Earth Juice Nutes . .

• Thread starter Mauihaole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mauihaole

What does anyone know about them.
Advanced orginal feeding chart consist of 6 parts grow bloom catalist meta-k microblast and big bloomin guano is what I am planing on running also EJ has a lot of other products too if you or anyone you know has ran these nutes of any kind please share Thanks

E

E.T.

nutes are pretty good with the only downside being your ph is all over the place...
i found it to be a pain in the ass
just my .02

M

Mauihaole

That certainly does sound like a pain in the ass. I will be outdoor in organic soil though doubt it makes a diffrance Ill make sure to have a lot of lime on hand thanks man

F

FatMarty

Earth Juice Breakdown

This came from 3lb originally.

I am using this routine for the 1st full cycle this time and so far don't have any complaints. I was attracted to EJ's line because they are all organic.

I am trying to only add 1 chemical, (pH up base powder), to my 'organic' garden for this grow.

So far I have had very mixed results; but believe my problems lie in a virus I think I have...

Two plants look like death and three look very healthy.
The healthy plants really put on some growth after fert applications; so I'm inclined to believe this stuff does work.

I know one other grower using it and he swears by it.

Anyway here is that info from 3lb:

"The three_little_birds are well know for our love of growing using organic fertilizers . . . And while we are always looking for
ways to utilize inexpensive and effective materials like manure, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and a variety of rock powders . . .
we also know that some folks will only use organic growing methods if the option is fairly simple and mess free . . .

while organic fertilizers from a bottle will never likely be as cost effective as using rock powders and teas made from alfalfa or
guano . . . they do offer great convenience . . .

And the good news for growers who demand their organic fertilizers in a bottle . . . is that herbs grown exclusively with
today’s liquid organic fertilizers will rival those grown with any method of organic growing we’ve ever used or experienced . .
. there’s no need to sacrifice quality for convenience if your pocketbook can withstand the additional cost . . .

Our favorite among premixed liquid fertilizers is the complete line of Earth Juice products . . . we’ve sampled other fertilizers
but always come back to Earth Juice . . . In our opinion they are the “premium standard” against which all other organic ferts
must measure themselves . . .

The basic line of Earth Juice fertilizers is 5 different products that can all be used in any combination with each other . . .
the ability to “mix and match” any of the 5 products gives us the versatility to deal with any nutrient need (or problem) that
might arise . . .

here’s a listing of Earth Juice array . . .

Earth Juice Grow
Earth Juice Bloom
Earth Juice Catalyst (called Xatalyst in Canada)
Earth Juice Meta-K
Earth Juice Microblast

The Grow and Bloom formulas can be used alone or in combination with each other . . . no big explanation necessary with
those names . . . their intended uses are pretty obvious . . .
Catalyst is basically a jazzed up Molasses / carbohydrate product to feed beneficial bacteria and act as a chelate . . .
Meta-K is an awesome Potassium supplement . . . and
Microblast is one of the most useful and effective micronutrient products we’ve had the pleasure of using . . .

The EJ lineup

here’s the “scoop” . . . the “tech intell” . . . the “lowdown” . . . the “skinny” . . . on what exactly is in those Earth Juice ferts
that the 3LB’s talk about so much . . .

EARTH JUICE GROW 2 - 1 - 1

bat guano
kelp
sulfate of potash
feather meal
oat bran
blood meal
steamed bone meal

this is the “jack of all trades” among the Earth Juice products . . . useful throughout all of vegging and the first couple weeks
of blooming . . .

Depending on a plant’s growth stage and we use the EJ Grow at concentrations of anywhere from 1 TBSP
to 2 TBSP per gallon (and we have pushed it to 3 to 4 TBSP without harm for very heavy feeders)

EARTH JUICE BLOOM 0 - 3 - 1

bat guano
seabird guano
kelp
sulfate of potash
steamed bone meal
oat bran
rock phosphate

we love our Earth Juice Bloom as a flowering fertilizer and. . . because this product has no Nitrogen it’s especially useful for
late stage flowering when it’s desirable to let a plant use up the soil’s nitrogen reserves . . . and for an added boost of
Phosphorous at those times when plant’s need an extra boost of P . . .
we normally use EJ Bloom at rates between ½ and 2 TBSP per gallon . . .

