Early Outdoor Pollination

• Thread starter Watashi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Watashi420

I have a greenhouse and in one corner I grew a male and female diesel lowryder, which is an auto flower. The male is now gone and the 2 fems are thick buds full of seeds. On the other side of my greenhouse I have 2 plants that came out of a vegging room at 18/6 with 1000w HPS. Now a few weeks later those 2 plants have very small buds with a few seeds here and there.

My question is, will these 2 plants re-veg or will they finish regardless of outdoor light times due to pollination?

oil

oil

I put a flowering plant at around 3 weeks outside last year around this time due to bad mites. In about a week it had switched back to veg. Over all weight at harvest was rather poor. It should switch to veg, not sure whether it will keep growing seeds.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

How many hours of light are you getting a day in this season? it really all depends on where you live.

W

Watashi420

wundeground.com says I am getting 14h 19m as of today. I'm in southern California

Chobble

Chobble

First off, You shouldnt be running 18/6 with a 1000 Watt, If thats all you have I get it, but running a 1000 watt bulb for a veg room is generally wasteful :/

They could finish or they could re-veg. The introduction of pollen and generally encourage the plant to finish it's life cycle, mind you plants have re-vegged after flowering given the proper circumstances. So who knows ehh?

Chobble

C

Canvas

1000 watter in a veg room is ok if the veg room is 5x5 or so, or 4x7, depending on the hood.
It's the HPS for veg that is off, use a MH in the blue spectrum for veg.

Back to the main question:

Pollination will not affect flowering.
Yield, maybe, sure, if the seeding is moderate to heavy. A light seeding, confined to lower branches, will not affect yield in any noticable way.
The flowering will be controlled by light/darkness, your plants should flower out just fine over all, same as if not pollinated.

Let us know how the crosses turn out!

Peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom