Easy $25 cloning guide by 2Bad

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Taking clones is so easy a caveman could do it.

Equipment needed:

• Shears 5$
  • Garden Safe Take root 5$ or any root powder of your choice. Have heard rooting gel complicates things so go with powder if possible or nothing at all.
  • Tray with dome that has circle vents at the top $10-20
  • Peat pucks/Jiffy peat pellets 5$ I prefer the smaller pellets
  • Glass of tap water
  • Vegged out plant
If you want faster roots a 6-7inch branch will root faster than a smaller one but small works too.

You're going to want to pre-soak the peat pellets until they feel fully saturated.

I like to squeeze my peat pellets to field capacity after full saturation.
That just means squeezing the pellet until just the right amount of water comes out.
It doesn't matter really we'll be watering right after we plant.

Take your shears clip a branch and dunk the clipped end into tap water then into the
root powder a dab will do. Clip the larger leaves off and the tips of the smaller ones.
And now just put it in the peat pellet and firmly press the peat around the stem.
Now we are going to put it under a very light T5 fluro or any cheap
light you have. The distance should be as far as you can away from plant 3-4 feet if possible.

We will keep the sides of the dome misted and the top of the dome dry. If water accumulates
in the upcoming weeks on the leaves dry of by patting with a paper towel. We are going to keep
our domes on until we see roots. This should take 7-14 days. Just leave them alone.
Then we will SLOWLY open the vents maybe a quarter every other day. We will also start fanning
for 10-15 seconds once a day with a bucket lid or something. If they dry out we will water them I like
to use something like this I got mine free with a watering can on amazon.

Then when all clones are rooted and have adapted to more fresh air we can turn the dome lid a quarter
off of the tray. And just keep turning until you take off completely. This whole adapting process should take 7-14 days of
tapering.

Extra mentions:
Now we have to pay close attention to leaves drooping during this whole process of humidity tapering.
It's best to wait until ALL CLONES are rooted before opening vents or else non rooted ones may die.
I prefer to do 4 of each strain just incase some don't root or root slower. My success rate is way up i've never lost
a strain.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask
Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

Steps:
1. Soak pellet
2. clip and dip in water then into root power (the water keeps the clones from getting embolisms)
3. Put in pellet
4. put in dome
5. leave for week or two.
6. taper off of high humidity

@jayrock93 just for you (; JKjk this is for everyone that wants the jist without the fine details.

J

jayrock93

Steps:
1. Soak pellet
2. clip and dip in water then into root power (the water keeps the clones from getting embolisms)
3. Put in pellet
4. put in dome
5. leave for week or two.
6. taper off of high humidity

@jayrock93 just for you (; JKjk this is for everyone that wants the jist without the fine details.
Thanks brotha you need a raise how much you getting paid for this lol jkjk🤣🤣

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I’ve had good success with rooting gel. Pricey but you don’t have to gob it in on there so I make it last. Success is often predetermined by the quality of mother plant. Nice thread.

2Bad

2Bad

I’ve had good success with rooting gel. Pricey but you don’t have to gob it in on there so I make it last. Success is often predetermined by the quality of mother plant. Nice thread.
Yeah I just didn't want people getting mad if they used root gel and it didn't work. I forgot what somebody said about it but it was a negative comment .

steamroller

steamroller

So much more info in this thread [ 7 post ] than the last one with our missing [ now banned ] clone expert.
Thanks for just sharing what works for you and not BSing us all along for 8+ pages. 👍

steamroller

steamroller

Ooooooo now I wanna know who you're talking about lolol

Happy to oblige! 👍

You and members like you make this forum rock!
Members like in the link provided make for good laughs for goofs like me. 🥳

steamroller

steamroller

I am a slacker, but most of all a quiet one.😆
I miss some stuff and pick right up on other.🥴
The best ones are like a shooting star.
Most don't even know they missed it. 🤔

B

Budclarkson

Taking clones is so easy a caveman could do it.

Equipment needed:

• Shears 5$
  • Garden Safe Take root 5$ or any root powder of your choice. Have heard rooting gel complicates things so go with powder if possible or nothing at all.
  • Tray with dome that has circle vents at the top $10-20
  • Peat pucks/Jiffy peat pellets 5$ I prefer the smaller pellets
  • Glass of tap water
  • Vegged out plant
If you want faster roots a 6-7inch branch will root faster than a smaller one but small works too.

You're going to want to pre-soak the peat pellets until they feel fully saturated.

I like to squeeze my peat pellets to field capacity after full saturation.
That just means squeezing the pellet until just the right amount of water comes out.
It doesn't matter really we'll be watering right after we plant.

Take your shears clip a branch and dunk the clipped end into tap water then into the
root powder a dab will do. Clip the larger leaves off and the tips of the smaller ones.
And now just put it in the peat pellet and firmly press the peat around the stem.
Now we are going to put it under a very light T5 fluro or any cheap
light you have. The distance should be as far as you can away from plant 3-4 feet if possible.

We will keep the sides of the dome misted and the top of the dome dry. If water accumulates
in the upcoming weeks on the leaves dry of by patting with a paper towel. We are going to keep
our domes on until we see roots. This should take 7-14 days. Just leave them alone.
Then we will SLOWLY open the vents maybe a quarter every other day. We will also start fanning
for 10-15 seconds once a day with a bucket lid or something. If they dry out we will water them I like
to use something like this I got mine free with a watering can on amazon.

Then when all clones are rooted and have adapted to more fresh air we can turn the dome lid a quarter
off of the tray. And just keep turning until you take off completely. This whole adapting process should take 7-14 days of
tapering.

Extra mentions:
Now we have to pay close attention to leaves drooping during this whole process of humidity tapering.
It's best to wait until ALL CLONES are rooted before opening vents or else non rooted ones may die.
I prefer to do 4 of each strain just incase some don't root or root slower. My success rate is way up i've never lost
a strain.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask
Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
This is the easy Cloning thread I was looking for!

I’ve never used the peat pellets. How do you see the roots have developed with one of these pellets?

When is the clone ready to plant in a soil pot?
Any pics of the process with the prepped clone and trimmed leaves?

Top Bottom