Easiest Most Forgiving Grow Medium

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

whats up,

Just completed a grow where things went south 90% in. Had a combo of 1/3 soil coco n perlite that didn't work well.

What would be the easiest medium for me to try next? I just want to produce nugs. Not the biggest or best, just want to complete a start to finish grow in 8-10wks.

I assume soil, pleas give your opinion

-Cbd

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have had good experience with Root Organic Soil and the "organic" line of nutrients. The soil will come with fungus gnats that can easily be eradicated before you grow in. The soil out of the bag will keep you plants fed for a few weeks depending on your environmental conditions.
So yes...Soil usually is the most forgiving for beginners.

J

Jfrezy

75% Sunshine #4 and extra big chunky perlite. 25% worm castings

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Black d
Native soil amended as needed kicks ass hereabouts...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Easiest way to grow I know is pro mix Hp (or any decent peat lite mix) and a 1 part fertilizer like pure Blend Pro, floranova, dyna Grow foliage pro or even jacks classic.

Teaches how to watch plants and fertilize properly without having to worry how much nutrients are left in the soil.

And it leaches excess nutrients out easily when mistakes are made.

gwheels

gwheels

50 50 coco and perlite and feed it like hydro (5.8 to 6.2 PH)
I like it a lot better than soil

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Blockhead Scotts OG
Native soil rock hard week or so to go come help trim
Natural Therpays genetics rock the Casba

IMG 1272
IMG 1273

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ocean forest
amended with perlite and 1 cup dolomite lime per bag. No nutes for a while. Been rocking ffof for over 5 yrs

Sorry for the brief derail but I wanted to tell you I am trying half your recomended amount of lime to combat recent calcium deficiencies caused by my well water going softer this summer. (It may come back up with fall rains)

The lime I have here is called agricultural lime. It is dolomite mixed with calcitic lime. I need the calcium. No magnesium deficiencies present. There is still 100ppm at .5 ec conversion in the well water.

I used cal mag at 2ml and it works but too much nitrogen buildup for flowering after a few applications. So I am trying your way but compensating for the well water ppm.

Think I'm on the right track? I posted the worst plant and the recovered one in the post your uglies thread.

Oh yeah. I always mix in about 25% large perlite too.

Thanks for the info Demon. :-)

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I'm not by any dro stores. I'll just buy untouched soil, add perlite and be easy on nutes??

My heart can't take things going bad harvest time again.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

I'm not by any dro stores. I'll just buy untouched soil, add perlite and be easy on nutes??

The cheap box store soil won't work even if mixed with perlite ,verm etc it's garbage and is full of bugs.
It's worth it to mail order pro mix h/p add perlite and ewc if possible

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Alright. I may have to order some coco than.

That's light for shipping

I have two buddies who grow with hardware store bought soil plus real nutes. ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Alright. I may have to order some coco than.

That's light for shipping

I have two buddies who grow with hardware store bought soil plus real nutes. ?

You can usually ship to store at places like ace and true value. They have a larger online selection of garden stuff usually.

G gnome

G gnome

I recommend using compressed coco never had any bugs, like you get with loose coco

Agreed. Not to mention if it needs to be shipped the compressed blocks r the way to go. Ur not paying to mail a bunch of moisture

BudBogart

BudBogart

Just a bag each of fish meal, bone meal and kelp provides all the fertilizer a good beginning soil needs to promote ample results. Just the bag of soil alone will grow a plant just not as robust.
A great place to start, the fine tuning of your garden soil with the special cannabis grow medium will come with time and experience. If in pots, go for the largest pot size you can. If in the ground, the biggest hole you can. You are here now. It will be a piece of cake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom