Early deficiency? Yellow tips and patches

• Thread starter Magnetonastick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

I'm on day 16 with a freebie Lemon Haze Autoflower "organic" run. There are yellow patches forming on new growths and I am unsure if they are because of:

A) Nutrient Burn

This soil is a mix of peat moss, compost, perlite, 7-7-7 granules and mycorrhizal fungi. This soil previously nuked a plant during transplantation due to the use of dissolving granules. The soil was thoroughly rinsed, and reammended with slow time release 4-4-4.

B) Deficiency

The compost is a ericaceous compost, low in certain elements for soft water environment and potentially deficient in minerals needed.

C) Genetic

I have noticed on an older leaf a yellow patch has broke the norm. On new growth the yellowing is at the tips and has not appeared else where except in the one instance it has manifested mid leaf. Perhaps this strain is prone to yellow mutations.

Early deficiency yellow tips and patches 2

Early deficiency yellow tips and patches

Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

Day 25 and flowering has begun. I have truly abused her after the DIY prefilter for the extraction system clogged for 3 days, with me desperately trying to adjust the temperature and humidity of a sealed environment. She saw temperatures of 22c and 37c with the relative humidity ranging between 19% and 85%, respectively. And now, just 2 days ago I managed to overwater her.

This is how she looks at present.

20210525 173247
20210525 213520
20210525 173218
20210525 173236

ISN'T SHE TINY?

I believe now I may be dealing with a deficiency, with yellow patches occurring along the edges of the the lower leaves. Does anybody have a clue about what this might be now?

Last edited:
Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

I was kinda hoping nobody would suggest that. I've wanted to be that guy "I don't ph my water and look at my yield".

I note that my last water, when I over watered, I used molasses. After watering I noticed this yellowing. I hear molasses with Sulphur can lower the ph of the water, and mine doesn't state it is un-sulphured.

crossfader

crossfader

Had a problem too with pH dropping after using too much molasses, luckily she was so close to harvest that it really didn't affect it too much. Leaves completely went yellow no matter how I flushed & fed nutes...lesson learned. Good luck with yours! ✌️

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

I have heard Molassass in other discussions on other sites and others use it with Tiger Bloom. How much molassass is good 1T per gallon? or ???

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yellowing of leaf edges is generally from watering too frequently.. being stunted like is from watering too frequently, twisty growth can be from the watering or too much nutrients or nitrogen..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yellowing of leaf edges is generally from watering too frequently.. being stunted like is from watering too frequently, twisty growth can be from the watering or too much nutrients or nitrogen..
burnt leaf tips is from too much nutrients.,
leaf tips that are not burnt but light in colour is usually an early sign of light stress.

Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

I have heard Molassass in other discussions on other sites and others use it with Tiger Bloom. How much molassass is good 1T per gallon? or ???
Screenshot 20210606 012838 eBay

On their page it says up to 3 teaspoons (15ml) per gallon (3.7L). Is this a molasses type product? What I'm currently doing is adding 1/6th tbsp per 500ml watering (currently every 2 days), with also tbsp. 2-8-4, 4-4-4, a dash of mycorrhiza. Seems to be working okay at this point, although the tent is starting to develop a smell?

This is her now

Day 37

20210606 014626

She still has burnt tips and seems to be pushing through it. I didn't expect leaves this small at this stage?

I am trying an experiment. For my next tea I am "pre-fermenting" the raw materials mixed together which includes; peat moss, compost, mycorrhiza, molasses, citric acid, 2-8-4, 4-4-4, and a little water to give an airy, sludgy consistency. I've sealed it with an air reservoir in a warm, dark area. In a day or 2 I will fill the bucket with water for 2 days with air running through it. And then add this mixture as a top dressing.

Last edited:
Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

thanks. I’m no expert but I downloaded the staging / feeding chart from foxFarms the makers of TigerBloom and I use all 3 products together Big Bloom Grow Big and Tiger Bloom You can download it from their website. I have very slight yellow tips but I think mine are from too much love n overwatering when I saw this I did some reasearch n am letting them sit a while checking the soil with my finger till I dont feel moisture about 2in down. Their method I only use 1tsp/gal on 1st week of flower then 2nd week is 2tsp/gal then 3rd back to 1tsp till harvest (wait lemme check that) yes I was correct. Here’s a pic of it if you dont have it just print it out. My plants are doing well no issues even went thru some stress because I’m a goof and cut my Feeding Leaves or like these guys call them fan leaves my plants should be bigger going into week 5 1/4 but it’s ok I just left them in Veg (on chart) repeating week 4 till theyr the height I want. It gives you light hours at top. But then again these guys on here gave me tips they all seem cool and are very helpful. I like this site it’s not as bloated like HighTimes. 5 weeks 2 days first one is GG from regular seed and is shooting up now nicely and I replanted to gal like 2 days ago. Second is also GG but I am looking at the leaves and they look more Indo than the first GG which looks more sensi with the thinner leaves. I thought GG should be 50/50 but I could be wrong Last one is I am hoping my star CR 70%indo 30%Sativa Really bushy. I am just trying to get some good mother’s to clone and I will experiment with the clones you can see just the very tip is yellowing so I’m going to not water or nute them today oh and don’t mind the Blueberry Bush in the back that’s part of my experiment. lol.

