Early frostiness // selection

• Thread starter Kush Dreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

doesn't matter, too much light typically = to much heat, too much heat = trichome degrading. To high of PPFD = doing more harm than good to both your plants & the trichomes. 1050 PPFD across the canopy is about all that can be handled without co2, but I see better trichome production where its more like 800 ppfd & again without co2.
I am afraid you do not know that much about LED lights. Perhaps you should consider some basic knowledge of LED lights the original post spoke about before commenting on a post.

UsulLusu

UsulLusu

I am afraid you do not know that much about LED lights. Perhaps you should consider some basic knowledge of LED lights the original post spoke about before commenting on a post.

Do you have any new research data on the subject? There are quite a few articles online from over a decade ago, but I am not up to date on any of it. This was the last I read on the subject:

Anthem

Anthem

Here is my opinion and only that because I do not hold an advanced degree in horticulture. I do not believe a light company like Gavita or Fluence or for that matter any of the other high end LED manufacturers are going to produce a light that is not optimized. While there are haters of Scott and Osram, mother company of both, the point being they are not going to allow something to be produced that is a POS. That would destroy their reputation. Secondly, why would Fluence state to place their lights 6 to 8 from the top of the canopy if it was detrimental to product production. Sorry but the LED light requirements are not the same as HPS.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Here is my opinion and only that because I do not hold an advanced degree in horticulture. I do not believe a light company like Gavita or Fluence or for that matter any of the other high end LED manufacturers are going to produce a light that is not optimized. While there are haters of Scott and Osram, mother company of both, the point being they are not going to allow something to be produced that is a POS. That would destroy their reputation. Secondly, why would Fluence state to place their lights 6 to 8 from the top of the canopy if it was detrimental to product production. Sorry but the LED light requirements are not the same as HPS.

your are out of your comfort zone man, but go with what you "believe" or think...lol & no matter what you think anything over 1100 PPFD is only hurting your plants unless you are running co2 & yes some of the Fluence lights that you run 6" from the tops require c02 to do so at 100% brightness... but again you know it all...lmao, run 1500 ppfd on your plants all you want..lol

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

the spydrx plus really does require co2 in order to run it how it was made to be run, that thread talks all about it first hand, no opinions, just facts from owners of the light!

Anthem

Anthem

your are out of your comfort zone man, but go with what you "believe" or think...lol & no matter what you think anything over 1100 PPFD is only hurting your plants unless you are running co2 & yes some of the Fluence lights that you run 6" from the tops require c02 to do so at 100% brightness... but again you know it all...lmao, run 1500 ppfd on your plants all you want..lol

I am perfectly in my comfort zone. The thing I am LMAO about is that someone is going to run HPS without CO2. What a waste, I mean really what is a bottle to fill 15 bucks. How much does the Elec bill run per day? CO2 is one of the cheapest ways to increase yield. So lets get real when we talk about those big grows and all.
BTW the original post is all LED brother, but you go ahead and run at 800 PPF'd. When you start getting 3 a light let me know.
Have a great day growing like it is the year 2000. Things have changed!!

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I am perfectly in my comfort zone. The thing I am LMAO about is that someone is going to run HPS without CO2. What a waste, I mean really what is a bottle to fill 15 bucks. How much does the Elec bill run per day? CO2 is one of the cheapest ways to increase yield. So lets get real when we talk about those big grows and all.
BTW the original post is all LED brother, but you go ahead and run at 800 PPF'd. When you start getting 3 a light let me know.
Have a great day growing like it is the year 2000. Things have changed!!

I run mostly LED's (5 to be clear & 1 1k HPS, no sealed environment, so who runs co2 in a non sealed environment? Only an idiot...lol. I can pull 3.25 oz per plant & fit 9 under 640 watts of HLG LED.. thus around 30 oz maybe 32 on a perfect run but I can come no where near that with a 1k sodium, maybe 24 oz on a good run with the 1k & no co2. and most growers do not use c02 & you damn well know it & yes trichome development is better under 800 ppfd, down lower on the plant than up top in full close lighting, ive been doing this for over 20 years, you can not BS me buddy but I'll pretend you got it all figured out..lol

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

I run mostly LED's (5 to be clear & 1 1k HPS, no sealed environment, so who runs co2 in a non sealed environment? Only an idiot...lol. I can pull 3.25 oz per plant & fit 9 under 640 watts of HLG LED.. thus around 30 oz maybe 32 on a perfect run but I can come no where near that with a 1k sodium, maybe 24 oz on a good run with the 1k & no co2. and most growers do not use c02 & you damn well know it
I do not what planet you are from but here in Socal with power being the price it is, Everyone runs CO2. As I do, so pulling large weights is not a problem. And I damn well know it!!
BTW
Output and efficiency
Operating at 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1, this fixture achieves an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. Eight passively cooled LED bars provide intense light coverage with no fans or moving parts—significantly reducing the number of possible fail points compared to other fixtures.