Earth Juice Catalyst .03 - .01 - .10

oat bran
kelp
wheat malt
molasses
yeast

For some odd reason, the Canadian Government requires this product to be labeled as “Xatalyst” . . . but whatever it’s
called where you live . . . if you’ve looked over the “Molasses Manual” by the 3LB you may already know the biggest “secret”
to this product . . . the sweet sticky goodness of molasses . . .

as we’ve said elsewhere molasses feeds microbes and acts
as a chelating agent to make micronutrients more available to plants . . . those extra organic goodies in Catalyst like wheat
malt and oat bran are just “icing on the cake” . . .

Earth Juice Meta-K 0 - 0 - 10

sulfate of potash

Pretty simple product with apparently only a single active ingredient . . . it does have a good measure of Sulfur . . . and it’s
very useful to give an extra boost of Potassium when necessary . . .

Many organic fertilizers run a little “lean” on K - especially guano based products . . . and EJ Meta-K gives us a way to add that
needed Potassium in controlled amounts as needed . . .

Earth Juice Microblast

kelp meal
magnesium sulfate
borax
cobalt sulfate
ferrous sulfate
manganese sulfate
sodium molybdate
zinc sulfate

The Microblast tests out to the following percentages . . .
Magnesium (Mg) .05%
Boron (B) .02%
Cobalt (Co) .0005%
Iron (Fe) .10%
Manganese (Mn) .05%
Molybdenum (Mo) .0005%
Zinc (Zn) .05%

in our experience it’s a great all around
micronutrient supplement that resolves almost every potential micronutrient issue likely to arise . . .
There's your "Earth Juice All Stars" lineup . . .

It's not "soup" yet . . . but in our next post we'll give the recipes to feed your plant's a gourmet diet . . .

Earth Juice Recipes Growth Recipes

We get many PM’s and email requests for our Earth Juice recipes . . . many folks - it seems - would love for us to just spell
out the specific nutrient mixes and quantities we use with every feeding . . . . if only life were so simple!

What and how much we use vary's some from strain to strain . . . Perhaps even from plant to plant . . . so it’s just not
possible to set a schedule and ignore the plants . . . The best gardeners become “at one” with their plants and feed them
according to the plant’s needs . . . even anticipating their needs . . .

Our standard mix for vegging plants is usually
1 to 2 TBSP Grow
1 tsp Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst (called Xatalyst in Canada for some odd reason)
(all ingredients are added to a gallon of water . . . )

There are times where we might increase the Bloom portion up to as much as a tablespoon . . . Especially for plants in the
early stages of flowering . . . and we can go as high as 3 or even 4 TBSP of Grow for really N hungry plants - but if we
increase the Grow fert above 2 TBSP per gallon we usually leave out Bloom & Catalyst )

We also use what we call our "microblast mix" once or twice during the normal life-cycle of vegging plants . . . no big
difference between this and the prior mix except this one has an extra boost of Meta K and Microblast . . .
1-2 TBSP Grow
1 tsp Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst
1 tsp Meta-K
1 tsp Microblast

As folks may have observed in our “Growing LUI with the 3LB” thread . . . we also commonly use some kinds of fish
fertilizers and kelp concentrates during a plant’s early growth stages . . . we like the combination of enzymes and proteins
and hormones the fish and kelp provide together . . . but it’s common for some fish products to be high in heavy metal
contaminants like Mercury . . . so the “seafood platter” is a treat we feed our babes and the Earth Juice is their regular diet . . .

Flowering Recipes

Early stage flowering plants can often use a fair measure of nitrogen as they stretch . . .
so a normal Earth Juice mix in early flowering will look pretty similar to a Grow mix . . .
we like to use something along the lines of the following for the first couple weeks of flowering . . .
1 TBSP EJ Grow
1 TBSP EJ Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst (yeah we know - it’s Xatalyst north of a line from Seattle - Duluth - Niagra!)

