Early season sexing

• Thread starter NCBuoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NCBuoy

NCBuoy

I have a question about sexing your plants. A buddy of mine has started early for an outdoor grow. As we're both in the Carolina's he gets warmer temps in the sandhills before I do here in the foothills. He has been growing outdoors since mid March and has supplemented his light with a low wattage indoor light giving them some light around the clock. They have only been getting outside light for a month now and are showing signs of sex. He has already killed one male and is sure of his females. My question is why are the showing sex now? Is it because the outdoor light(sun) is still cutting back from the winter solstice and hasn't changed for the summer growing season yet? And if so is this a viable way to sex your plants early so that you don't spend a season loving on males only to kill them later? We are both new to outdoor growing and any help would be appreciated. Thanks and Peace my friends!

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

If it's all same strain you can kinda pick them out earlier. I'd still wait for balls to be sure. Also this time of year even last month we was over 12 12.

NCBuoy

NCBuoy

Thanks. He sent me a pic of his male and sure enough it was full of em.

Madbud

Madbud

They could be auto flowering or a cold spell may have flipped them. The daylight is still increasing until mid June but i had a couple males flip already in Massachusetts, males flip first and its really just presex, not likely they will reveg at this point.🤞

NCBuoy

NCBuoy

Thank you. I was wondering if they would go back into flowering. I guess time will tell.

Top Bottom