• Thread starter Eastwind
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Great job @Eastwind !

I see you grew the compact bushes you were looking for.

I haven't been getting updates forgot to check in here.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
8-31-16 - in my grow closet the right and left side trays (6 per tray) are starting to look...and smell...good. Not wanting to loose my grow to chance...I brought on a guard animal to keep an eye on things.
Careful with that cat bro.

I found out mine isn't quite a guardian.

She is more of a destroyer.
She likes to munch on my plants when I'm not looking.

Eastwind

Eastwind

Careful with that cat bro.

I found out mine isn't quite a guardian.

She is more of a destroyer.
She likes to munch on my plants when I'm not looking.

Ha ha ha !!! You can say that again ! I took the males into a back room to collect the pollen...and he's been steady munchin on the leaves. That cats been over the hills and far away ever since.....chasing his toys around the house like hes on fire.

Eastwind

Eastwind

Great job @Eastwind !

I see you grew the compact bushes you were looking for.

I haven't been getting updates forgot to check in here.
I am pretty happy with the results....that LST was one of the best things I learned. So many colas on each plant. Thank you for your help and support. People here have been very kind to a beginner.

Irietime

Irietime

So just so my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, did you run cfl's and led lights simultaneously??
I mean I'm a noob myself to the indoor scene, I just didn't know it would work. But obviously it did work. I wondered if the different light spectrums would trip out the plants, but I guess light is light more the better. Nice grow fellow noob

Eastwind

Eastwind

So just so my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, did you run cfl's and led lights simultaneously??
Yes...I started with 14 CFLs, around 330 true watts. During veg I read up and decided on a Mar Reflector panel at about 210 true watts ( the lights are 5w each, anyone reading this, keep them higher than recommended by the Co, they are very strong). When the Mars got here I mounted it as a center fill overhead, on adjustable pullies...and moved the CFLs (23w each) to the edge of the space, as side fills. I did not have to deal with venting and cooling ducts with this cool running light set-up... I had 3 small fans to circulate air and a small basement window ( with a fan pointed at it ) as the fresh air source. Im in a low $ situation, so I needed a situation that would get me going on the cheep. I just did this bare bones run as a test to see if I could do it...never thinking it would turn out this good....smoke report !!!......the first bud I cut early last week....I know, to soon, but I had to know......well the Tric's were clear, so yes, a real head high, not coutchlock....two hits on a bong and I was in the ozone. I still feel a little spacey this morning as I have coffee....lol. This s**t will only get better with curing so I'm WAY happy ! This week its cutting and trimming....then planning my next run.

Eastwind

Eastwind

I'm surprised he didn't just buy a t5 fixture lol. I just bought a 24k lumen 12 bulb t5. They make a 16 bulb 32k lumen fixture that will fit a "23.5l×"23.5w space
In my rush to get started...I totally missed that there are T5's....I saw another post using CFLs and the set-up with them was much easier.

incogneato

incogneato

Yes...I started with 14 CFLs, around 330 true watts. During veg I read up and decided on a Mar Reflector panel at about 210 true watts ( the lights are 5w each, anyone reading this, keep them higher than recommended by the Co, they are very strong). When the Mars got here I mounted it as a center fill overhead, on adjustable pullies...and moved the CFLs (23w each) to the edge of the space, as side fills. I did not have to deal with venting and cooling ducts with this cool running light set-up... I had 3 small fans to circulate air and a small basement window ( with a fan pointed at it ) as the fresh air source. Im in a low $ situation, so I needed a situation that would get me going on the cheep. I just did this bare bones run as a test to see if I could do it...never thinking it would turn out this good....smoke report !!!......the first bud I cut early last week....I know, to soon, but I had to know......well the Tric's were clear, so yes, a real head high, not coutchlock....two hits on a bong and I was in the ozone. I still feel a little spacey this morning as I have coffee....lol. This s**t will only get better with curing so I'm WAY happy ! This week its cutting and trimming....then planning my next run.
In my rush to get started...I totally missed that there are T5's....I saw another post using CFLs and the set-up with them was much easier.
I started my first grow with CFLs. I used em in veg for a month and they did great for that. You did good fellow noob. I can't wait til I can harvest mine as well. Good job!

Irietime

Irietime

I was thinking of adding a couple cfl's during my flowering as fill lighting. I have a 600w led right now in a 2.5 x 5 room. It's doing great right now while the plants are small, but not sure if it will have sufficient lighting all the way to edges of room as plants fill the space. Figure it out a i go along, I got some time. Peace enjoy reaping the fruits

Eastwind

Eastwind

I was thinking of adding a couple cfl's during my flowering as fill lighting. I have a 600w led right now in a 2.5 x 5 room. It's doing great right now while the plants are small, but not sure if it will have sufficient lighting all the way to edges of room as plants fill the space. Figure it out a i go along, I got some time. Peace enjoy reaping the fruits

Yes...do not underestimate what a help having the side fill CFLs will be. Later in flowering I pruned the lower fan leaves and the side fill lights were able were able to hit under the canopy. 2 to 4" distance from the plants...it is safe (no burn). It really helped the bottoms of the colas fill out. I want to put them all the way around next time, cause where ever I had them the colas filled out....but 5" away, no so much....they got to be right there to do the job!

Top Bottom