Last edited:
Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

The chart looks very useful, is this for hydro grows? Your girls look to be thriving! Good job. There's so much conflicting information regards defoliation, I think I'm going to tuck as many as I can and avoid pissing her off - she has had enough stress from me.

I'm using a digital soil moisture meter to really home in on the perfect watering schedule. It's a little module that continuously monitors moisture, EC, par and temperature. Its turning out to be a real eye opener on my girl, she always starts to show a very slight droop at 10% moisture, and after water it jumps up to 50% and she perks right back up.
Screenshot 20210606 123850 Amazon Shopping

Screenshot 20210606 123748 Flower Care
Screenshot 20210606 124006 Flower Care

Screenshot 20210606 123708 Flower Care
Screenshot 20210606 123732 Flower Care
Screenshot 20210606 123752 Flower Care
Screenshot 20210606 123759 Flower Care
Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

View attachment 1132341

On their page it says up to 3 teaspoons (15ml) per gallon (3.7L). Is this a molasses type product? What I'm currently doing is adding 1/6th tbsp per 500ml watering (currently every 2 days), with also tbsp. 2-8-4, 4-4-4, a dash of mycorrhiza. Seems to be working okay at this point, although the tent is starting to develop a smell?

This is her now

Day 37

View attachment 1132342

She still has burnt tips and seems to be pushing through it. I didn't expect leaves this small at this stage?

I am trying an experiment. For my next tea I am "pre-fermenting" the raw materials mixed together which includes; peat moss, compost, mycorrhiza, molasses, citric acid, 2-8-4, 4-4-4, and a little water to give an airy, sludgy consistency. I've sealed it with an air reservoir in a warm, dark area. In a day or 2 I will fill the bucket with water for 2 days with air running through it. And then add this mixture as a top dressing.

What kind of smell? like a stench
The chart looks very useful, is this for hydro grows? Your girls look to be thriving! Good job. There's so much conflicting information regards defoliation, I think I'm going to tuck as many as I can and avoid pissing her off - she has had enough stress from me.

I'm using a digital soil moisture meter to really home in on the perfect watering schedule. It's a little module that continuously monitors moisture, EC, par and temperature. Its turning out to be a real eye opener on my girl, she always starts to show a very slight droop at 10% moisture, and after water it jumps up to 50% and she perks right back up. View attachment 1132563
View attachment 1132560View attachment 1132564
Holy Shitballs thats impressive and plants look great and yes it’s for hydros i think it says it at the top I grew up on a farm dad grew soybeans n corn n weed so I just look at the soil n feel it.
Look at the leaves they tell you a lot. If you make a trigger mechanism you can have those readings make an automated system but that would take a lot of the fun of growing out of it. It’s my first grow after listening to a grower I was working with for last 2 years who disappeared in sonora As far as trimming leaves I read that what it does is force energy into new growth areas but It doesn’t say how soon to do it I did it when growths were still early and I should’ve waited a couple weeks then in my 5th week my plants I am guessing would be 2x their height.

Magnetonastick

Magnetonastick

What kind of smell? like a stench
It was an earthy smell, I've cleaned the airfilter and it's gone

Yeah I can go overboard with the monitoring, it spills over from other hobbies. Being a new grower I'm making alot of mistakes and I've gone crazy with the monitoring

That sounds like a crazy story with your friend!

Day 38. Again she had started to droop, and soil moisture was at 13%. I decided to quench her with the early brew. I hear the tea can be stored for upto a week after aeration, so I'm going to let the brew continue for 24 hours and then when she is thirsty I'll give her the full strength version. I'm surprised how sweet the tea smells, like fruit.

I have just complete a defoliation. The leaves was really smothering eachother no matter how much tucking and I decided that it would be beneficial to get more airflow under her.

20210607 195018

20210607 195648

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

Those are some fat ass indo leaves ❤️
Im not an expert but Ive been around plants a lot of my life this is my first grow since 17yrs old in the LA wash we grew purple indo next to our clubhouse lol. I made some too soon flower clips and over watering I was misting them and watering trying to keep them moist but I read they need to have a day of dry so I switched to week schedule thanks to a grower friend on here like this
water, dry,dry, feed, dry, dry, water.

Top Bottom