Why would Gavita do such a stupid thing if 800 is the magic number. You might have been growing for 20 plus years, but these folks got most all of us beat. Are you saying they got it WRONG?

Anthem

Anthem

I run mostly LED's (5 to be clear & 1 1k HPS, no sealed environment, so who runs co2 in a non sealed environment? Only an idiot...lol. I can pull 3.25 oz per plant & fit 9 under 640 watts of HLG LED.. thus around 30 oz maybe 32 on a perfect run but I can come no where near that with a 1k sodium, maybe 24 oz on a good run with the 1k & no co2. and most growers do not use c02 & you damn well know it & yes trichome development is better under 800 ppfd, down lower on the plant than up top in full close lighting, ive been doing this for over 20 years, you can not BS me buddy
Your numbers are not impressive. Try 6 oz per plant with 9 under the light, oh but we have COs in a sealed room so that helps. It seems really odd that you pull up old posts so quick and you are a new member. Did you open a new account because?????

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Your numbers are not impressive. Try 6 oz per plant with 9 under the light, oh but we have COs in a sealed room so that helps. It seems really odd that you pull up old posts so quick and you are a new member. Did you open a new account because?????

been a lurker for years especially when I took the LED plunge, I don't need this place..lmao, lots of dum dums here fo sho, BTW if I were getting 3lbs per light I wouldn't tell anyone ;) & in cali you have free light & if you are not using that then maybe you are in need help! lol

Anthem

Anthem

been a lurker for years especially when I took the LED plunge, I don't need this place..lmao, lots of dum dums here fo sho, BTW if I were getting 3lbs per light I wouldn't tell anyone ;)
Well for not needing this place you sure are lighting up the boards!!!!! And the numbers speak for themselves!!!

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Well for not needing this place you sure are lighting up the boards!!!!! And the numbers speak for themselves!!!

I see so much BS info here so yes I correct a lot of nonsense, sorry, had time on my hands recently, so how long have you been in the game?

Nugg

Nugg

Screenshot 20200212 055100
I have to agree..not by experiences,but from research of my own...800 seems to be the magic number.. production vs. power consumption... anything over 1100 ppfd requires co2. To benefit from the extra ppfd's...I just ordered new light capable of 1800 ppfd...but I'm smart enough to now I can't or shouldn't need that..but when set at height it will give me 700-1000 across the board.?we all see things in our own way.just because my car will do 200 mph... doesn't mean I have to.

Anthem

Anthem

I see so much BS info here so yes I correct a lot of nonsense, sorry, had time on my hands recently, so how long have you been in the game?
Hate to say it but not as long as you. I had a great teacher that I picked his brain every weekend Saturday or Sunday for like 8 hours and that helped me a lot. I am not trying to be difficult. I do use nothing but LED as well, Gavita and Growers Choice. Both are about the same, numbers are slightly different. I still do not believe that I have found the perfect PPM's, or PPF'd. I have seen with both of these setups the top colas are producing heavy trichome production. Their light spectrum is near the same. What I have been finding is that as I raise the percentage of light the plants are getting the feeding schedule goes up as well. I would say that if you do not have some tip burn you did not push the plant to it full potential. Here is a frosty top cola.

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

Can you afford to go and buy a 400w HPS kit? I wouldn't bother flowering under that light. Likely cost more in nutrients than what you will yield from it.

HELL NAH 😂😂 but also can't see myself ever going to HPS because of excessive IR and wattage.
The enemy is in the skies watching my friends 👀🔭

I would build or buy a kit or go full out DIY, get way more bang per $1 that way. The strips & quantum boards & similar require no soldering. I have never done a cob build so not sure about solder or solderless ones, pretty sure there are solderless ones out there tho

Afirm plenty of say, cree cxb3590 solderless mounts around.
Anybody know if that's still best in class efficiency for consumers ?

Those are the ones I'd use plus individual diodes for the wavelengths triggering the Emerson effect , UV a (and B but situated higher than the UV a, IR, ...

