E.C. And Feed for Trees

• Thread starter Space Cab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Space Cab

Space Cab

Curious what everyones feeding patters and how much it takes to satisfy a tree. Sometimes it Seems like if i dont go upwards of 3+ EC there underfed. Im in a twenty gal 3/4 perlite 1/4 coco getting 1.25 K of light and using canna as my base.

J

Jalisco Kid

How many trees have you grown and smoked at that level? I have seen some hardy girls that could put on the feedbag. Thats 2x as I ever feed and then just a few days. JK

Space Cab

Space Cab

Handfulls, its not organic but quality is on poiny and a good smoke. Not like i feed that right before i harvest, not talking about rwdc either. not saying its everytime or everything But even now have some in veg now and been feeding them 2.4 look great now but were clearly under fed at 1.5. Been over a week at tht level and there loving it. Maybe they just needed hit hard. From what ive done With canna substra as a base growing in perlite coco with a plant per light minimum ive needed atleast 2.5 when hittin full stride in flower and when i try lower its clearly underfed...... Please enlighten me

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

^ i feel ya brotha space cab, i use to do the same thing; but i can say in my experience that when i dropped the concentration of nutes i give my girls and just fed them less concentrated more often; they too look clearly underfed, but as i worked with my new system of feeding i got it dialed in, i no thats not specfic at all but i'm tired as shit and stoned, my point is try dropping the concentration and feeding more often, also i would check your run-off just to see what kinda salt build up you may be getting. I saw my quality improve durasticly by doing this^......It was real good bud before but after i switched the difference was noticable in my final product....take it easy

Space Cab

Space Cab

Right on, yeah was previously feeding once or twice a day but gonna be feeding a handful of times this round. I do check run off and adjust acordingly. Interested in what more feeds a day will do but the once or so a day looked like crap completly under fed feeding under 2. As soon as i started blasting them everything looked alot healthyer. Even when i fed at 3-3.5 runoff would come back right at same spot or pretty close. I did have to do no nute feeds once every week or so if got to heavy but only saw the slightest bit of tip burn. Just hard to believe 1.5 will do it even on an absolute monster. Seems like it makes sense a monster tree would need fed in higher concentration than a normal size plant... Excited to see what more feeds a day will do though, especially if quality and yield can get better !!! Been doin on point already

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Well shit man if you got some absolute monsters then by all means half ignore what i just said, only looking and judging for yourself as to their healthyness and quality can attest, I dont grow monsters so i can't say, and i don't think by lower concentration and feeding more per day will get you more yield just the same yield with better quality, the only true way to see exactly how much their absorbing is to test runoff regularly, either way i think more water with less nutes more times would facilitate growth better then more nutes less water...anyways take it easy...lemme know what you find

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm taking all this in. The biggest plants I've run definitely don't qualify for tree status, but I ran them at 1.7 ec at peak. This was at 80f and 70% rh. I was going to do the same when I scale up, unless someone has a better idea?

J

Jalisco Kid

I have found with my room/strains I get more growth everyday by feeding them up to 8x a day once their roots are decent. I run from 1000 to 1450 ppm conv .5 suerte JK

Space Cab

Space Cab

I have found with my room/strains I get more growth everyday by feeding them up to 8x a day once their roots are decent. I run from 1000 to 1450 ppm conv .5 suerte JK
Nice! Good info. How big you talkin , light per plant?

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Jalisco took the words right outta my mouth i don't measure by ec but i grow trees(Not Monsters though) and follow a similiar routine as jalisco in the exact same ppm range. By doing it this way it will help to eleviate a shit ton of salt build up your probally not aware of.....take it easy

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I water every hour for 20 seconds @ around 800-1000ppm (.5 conversion).

topfeed.

^^^ from everything I have read topfeed is the most forgiving way to water. You can get away with high and low EC and still get great plants. I think it is the constant leaching and less salt build up when top feeding.

Apache69

Apache69

I water every hour for 20 seconds @ around 800-1000ppm (.5 conversion).

topfeed.

^^^ from everything I have read topfeed is the most forgiving way to water. You can get away with high and low EC and still get great plants. I think it is the constant leaching and less salt build up when top feeding.
What kind of Timer are you using for the Min on per hour? Thank you!

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

imo a large tree doesnt need more than 1.0 ec to thrive ...i max my trees out at 700ppms and never go any higher..they never look hungry or have any deficiencies..its more about a balanced diet and medium than it is force feeding it a bunch of unnecessary shit

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
imo a large tree doesnt need more than 1.0 ec to thrive ...i max my trees out at 700ppms and never go any higher..they never look hungry or have any deficiencies..its more about a balanced diet and medium than it is force feeding it a bunch of unnecessary shit

DTW, or ricirculating?

J

Jalisco Kid

Each sys is diferent so you have to play with it to figure it and the girls out. This reminds me of my kids they see and hear what they want disregarding the whole. I run up to 1450 but maybe 4 days in the cycle. On the flowering side I would say my avg is about 1150ppm. If you lower your ppm and the girls to your eyes look better and you see a growth spurt you are overfeeding. You can take that to the bank. JK
1450@ the.5 conversion is 2.9ec so maybe space cabs 3.0 is not so high afterall guys?

sixstring

sixstring

Each sys is diferent so you have to play with it to figure it and the girls out. This reminds me of my kids they see and hear what they want disregarding the whole. I run up to 1450 but maybe 4 days in the cycle. On the flowering side I would say my avg is about 1150ppm. If you lower your ppm and the girls to your eyes look better and you see a growth spurt you are overfeeding. You can take that to the bank. JK

first you came with this "Thats 2x as I ever feed and then just a few days"
then you say you feed 8x a day @ 2.6-2.9EC and your jk so it must work right?all i said was maybe his 3.0 aint so high,whats that like 1525-1600ppm @.5
and i remind you of your kids lol.well you remind me of my grandkid,she knows everything @ 9 years old bwahahahaha.but its cool to cover yer ass with the maybe 4 days in a cycle stuff,wtf.
ease up on me jk,we dont know if he has vegged forever and has some massive rootbound tree,hell i never seen where the op even said if its top feed,dtw,but perlite and coco might as well be water cause any nutes in the coco r gone if they are real trees right.i seen plenty of hydro grows @ 1500-1600 do just fine,personally my dwc does better around 900-1050 start to finish.but some strains can thrive in 1600 no doubt.chill baby,im not tryin to discredit you,was just pointing out that 3.0ec aint like he's runnin 2500-3500 ppm.but 3.0ec with true organics would be kinda hot;)

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not cover my ass with that if you read my old posts you will see I just spike my girls twice during flowering. And I mentioned here I am mentioning flowering. I run at 800 in veg. And a lot of organics I seen it would be hard to measure ec. JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
FWIW Yosemitesam at another site who I have taken a shitload of good info from was between 1.2 and 1.5 EC in coco, hand watered and DTW. That was after he started using jacks and then on to mixing his own salts.

Top Bottom