Early Phenotype Sign?

• Thread starter wahtoogee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wahtoogee

wahtoogee

I sowed 2 AK48 fem. Seeds, one in pH corrected rockwool (for DWC grow) and one in a Styrofoam cup filled with 1/2 ff happy frog, and 1/2 coco coir. (To grow in a 5 gal air pot). Seeds in grow dome, 75 degrees or so, on heat mat, with dome humidity around 65%.

Both seeds popped within hours of each other, and the soil sown seed straightened up quickly stretching towards nearby cfl, the rockwool seeds still hasn't totally straightened 36 or so hours later. The first set of leaves are already opened in the soil down, approx 4 cm tall and the rockwool seed with the cotyledons still looking sidewards I can start to see the glimpse of true leaves, seedling is maybe 1.5 cm high currently.

So, I feel moisture has been equivalent for both, certainly different mediums... So can this be a early sign of a weak plant?

(I know its hard to compare with different mediums, also I should mention the rockwool cube is also in a Styrofoam cup that has pure perlite in it, so both are at the same height, etc)

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

IME with seedlings the damp soils or the coco works best for me.
when ever I tried to start seeds in the rock-wool I had problems... I know its not that way for every one
I just had slow growing poor germination in the rock-wool.
once I moved my seedlings into coco they popped right up.
Peace FlyJ

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Can't say much on the rockwool but I never have issues in coco or soil for that matter. Popping seeds isn't rocket science and no reason for major concern so early on. Simple soak in h2o for 24 hours then in the dirt/coco they go. 99% success rate, only time it fails is when the seed is a dud.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

It turned out it really was just a slow runt. I started another and hit has so outgrown the runt. I threw it away . I only have oom to grow one or two full dwc with scrog. Using 18 gal tubs in flower... Tent is 4' * 4' under Mars 1200 watt with supplemental T5 hydro for under.

Latest posts

Top Bottom