Easiest/Cheapest way to cool a grow room with a WINDOW?

• Thread starter AliasAO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AliasAO

I need to drop the temp in my grow tent by about 5-10 degrees.

I have a window in the room that I pump fresh air into with an exhaust intake fan but since the weather has gotten warmer the fan is only bringing in warm air.

Ive never used an AC/Cooler in my grow set up and id like to know from an experienced Farmer what the cheapest most efficient method would be?

Ive already found the following, Id like to go with the cheapest possible that will do the job:

Evaporative Cooler?

Mini Split?

In room AC?

Some background info, My tent is 4'7x4'7x6'9 and the room that the tent is in is about 12'x10'x7'. Since I have a window Id like to run something using the fresh air but if an in room AC would be cheaper and as good Id much rather purchase it, position it right out side my tent and vent fresh air straight in.

Much appreciation for anyone who helps me out. This needs to be done yesterday but I dont want to make in ill informed purchase and end up spending too much or not enough.

Thanx

--AO

Cort

Cort

A window shaker will be cheap and provide adequate room control but will cost the most to operate.

A evap cooler is the cheapest to operate, but the least reliable in terms of control. When it gets humid it will stop cooling effectively.

Mini split will be the most costly to install, middle of the road to run and best in terms of control.

IMHO only, feel free to chime in on this.

A

AliasAO

A window shaker will be cheap and provide adequate room control but will cost the most to operate.

A evap cooler is the cheapest to operate, but the least reliable in terms of control. When it gets humid it will stop cooling effectively.

Mini split will be the most costly to install, middle of the road to run and best in terms of control.

IMHO only, feel free to chime in on this.

Thanx for the info and opinion Cort.

Im not too worried about humidity my tent stays between 40- 60% RH. Keeping that in mind would an Evap Cooler be the best choice?

As long as it can make the room atleast 5-10 degrees cooler thats all I need.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

I'm with cort, the only thing i would add is a mini split not only offers more control it also will make up the difference in initial investment over time and begin to save you money in comparison to a window shaker.

if you do go with a AC of any kind then you need to also purchase a CO2 system and seal your room. if you dont run sealed you would just be exhausting your ac. a sealed room is better it allows you to control the environment more as your environment is not influenced by outside variables like the temperature of the incoming air from your intake that could change. CO2 just straight up pays for itself so its a good thing to add.

if that does not sound good explain your current ventilation system, size of room etc and maybe it just needs a little more airflow to get it down. obviously if you live somewhere that gets 90 and you are bringing in air from outside no amount of airflow is gonna get you cool enough.

A

AliasAO

I'm with cort, the only thing i would add is a mini split not only offers more control it also will make up the difference in initial investment over time and begin to save you money in comparison to a window shaker.

if you do go with a AC of any kind then you need to also purchase a CO2 system and seal your room. if you dont run sealed you would just be exhausting your ac. a sealed room is better it allows you to control the environment more as your environment is not influenced by outside variables like the temperature of the incoming air from your intake that could change. CO2 just straight up pays for itself so its a good thing to add.

if that does not sound good explain your current ventilation system, size of room etc and maybe it just needs a little more airflow to get it down. obviously if you live somewhere that gets 90 and you are bringing in air from outside no amount of airflow is gonna get you cool enough.

Great post Dank, helped out alot.

How much do you think it would run me buying and installing a mini split vs an AC and CO2?

My room is 12'x10'x7' and my tent is 4'7x4'7x7'.

M

mrdizzle

I would just get a window banger bro, a mini split isnt needed for your kinda operation

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
window shaker will be fine to cool the room with a tent

I would exhaust the hot air from the tent outside the house so the ac dont have to work so hard

filter>light>fan>outside - leave the bottom vents open in the tent to intake the fresh cooled air

A

AliasAO

window shaker will be fine to cool the room with a tent

I would exhaust the hot air from the tent outside the house so the ac dont have to work so hard

filter>light>fan>outside - leave the bottom vents open in the tent to intake the fresh cooled air

sounds like solid logic to me I believe thats what Im leaning towards because its cheaper than an in house AC unit.

Would you happen to know of a good spot to buy a nice affordable window shaker unit??

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
shop locally - homedepot or costco should be putting out the window shakers by now - that way if you have a prob you can load it up and take it back instead of having to deal with shipping

A

AliasAO

shop locally - homedepot or costco should be putting out the window shakers by now - that way if you have a prob you can load it up and take it back instead of having to deal with shipping

I like the advice Motherlode ill prob be heading down to lowes or walmart this weekend to grab something to put in the window.

Thanx for the info much appreciated.

--AO

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I like the advice Motherlode ill prob be heading down to lowes or walmart this weekend to grab something to put in the window.

Thanx for the info much appreciated.

--AO

word - anytime bro

peace

Top Bottom