Easiest Soil Mix For The Beginner?

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Brother. You can get a water reservoir a blumat system and leave your plant til you're ready to flip it. The background of this guy is what is actually key.

He says he has attempted to grow cannabis for 3 years unsuccessfully in hydro and seemed to be struggling with the idea of coco.

Chill man we get it, each to their own but don't be so defensive.
Not being defensive.. just giving my opinion. I use some organic techniques and products some not.. My idea of simple (and working in tight spaces) would not involve bluemat and reservoirs.. that’s maybe what you’d do tho. Again was just giving my 2 cents. Don’t much care if my advice is taken just throwing it out there

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Maybe you didn’t fully read what I said or maybe it being typed out instead of shootin the shit irl it came across like I was worked up lol. Wasnt

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Are there any other pre-mixed soils that will work well "from the bag"? I've read mixed things about some of them. I'm currently looking for pretty much the same thing as the OP. I want to keep it simple so if I can get everything one bag, maybe just adding some Perlite or similar, that would be ideal.
Yes a few.
soils i,v personally used and liked
Canna professional plus
Canna terra
Plant majic
Plagron
I always mix some good quality worm castings in mine with a wee bit o neem cake and a sprinkle of sulphate of potash and a sprinkle of blood and bone meal. also recently started mixing bokashi into my soil mix and using great white at transplant to help the roots take to the new soil faster.it works a treat.big thick bright white fuzzy roots popping out the bottom less than 2 days after transplant.

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

You want a light airy soil that drains well.you don't want a soil that turns kinda muddy when u water coz it doesnt drain well(bio bizz allmix is famous for that problem)or turns into a solid brick when dry.

Reactions: Ina
B

bibiking

3.8 cu. ft. Bale of promix
1/2 20qt bag of worm gold worm castings
1 25lb bag blue ribbon organic compost
2- 18qt bags Hoffman natural perlite
2 cups espoma blood meal
2 cups espoma greensand
2 cups espoma soft rock phosphate
5 cups espoma bone meal
6 cups espoma garden lime
2 cups espoma kelp meal
2 cups happy frog bat guano
1 cup down to earth neem seed meal
5 cups down to earth alfalfa meal
5 cups down to earth oyster shell meal
3 cups raw supply azomite
1/2 cup terravita humic acid
2 cups mycominerals mykos
1 cup epsom salt

This is my current mix. Took me some years and many different batches but this is my all around base mix that works for just about everything. straight water. I will top dress with worm castings or dolomiteP lime when needed and I will do a calmag tea when needed as well. But this mix has been very low maintenance for me. I mix it all and let it cook for not less than 30 days before I use it. But honestly the greensand takes 6+months to break down into the soil so the longer cook the better. I also saturate the roots with mycos when I transplant.

View attachment 855387

Man, you are AMAZING
unfortunatly, I will not do it :(
I can't even buy most of the ingridents, but I have to say I am very impressed

thank you very much for your help :)

B

bibiking

Some words about my 3 years failures

I would like to thank you all for your help :)

I hear some pro&cons about organic soil. I attached a photo to show you why I am so disappointed about my hydro grows.
I did everything I could during those long 3 years but kept failing again and again (and usually in life I am successful with what I do).
I attached a photo of my last plant.

as you can see -
I bought high class seeds, it grows in coco/perlite, it gets quality light, a vent that turns on and off to keep it exactly in the correct temperatures, kept monitoring both PH and PPM to be always according to the books, and watered by clock twice a day.

I can truly say I took care of it like it is a baby.
and nothing :(

so, I hope organic soil will do better.

just wanted to thank you all again for you GREAT HELP

Del
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Sorry to throw a curveball here, but just gotta say one thing. No disrespect to organic folks, but there are times and situations that the eeeeevil chemicals are practical and sometimes even safer/cleaner/conservative. I respect all styles of growing, but do not respect loons that think they are so righteous and saving the whales tho lol. That liquid seaweed doesn’t grow on trees.
That being said, going “organic” is pretty damn sweet. (No-til is so cool and cheap once you got er going)
But for the O P, know that if you want to keep it simple and small, organic super soil stylez might not be your best option. Simply because it’s actually a very challenging style to dial in and to actually do well. That’s why I have lots of respect for my organic brothers and sisters.
Besides watering less, I don’t see it being “easier” than using bottled ferts (you can get organic products if that’s important to you)
Just my 2 cents. If you feel passionate about the style you had in mind just ignore my ol ramblings. Just know organic soil mixes are a bloody science to the folks that actually pull it off and not as easy as it looks
Anf the little creatures that like the optimum living environment u just created.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A couple quick and dirty recipes that I’ve been using lately with great results.

Seedlings & Freshly Rooted Clones
80% BioBizz Light Mix Soil Blend
10% Worm Castings
10% Perlite

Veg / Growing
70% BioBizz Light Mix Soil Blend
20% Worm Castings
1-2 tablespooons Bloom Bat Guano per gallon of soil
10% Perlite

Flowering / Bloom
70% BioBizz Light Mix Soil Blend
15% Worm Castings
2-3 tablespoons Bloom Bat Guano per gallon of soil
15% Perlite

The method here uses not a lot of admendments to create a good solid soil that I can build upon with liquid organic ferts.

For ferts I use BioBizz (entire line) + Primordial Solutions as an additive + Bloom City Calmag Plus

BioBizz Light Mix does not have much in it as far as nutrients go. Its 0.4 - 0 - 0 (NPK) so it’s gentle yet takes well to ferts. It’s simple and takes just a few minutes to mix up a batch and does well. I’ve been using this particular blend for the last few months and have been pleased with the results. You can add things to it if you want and it’s still not as hot as many premixed soils such as FFOF or Roots Organics.

Ina

Ina

I don't even know what it means :(

but no, I don't think I can get it.

can you send me a link to something on the net (google?) so I will understand what you mean?
Ash is whats left when you burn things:)You can burn wood and nettles and other stuff you decide in your backyard and collect the ash.Not plastic and other poisonous stuff of course,only organic matter.And you can add that to your mix(but you have to be carefull,dont add much).
What about your wife?Does she like gardening?May be she can help you because women have that feeling to take good care of living things... without so much measuring:)My husband is also engineer(but building engineer)so we both are the best combination-me with my woman feeling and he with his men brain:)Growing needs both:)If she smokes ask her if she wanna help:)

B

bibiking

Ash is whats left when you burn things:)You can burn wood and nettles and other stuff you decide in your backyard and collect the ash.Not plastic and other poisonous stuff of course,only organic matter.And you can add that to your mix(but you have to be carefull,dont add much).
What about your wife?Does she like gardening?May be she can help you because women have that feeling to take good care of living things... without so much measuring:)My husband is also engineer(but building engineer)so we both are the best combination-me with my woman feeling and he with his men brain:)Growing needs both:)If she smokes ask her if she wanna help:)

Thank you for the answer, and for the "wife advice", I'll try to convince her into it :)

Top Bottom