Ea Plant Takes 5 Gallon To Water Been Using One Gallon To Nute ..

• Thread starter luvurkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

luvurkle

Ea plant takes 5 gallon to water been using one gallon to nute but all plants are starting to show def, so should I up my dose "make the 1 gallon hotter " or or use same mix ratio and just use 2-3-4 gallons of nutes?

L

luvurkle

but do I use 5 teaspoons for 5allons of water or just stick to the 1 teaspoon for 5 gallons would this not dilute it too much? y
I live in a very hot place I have to water little before adding nutes or I get burns where the plant sucks it up too fast

Bannacis

Bannacis

Adding fresh water first is a good idea, it soaks in and spreads out so when you do feed it doesn't burn. kudos!
I always added fresh water till I got a good run off, so I could see ph diff. then add your feed.
I wouldn't go a teaspoon per gallon yet, go at half strength and see how they respond. 5 gal...use 2 1/2 - 3 teaspoons of nute.
but usually when they say on the amounts to mix, its says, 1 tsp per gallon of water and your doing 5 gallons. well you know the math.
always go a little under, cause you cant take back and over fert plant. but you can add...

L

luvurkle

What signs do I need to watch for the earliest signs of burn? I thought the edge of leaves would turn brown so I stopped fert. when I actually had a K dif.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Your getting burns because your underwatering. If you dont water till you get @ least some runoff the nutes are accumulating in the medium. Next stop LOCKOUT !!! Flush the plants and start feeding heavier, start at 2.5 ml per gl or 1/2 a tsp. Also you dont mention ppm's or what your medium is. ????

L

luvurkle

don't know the ppms .. medium is ocean forest .. or happy frog ... I water ea plant with 3-5 gallons of water ..I get plenty of runoff. I said I water with a 5 gallon mostly full depending on if in ground or smart pot .. about 30 -60 mins after watering I pour 1 gallon of nutes on ea plant ... is this wrong? I live in nor cal ...very hot very dry plants will show wilting after a missed day of no water.. so If I water with nutes mixed in I get burns so I water first then nute later

Latest posts

Top Bottom