Early frostiness // selection

• Thread starter Kush Dreams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Hate to say it but not as long as you. I had a great teacher that I picked his brain every weekend Saturday or Sunday for like 8 hours and that helped me a lot. I am not trying to be difficult. I do use nothing but LED as well, Gavita and Growers Choice. Both are about the same, numbers are slightly different. I still do not believe that I have found the perfect PPM's, or PPF'd. I have seen with both of these setups the top colas are producing heavy trichome production. Their light spectrum is near the same. What I have been finding is that as I raise the percentage of light the plants are getting the feeding schedule goes up as well. I would say that if you do not have some tip burn you did not push the plant to it full potential. Here is a frosty top cola.

I agree 100% on the tip burn tho excessive P & K I have learned causes the most tip burn so the least burn you can get but while yet still having some burn is best. Im 4 weeks from harvest but my trichs are killing it for 5 weeks in & a couple finished nuggs from the bottom of a plant from the last run in the last pic

20200212 184705
20200209 115308
20191213 220326 1
Anthem

Anthem

Is that first picture Wedding Cake? I grew Wedding Cake for several runs a few years back, nice plant. Do you run them 9 weeks?
I found running Wedding Cake an extra week really helped.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Is that first picture Wedding Cake? I grew Wedding Cake for several runs a few years back, nice plant. Do you run them 9 weeks?

No the first is a GG4 S1 my #5 pheno, just as good as the original real deal #4 but with a very sweet & floral flavor instead of the GG4 taste. Pic 2 is Superglue OG from clone.. Here are some pics of that Wedding cake pheno growing at like 7 weeks, same bud just with & without flash. The 2nd set of pics is the #1 pheno I have of it, again with & without flash because that particular LED has a pink hue, its not a blurple, its a plink..lol, I think the #1 pheno needs 9 weeks, the #3 pheno needs 10 minimum I believe

Screen Shot 2020 01 24 at 95412 AM
Screen Shot 2020 01 24 at 95628 AM
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

The wedding cake #3 pheno at just 3.5 weeks, trichome madness already & another pic of some at like 6-7-8 weeks (i forget exactly). That pheno smells just like vanilla & moonshine when flowering from week 2-3 onwards

Screen Shot 2019 09 17 at 11608 AM
Screen Shot 2019 09 24 at 64839 PM
Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

The wedding cake #3 pheno at just 3.5 weeks, trichome madness already & another pic of some at like 6-7-8 weeks (i forget exactly). That pheno smells just like vanilla & moonshine when flowering from week 2-3 onwards

I wonder what I should expect with my wedding cake s1 except that one wants to turn into a bush.
The most even ?side shoot? Development I've seen yet.
Every other one is stretched with varying side branch vigor
I would've thought WC would go 10 weeks good to know.
Seeing that wedding cake bud at W3 and half since flip was more than a little jarring, being only a few days further along than mine.

Knew I had a long road but D D D Damn bruh.
That's without co2 right?

Pic is the wannabe bush

IMG 20200211 235713 216
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

I wonder what I should expect with my wedding cake s1 except that one wants to turn into a bush.
Seeing that wedding cake bud at W3 and half since flip was more than a little jarring, being only a few days further along than mine.

Pic is the wannabe bush

Nope no co2! My #1 pheno is very bushy & the buds stay pretty small till like week 6, they never get huge but they weigh pretty damn good when finished, out weighs what I think it will weigh, it spreads naturally very well with a single topping. The #3 pheno also stays pretty small till like week 6 as well, it has larger/longer buds at the same time as what the #1 pheno has but not bigger by a lot, much longer ones tho. It does not want to spread out, not at all, matter of fact it stays tighter after a topping than anything I have ever grown, branches really need trained big time. The first time I grew it I took it to 11 weeks & the buzz was a solid drunk buzz, just make you stupid but not in a way I liked, seemed way too ripe. Next time picked some at like just short of 9 weeks & its buzz is way mellow & just not ripe enough. I let some that same time go to just short of 10 weeks & it also did not seem right. The smell in early to late flower is straight up vanilla & almost like moonshine. The other pheno is more spicy smelling while flowering & more skunkyish when finished.

maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Pic is the wannabe bush

I have never had problems with hermie S1's but when I had light leakage on one run every S1 hermied but still not tons of male parts but enough to get a seed here & there so I have quite the s1 collection to play with, maybe even a cross here & there if I got lucky. I really like S1 pheno hunting!

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

Oh damn completely forgot about them pix at first frost

Well here ya go

On the 707
The lower leaves seem to be more frosty than the top of the bud maybe my light should be raised a bit maybe up 5-8 cm to 50 to 53 cm above the canopy.

The top leaves do have some frost but only really close to the actual bud and thus probably shaded from what I think caused this

The Gorilla breath being shorter, had no such issue, though pics don't do justice

So, I got a feeling the uv from this light is a little much for the trichs at the top at 45cm distance (18 inches~)

Wouldn't be surprised if the GB was ready a week before the 707.
Seeing as it still seems to want to grow

First 3 pics are the GB and last the 707.

Think that'll by my last post bout these plants here
Till harvest to see if great early frost is a (accurate enough) way of selecting high cannabinoid cannabis.
(I say cannabinoids because .. terps>thc).

Also of course any future cultivars.
However the day to day I'll take to the journals section.

Of courze feel free to contriboot any pics round this stage of development and at harvest specifically focused on frosting at both points of development.

See yall later.

IMG 20200215 012929
IMG 20200215 012855
IMG 20200215 012836
IMG 20200215 012822
Top Bottom