achieve close to 3-1-4 w/ what I have available? How would you guys mix this? if not what do I need to add to the mix to get the correct ratios? I can purchase ag salts if neccesary. Thanks in advance for the help.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
feed low, friend. Sub out cal-nitrate for dynagro mag pro. That should help. Make sure you add protekt to the water first, or lock out will occur. I run hydro recirculating, 5 mL/gal protekt 8 mL/gal bloom 1mL/gal magpro about .9 EC maxing out at 1.2 EC. The only deficiency I run into is nitrogen with my afghani strain, so I just up 2ml Grow to balance it out. Can't say enough how easy Dynagro makes everything. Be careful with messing with crazy formulas, i.e. lucas formula translation, it doesn't work, most times adding an absurd amount of protekt. Not saying that is what you are doing, just in case anyone gets any crazy ideas. Hope it helps:)

catdaddy

catdaddy

damn wish i would have seen this thread much sooner, thanks to the op and everyone for the info.

Mix the bloom with the grow at about 3 to 1 and that will come close.
Google Dyna-Gro vs Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur.
will give these recommendations a try, does the info previously stated applies to a soil less mix or just hydro?

D

DG Alex

Hi all, I've been helping out a good friend of mine w/ his grow op. He recently changed nute brands to dyna gro bloom. I've heard good things about these nutes, they seem fairly concentrated for a liquid. The problem I'm seeing is that he's having lockouts/toxicity/deficiencies. I'm thinking it's because his ratios are off as the nutes say 3-12-6. I'm aiming for a 3-1-4 ratio or something more tailored to our favorite herb. I have cal-nitrate, pro-tekt silica, and the dyna-gro bloom to work with, is it possible to achieve close to 3-1-4 w/ what I have available? How would you guys mix this? if not what do I need to add to the mix to get the correct ratios? I can purchase ag salts if neccesary. Thanks in advance for the help.
You are locking out because of the cal-nitrate. Dyna-Gr0 BLOOM has all macro's and micro's you need including calcium.

Top Bottom