Early flowering! Please help!

• Thread starter HanksHill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HanksHill

HanksHill

I have 2 cherry kush I had in veg for 3 months indoors then I transplanted them outdoors on 4/20 and within 2 weeks they were showing pre flowers. But on the same day I transplanted those, I also transplanted some cherry kush teens I started from seed on 3/26 and they're showing no signs whatsoever if flowering. So my question is: what should I do with the 2 cherry kush that are showing pre flowers? Is it ok to leave them alone and let nature take care of it or should I put a black cover over it and start forcing it into flowering? Cause it's the middle of may and its wayyy too early in my experience for there to be any signs of flowering right now. But yet again this is my first outdoor grow in NorCal. Thanks for your help!

Early flowering please help
vaporedout

vaporedout

i ran into this problem a few times throughout the years. now when i put out my clones early i keep a light on outside (our back patio light) that seems to keep them from flowering. you can let them grow now, but they will have to switch back into veg, then in a few months back to flowering. i find the yield and quality to be horrible when this happens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep. You're going to have to add light to make them stop the flowering, or you'll see a big reduction in yield and quality.

HanksHill

HanksHill

Ok I'll just go ahead and force them into flowering. Next year ill have to put them out a little later. Thank you

jaredman

jaredman

I have had this happen as well and what you can do is just dose them up with nitro. I use a tea made with blood meal and compost and worm castings. One tablespoon each per gallon and bubble it with an airstone for 24 hours. With this recipe it makes no available p or k just n and it seems to pull them out of flower pretty well. I would give this a try before you just keep flowering them. I have successfully done this a few times and it works well. Just feed them every watering with a tea and they should be vegging away in one to two weeks with minimal effect on final product.

U

Underground

There's charts to tell you when you can put outside. The days are at their longest on 6/21. So putting outside too early can put into flower, then reveg on their own due to the days getting longer.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok I'll just go ahead and force them into flowering. Next year ill have to put them out a little later. Thank you
Well, I done fucked up my timer and I have a bunch of girls well into budding, too. So, I'm putting them inside, gonna finish 'em out. They're more sea-of-green size, but I'm still going to up-pot them and give their feet a little more room.

ncga

ncga

Sea and others

For most strains a hour to hour and a half from 11pm to 12:30 am will do the trick. Each week from May 1st reduce that light by 15. Should do the trick.

There are more complicated ways to do it with home automation software tied to SR and SS but this basic trick should work.

I hold my moms on a 14:23 day and the 1 1/2 night sup

B

budhound420

I live in va and started my plants in late April they are 6 weeks old now had them in pots UN till today they are not flowering but I'm wondering if they will veg all the way from now until August when fall starts to come around or start flowering earlier since i started them so early

SeaLMeaT253

SeaLMeaT253

I find that a Farmers Almanac can be very handy in a situation like yours. I too have ran into the same prob. here in Wa. A friend of mine recomended the almanac for future reference and now I stand by it. Good luck in your future endeavours!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I live in va and started my plants in late April they are 6 weeks old now had them in pots UN till today they are not flowering but I'm wondering if they will veg all the way from now until August when fall starts to come around or start flowering earlier since i started them so early
If they're seed starts, and that's what I'm guessing, they should show sex when they're between 6-8 nodes high, that's when growth will begin to alternate. So they'll show sex, they'll kind of start building buds, but not really building until July-August. In other words, sort of, yes they'll veg and yes they'll flower.

B

budhound420

Yea i germinated somewhere around the last week of April today makes 6 weeks since they sprouted give or take a day

GDub51

GDub51

FRUSTRATED! I've followed instructions to sprout in March indoors with seedlings placed in peat cups in a propagator tray under T5 for about a week till sprouts have a set of true leaves. Then set out for increasingly long periods of natural sun to acclimatize first in the propagator in a shady spot wit progressively longer periods of direct sun. Outdoors 24-7 by 3rd week. Seed trouble set part of this years growth back a month. So the GB was not out full time till May 7. ALL of those Gorilla Bomb have pre-flowered. It has been abnormally cold and cloudy for SoCal but I've gotten better light meter readings on cloudy days than anything I could replicate indoors so I'm frustrated with this early flower phenomenon that has hurt every one of my grows. (now 3). I'm beginning to think that there should NEVER be anything more than the natural number of hours of light on the plant from the get go. I'll start adding some evening artificial light I guess this year to see if that brings them back to veg. They have always returned to veg. in the previous grows but I think that this problem is my main hurtle to reaching medical level home grown. Any other SoCal growers with the same issue? I'm not looking so much for advice on how to re-veg, that is just learning how to bandage the problem. I want to avoid it next year. It's about time to get it right.

Top Bottom