As flowering progresses we forego the Nitrogen to let our plants use N reserves from the soil as they finish flowering . . . so
mixing an Earth Juice Bloom formula can be as easy as . . .
1 TBSP EJ Bloom
1 tsp EJ Catalyst

For really hungry darlings we’ll go as high as 2 TBSP per gallon with the EJ Bloom . . . but pouring it on that heavy can burn
light feeders . . . and even with heavy feeders it’s better to build up to stronger concentrations of EJ Bloom over time than
to just start in at 2 TBSP per gallon right away as plants begin to flower. . .

....and we also have a bloom "micro-mix" that includes Meta-K and Microblast . . . it's used once in a blooming plant's life
(or maybe twice in plant’s with a long flowering) . . . Like the growth “microblast mix” it gives an extra boost of Potassium
and assorted micronutrients to make sure the plants will want for nothing!

The flowering micro-mix usually goes like this . . .
1 TBSP Bloom
1 tsp Catalyst
1 tsp Meta-K
1 tsp Microblast

That's about all there is to making an awsome plant-enriching organic brew with Earth Juice . . . it's really that simple . . .

Earth Juice Notes

In theory there’s no need to “flush” organic soil grown herbs before harvest . . . and because organic fertilizers are not salt
based like chemical fertilizers . . . traditional techniques for “flushing” wouldn’t carry away nutrient salts in the traditional
meaning of the word “flush” anyway . . .

That creates a danger with organic fertilizers that doesn’t exist with salt based chemical fertilizers . . . with salt fertilizers
over-fertilizing can be pretty severe . .. But it will show up fairly quickly . . . and the solution (a good flushing) can be
enacted pretty quickly too . . .

It’s probably harder for a grower to over-fertilize using organic fertilizers . . . but if they do there’s no quick solution . . .
organic fertilizers usually can’t be flushed away like salt fertilizer’s can . . . so if a grower over-fertilizes they will likely have
to live with the consequences for a longer term . . .

M

Mauihaole

Nice thank you very much it teaches me a lot about what Im lookin at. How about the big bloomin guano is it a newer product or taken off shelves cuase at hydro organics the feeding chart included a 6th part bigbloomin Guano shoots you helped a tons with that post brother thanks FM that shit was nicley detailed and 3LB

F

FatMarty

According to my Sun Systems catalog they still sell two bat guanos:
Primal Harvest which is zero nitrogen rated 0 - 12 - 1,
and Bat Guano Grow rated 10 - 2 - 1.

They say use the Bat Guano Grow for veg.

And one more thing I think we should be using is Rooters Mycorrhizae Endo/Ecto Blend.
I think EJ make this too; not sure though.

It is listed in that soilless mix Medisim posted.

F

FatMarty

I guess this is a good place to post this.

I left a couple gallons of a Earth Juice bloom formula mixed according to the online charts sit a little overnight after pHing it.

I didn't think to check it again, and it was way low by then and wacked out a couple of my plants pretty good. Leaves all twisted and yellowing and drooping and just ugly man. Thought I was going to lose them; but looks like they will make it okay now.

I thought I had given too much MicroBlast, etc. at first; but then after reading realized I hadn't and decided to test the mix overnight. Sure enough it went from between 6 and 6.5 to the red in 24 hours.

On their website it says to use what you mix and not to save it. They don't mention WHY though. I'm using GH pH up powder right now to adjust pH; but noticed some "natural" pH up and down stuff from Earth Juice in the catalog and will see what's up with that when I make it to the hydro shop again.

