Easy Cheap ebb and grow system ideas??

• Thread starter -hydrofarmer-
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

-hydrofarmer-

Hey all,
I am currently growing with 2 3x3 hydrotable with 4 plants in each with 2 25 gal reservoir and 2 hps 1000 watt lights.

I am asking is there a cheap easy way to setup an EBB AND GROW SYSTEM?
Do u guys use ebb and grow? Why or why not?

Anything helps!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sounds like you have evrything you need already except maybe the fill drain kits

hiboy

hiboy

My ebb and flow type has 3- 3x6 tables with a 100 gallon reservoir below filling up drip lines that run to each table/rockwool cube (2 drip lines each cube) and then gravity drains the water back to the rez.

H

-hydrofarmer-

I have 2 3x3 hydrotables and wanted to experiment with the ebb and grow buckets but i only wanted to do one cause of space.
Here are my supplies and a pic
1. 3 Gal.
1. 5 Gal.
1. 15 Gal. reservoir
4ft. 3/4 inch tubing for the fill
3ft. 1/2 inch tubing for drain
25 watt fully submersible pump
This picture isn't drawn well just well enough for you guys to tell me if it would work.:)
DSC_0596.JPG

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Why is this in the Colorado forums? Shouldn't this be under hydroponics or grow room design?

H

-hydrofarmer-

Bro i'm in CO so it don't matter what its under.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

you want to use the same size buckets not a 3 and a 5 either two 5's or two 3's thats how the real ebb and grow is setup. there is a diy online on how to build the controllers if you really want to have independent buckets. i'm using one now it's simple and easy but honestly ive yet to or see anyone hit 2 per light with this system and between that and the need to keep the floor perfectly level i'm going to switch systems. 1.5 per light is insanely easy to hit with this system though running 8 buckets per light or so.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Bro i'm in CO so it don't matter what its under.

Kinda does, cuz it has nothing to do with Colorado, it has to do with YOU building/using a system.

1) If you post it under either hydroponics and/or grow room design, you will probably get more relevant responses from growers everywhere, rather than just responses from Colorado growers.

2) You are clogging up the CO threads with stuff some of us just don't really care about. We came to the Colorado sub-forums to read about the local scene, laws, regulations, and advice about growing in Colorado...

just a thought...

H

-hydrofarmer-

Kinda does, cuz it has nothing to do with Colorado, it has to do with YOU building/using a system.

1) If you post it under either hydroponics and/or grow room design, you will probably get more relevant responses from growers everywhere, rather than just responses from Colorado growers.

2) You are clogging up the CO threads with stuff some of us just don't really care about. We came to the Colorado sub-forums to read about the local scene, laws, regulations, and advice about growing in Colorado...

just a thought...

Talking with my fellow growers and trust them more then others. I am new to this so am sry

H

-hydrofarmer-

you want to use the same size buckets not a 3 and a 5 either two 5's or two 3's thats how the real ebb and grow is setup. there is a diy online on how to build the controllers if you really want to have independent buckets. i'm using one now it's simple and easy but honestly ive yet to or see anyone hit 2 per light with this system and between that and the need to keep the floor perfectly level i'm going to switch systems. 1.5 per light is insanely easy to hit with this system though running 8 buckets per light or so.

If i had the same gallon buckets the it would only give me 3 inches of flood space.. is this correct?

hiboy

hiboy

diy is do it yourself. it has all the design info on what your looking for. look under forums and check it out.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I dunno why you would want 8 buckets under 1 light. Do 1 plant 1 light unless all you have is 1 light and you can have all your plants under it. These days it's looking more and more like cities are going to start zoning against caregivers in residences so you'll be limited to 6 flower and 6 veg at most. Do a home made undercurrent or DD's. A flood table is great for veg and it bir-bir-brailess.

Mobile photos 116
Weed 002
Weed 005
H

-hydrofarmer-

I don't trust the under current LOTS of pipes more to go wrong

Top Bottom