Eagle Claw In Plants

• Thread starter aliami12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aliami12

Hi, i'm new first time grower and I'm experiencing some difficulties with the plants. The strain is purple alien and apperently its a very fragile strain/plant. We just transfered the plants from veg to flower and we we're watering for 2 weeks twice a day before moving them over. We also deleafed right before moving them over. Also we had a minor spider mite situation but we sprayed it with avid. Now the plants have eagle claw badly and look really droopy. I just recently fed them heavy 16 nutrients and we use a 5 gallon bucket for the plants. I read online that it could be nitrogen toxicity but idk so i'm going to post pictures and see if anyone can help.

Eagle claw in plants
Eagle claw in plants 2
Eagle claw in plants 3
Eagle claw in plants 4
Eagle claw in plants 5
Eagle claw in plants 6
hiboy

hiboy

You have multiple things going on so you want to get back to the basics
Only water once a day that's the first thing
Hopefully you sprayed your chemicals with the lights off
You need to flush a few times
Then start off your nutrients with only base fertilizer about 50% of recommended

If you have nitrogen toxicity it's going to take you many many many days to snap out of it because we just had it a while ago but they will snap out

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Over fertilized and over watered. And apparently stressed from bugs and chemicals.

I would leave them alone until they dry out real good and then resume with a lower nute concentration.

And then water when they are dry and need it and to good runoff to help clear out some excess salts.

Watering schedules cause problems. I have learned to water only when they absolutely need it.

Of course if there are directions to follow about watering with pesticides being used follow those first. But it looks like they made it through that fine. Just now the roots are drowning.

W

Wonder Budz

You're plants definitely look over watered, especially watering twice a day (being an indoor grow). It's an easy fix though, let them be until the first inch of the soil is dry then give them a good little watering.

Now whether or not you have nitrogen toxicity... (its kind of hard to tell in these pics) but over watering will make the plant droop but are the tips of the leaves pointing straight down? or have a weird angle downward aside from the droop?

Make sure to let your plant breath, it'll love you a lot more. Trust me!

Happy growing!:smoking:

P

PharmHand

Maybe it's a weird angle but it sure looks like your ceiling poly is touching your reflector? Are those epaps? Or gavita with the wide reflectors? Those things get hot as fuck either way dude that seems like a serious fire hazard. Also when you heat plastic, it off gasses, and if you have a sealed room that could very well be causing your issues :speechless:

A

aliami12

We made sure that the lights and ballasts aren't touching any of the plastic. Also a correction, I meant to say we water them water every 2 days. We thought it was due to high PH, so we gave them some nutrients because they stabalize the PH level and it helped but they still don't look very healthy. I'm concerned if its nitrogen toxicity and what i should do to fix that or if you guys think there could be any other issues causing it?

A

aliami12

also if theres any pictures i can post that would help with you guys answering my questions just let me know, i appreciate it

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Water every two days on a schedule?
You should always water by weight in coco and dirt. If you water a plant in dirt that has been watered two days before with runoff and the dirt is still moist and the pot is heavy you cause root rot and it shows up on the leaves.
If you wait two days to water coco and it dries out completely, you lock salts to your coco, kill the roots and it shows up on the leaves.
I agree with most others, looks overwatered.

P

PharmHand

We made sure that the lights and ballasts aren't touching any of the plastic. Also a correction, I meant to say we water them water every 2 days. We thought it was due to high PH, so we gave them some nutrients because they stabalize the PH level and it helped but they still don't look very healthy. I'm concerned if its nitrogen toxicity and what i should do to fix that or if you guys think there could be any other issues causing it?
Did they come out of a room where they were more crowded together before being moved into the flower room? When huddled together it creates high humidity within the canopy then when you spread them out like that the humidity drops massively. Plus plants make two different kinds of leaves :sun leaves and shade leaves. Sun leaves have a thicker cuticle and fewer stomata to prevent desiccation. From my understanding the shade leaf can become a sun leaf but it takes time to adapt. Lower humidity also causes the plant to uptake more water which will also bring up more nutes which could cause some toxicity if feed levels aren't adjusted. If it were me I'd turn the hids off for a day and give them just your overhead room lights give em a good spray down with plain water or a light ca25( cal foliar) to give them a rainy day break to perk back up. Blue light can really help force open the stomata to get that life juice flowing again. You have the lights full power? What were veg room conditions? Temp/rh. And flower room temp/rh? Also poly will off gass ethylene with even mild heat. U have an exhaust? Sealed room? If sealed get a charcoal filter in there asap to help filter VOCs. You run a co2 burner?

Top Bottom