Though balancing out this spectrum to my fullest desire will set me back more than a fixture because of expensive measurement devices required.
(My current light discussed before should have said Emerson effect with UV a and IR)

The plan really is. Repurposing my current 80x80 cm 2.5x2.5'~~~ veg replacing it with a 120x60 with 2 optic phantom 1 xl with the bloom enhancer I'm running in my 60x60/ 2x2 and using my current 60x60 flower tent for veg.

Up untill I reach a 4x4 or 120x120 area for flower and 120x60 + 60x60 for veg

Also if you don’t want to go full diy and you have some extra money to spend Atreum makes great pre made led bars with heat sinks, I built mine using 4 of those bars and 2 hlg qb 288 r spec and they’re working great together so far!

Will deff check em out. Really interested in HLG but ooof dat Rspec price tho

I agree that that gavita LED looks amazing, more importantly specs amazing but otherwise I can't add as I don't have experience with high PPFD

Glad the thread is once again focused on information.

Anthem

Anthem

View attachment 940762I have to agree..not by experiences,but from research of my own...800 seems to be the magic number.. production vs. power consumption... anything over 1100 ppfd requires co2. To benefit from the extra ppfd's...I just ordered new light capable of 1800 ppfd...but I'm smart enough to now I can't or shouldn't need that..but when set at height it will give me 700-1000 across the board.?we all see things in our own way.just because my car will do 200 mph... doesn't mean I have to.

The Lumigrow info card is probably at the leaf measurements. Which I would imagine are equal to 1700 µmol s-1 right at the light!

Nugg

Nugg

The Lumigrow info card is probably at the leaf measurements. Which I would imagine are equal to 1700 µmol s-1 right at the light!
Ok but that is most definitely not any light I would buy....it just had a handy chart..light in reference is 1800 @6".. it same enough as those high dollar bar lights..

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

I do not what planet you are from but here in Socal with power being the price it is, Everyone runs CO2. As I do, so pulling large weights is not a problem. And I damn well know it!!
BTW
Output and efficiency
Operating at 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1, this fixture achieves an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. Eight passively cooled LED bars provide intense light coverage with no fans or moving parts—significantly reducing the number of possible fail points compared to other fixtures.

Why would Gavita do such a stupid thing if 800 is the magic number. You might have been growing for 20 plus years, but these folks got most all of us beat. Are you saying they got it WRONG?

Talkin the gavita LED 4x4 monstrosity of a fixture here?

Very very interested in this form factor once if money starts flowing in.

Which brand would you recommend ?

Also yall probably run these fuckers side by side over there but what do you think you could do say in a gorilla grows 4x4

Also but does it contain uv diodes tho

3p5kbz
Anthem

Anthem

Ok but that is most definitely not any light I would buy....it just had a handy chart..light in reference is 1800 @6".. it same enough as those high dollar bar lights..
Just for shits and giggles I went on the Lumigrow website and they have a bar style light with about the same PPF's as Gavita. So what was the light design of the one you pulled that information for?

cottageman

cottageman

HELL NAH 😂😂 but also can't see myself ever going to HPS because of excessive IR and wattage.
The enemy is in the skies watching my friends 👀🔭

Afirm plenty of say, cree cxb3590 solderless mounts around.
Anybody know if that's still best in class efficiency for consumers ?

Those are the ones I'd use plus individual diodes for the wavelengths triggering the Emerson effect , UV a (and B but situated higher than the UV a, IR, ...

Though balancing out this spectrum to my fullest desire will set me back more than a fixture because of expensive measurement devices required.
(My current light discussed before should have said Emerson effect with UV a and IR)

The plan really is. Repurposing my current 80x80 cm 2.5x2.5'~~~ veg replacing it with a 120x60 with 2 optic phantom 1 xl with the bloom enhancer I'm running in my 60x60/ 2x2 and using my current 60x60 flower tent for veg.

Up untill I reach a 4x4 or 120x120 area for flower and 120x60 + 60x60 for veg

Will deff check em out. Really interested in HLG but ooof dat Rspec price tho

I agree that that gavita LED looks amazing, more importantly specs amazing but otherwise I can't add as I don't have experience with high PPFD

Glad the thread is once again focused on information.
I have a gavita led light in my hps room for trial and it’s kicking ass! I don’t put it any closer than 18 inches from the canopy otherwise I start to get slight light burn with the strain I’m running currently but I’m liking the light so much I plan on switching my flower room to at least half hps half led

Top Bottom