Hope this helps anyone trying out Earth Juice nutes before they get burned using day old mixtures.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Used EJ line for both my last inside and outside grows. Inside grow was in soil 2. Rarely bothered to adjust the ph since my spring water's high anyway. Ph is around 4.2 even after bubbling for 24 to 48n hours. Run off ph has always been in normal range inspite of the low ph of the tea (recommended).
Check out Bay Area's posts on hygrozome for more info on using EJ.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I just switched to their powdered ph up and and down. I was using GH before that. It seems to be be quite a bit stronger than than the liquid form.

outwest

F

FatMarty

I just switched to their powdered ph up and and down. I was using GH before that. It seems to be be quite a bit stronger than than the liquid form.

outwest

Yeah GH also went to powder now and it also about 4 times stronger it seems.
Lot easier to use powder though.

M

Mauihaole

Yeah GH also went to powder now and it also about 4 times stronger it seems.
Lot easier to use powder though.

So Ej make this Ph up down powder thats works better and its organic or close to it?

M

Mauihaole

According to my Sun Systems catalog they still sell two bat guanos:
Primal Harvest which is zero nitrogen rated 0 - 12 - 1,
and Bat Guano Grow rated 10 - 2 - 1.

They say use the Bat Guano Grow for veg.

And one more thing I think we should be using is Rooters Mycorrhizae Endo/Ecto Blend.
I think EJ make this too; not sure though.

It is listed in that soilless mix Medisim posted.

I was orginaling talking about a liquid form of guano from EJ called Big Bloomin Guano its the 6th part of that line from what I understand looks like I will still have to order it. As far as the top dressing of Guano I will use EJs Rainbowmix its suppossed to have a lot of micro benes and aminio acids. Any experiance with Sm 90 or hydrozyme with benes cuase I know the counteract each other or any ex without benes just sm90 or hydrozyme? Man so much going on have not had time to get out their and have a personal looky instore style yet jat ohana hydro just the website link.

treebark1950

treebark1950

EJ ph down is 99.9% Citric Acid and is $10 for 1.5 lbs and if you go to a health food store they sell Citric Acid for 15-20 for 5 lbs.

Just an FYI.

Cheers

GreenSpoon

GreenSpoon

i love my sugar peak made by same people 5-1-3 and so far is PH stable in my cloner Canna CoCo and RO 707 . . . . .. . . only used if for a few months but it makes a healthy plant

DSCN2587
M

Mauihaole

Quite nice very nice !!Any additives or just streight sugar peak ? It is a 1 part line all the way threw right ? Any how look great both pic posted on this thread rock.

M

Mauihaole

My bad cofused other another pic from another thread for being on this 1 sorry thanks for your EJ grown pic

GreenSpoon

GreenSpoon

sugar peak and root bloom, sea green, some humagic and eckolonia kelp, is all that plant had but . . . . .. . . it is in RO 707, so all nutrients and additives are added in very low amounts, except for sugar peak which i used just 5ml a gallon . . . . .. guess it really isnt a good representaion of its performance but none the less its been good to me and works well in my cloner very little PH sway

L

Liberanos5

I guess this is a good place to post this.

I left a couple gallons of a Earth Juice bloom formula mixed according to the online charts sit a little overnight after pHing it.

I didn't think to check it again, and it was way low by then and wacked out a couple of my plants pretty good. Leaves all twisted and yellowing and drooping and just ugly man. Thought I was going to lose them; but looks like they will make it okay now.

I thought I had given too much MicroBlast, etc. at first; but then after reading realized I hadn't and decided to test the mix overnight. Sure enough it went from between 6 and 6.5 to the red in 24 hours.

On their website it says to use what you mix and not to save it. They don't mention WHY though. I'm using GH pH up powder right now to adjust pH; but noticed some "natural" pH up and down stuff from Earth Juice in the catalog and will see what's up with that when I make it to the hydro shop again.

Hope this helps anyone trying out Earth Juice nutes before they get burned using day old mixtures.
What was the run off water pH ? Were you able to rescue that plant with flushing back to square one then re innoculating the pot? Please share what you did you bring "ugly plant" back from the edge! Thanks!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
there is a thread somewhere here that details a complete schedule of earthjuice with comparisons to many other products. It was an awesome thread. maybe a search?

Latest posts

Top Bottom