Easy Ryder (Auto AK47 x LowRyder 2) Late Season Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter sonaro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sonaro

Hey guys. I'm prett new here having migrated over from another site. I have 4 other large female plants going, but I wanted to start a new, separate thread for my late season Easy Ryder grow. I harvested a single, little known auto strain called Low Girl from Advanced Seeds back in early July and liked it so much I wanted to get another auto grow in this season. The yield was small, only about 1/8, but the finished product was surprisingly potent and was a lot of fun to grow. I have a much better spot picked out with much more sun, so I'm hoping to do a lot better this time. Well, let's get started.

Seeds were starting about a month ago in Pro-Mix under 6500K daylight fluoro tubes. Previously, I was using the 4200K bulbs that came with the lights and have noticed much better growth with the new bulbs. I didn't really feel like digging anymore holes this season, so I decided to go with 2.5 gallon buckets of Pro-Mix this time rather than straight in the ground. Makes life a little easier and plus I can move them later if I feel inclined to do so. I let the plants go indoors under the lights for about 3 weeks until they showed sex and before I thought they were big enough to take outside. Two actually went out last Saturday with the 3rd going out a few days later. I started using the Botanicare Pure Blend Pro line of nutrients after 3 weeks going right to the Bloom formula at 1/2 strength every other watering. In my limited experience with autos, it doesn't seem like they want or need a lot of nutes, so I'm probably only going to feed them at 1/2 once a week unless the plants tell me otherwise.

Here are the lastest pics taken just a few days ago at around 1 month. They really took off once I moved them outside. My only complaint is that they stretched more than I would have liked. They were really tight and compact before I moved them out.

easy_ryder_1.jpg

easy_ryder_2.jpg

easy_ryder_3.jpg

P

paulycali

They'll do just fine this late! No worries there. Fun strain to grow too. The more sun the more fun

Good luck with your grow and you looking good as well. Very healthy. Way to go!

Nice to meet you as well and hopefully you will just kick it here as this site kicks ass!

Have a happy farming day!

S

sonaro

Thanks for stopping by guys. Yeah I think they should do already. We don't get frost here until mid, sometimes even late October so I should have plenty of time.

My last auto grow was more of an experiment than anything. I basically just stuck it in the middle of the forest. There was an opening in the tree line where I was hoping the sun would pass, but it didn't, so it only got 2-3 hours of direct light a day. These are looking a lot better already. These are already bigger at a month than the low girl was when I picked it at 8 weeks. Should have some new pics up later in the week.

S

sonaro

Can't really tell from the pics, but they are really starting to get frosty!

easy_1.jpg

easy_1_top.jpg

easy_2.jpg

easy_3.jpg

S

sonaro

Well I sort of abandoned this thread due to a lack of interest, but I though I might as well post the results for anyone who might want to grow this strain in the future.

I yielded a total of about 1.5 oz of the 3 plants combined. I picked one of them about a week early at around 8 weeks from seed and let the other 2 finish completely at around 9-10 weeks from seed. Noticed 2 distinct phenos. A short, leafy pheno which was totally covered in trichomes that finished a little sooner with a minty taste. A second, tall, fruity smelling pheno that takes a lot longer to finish. Probably looking at around 10-11 weeks from seed with this one.

Overall I was pleased, but don't think I will grow this strain again. For one, the seeds are way overpriced. Second, the small yeild. Third, the long finishing time. Granted, they would probably do a lot better indoors under lights since you can keep them on a 18/6 schedule, but 10/11 weeks from seeds you might as well grow a non auto strain. With a 3 week veg and 8 weeks of flower, you can grow a non auto strain in about the same time and yield probably twice as much. Haven't given up on autos though. They definitely have their place in my outdoor grow for next season.

Here's a few random harvest pics and pics from right before harvest. These are all at least 1 1/2 months old. Harvested in mid/late September.

easy_3_cut.jpg

easy_2_top.jpg

easy_21.jpg

ER_3_cola_final.jpg

ER_1_hanging1.jpg

ER_1_cola_cut.jpg

S

spectacular

Don't worry sonaro, just picked this up and very interesting to me. Im just about to start an indoor cycle of easy ryders under 600w and will be happy to compare the reaction of the strain when grown under lights. Im going with Canna Pro soil with a Canna nute programme. From this summers outdoor experience with various autos Im using Rhixotonic only for weeks 0-4, then straight onto Terra Flores through until flushing. I also found that using Boost in the final 3 weeks feeding helped with bud density. This is the 1st time trying autos indoors so will be interested if it improves on the turnaround time. Seeds only went in to soak today so no photos as yet, let me know if you are interested in updates.

Z

z3rcira

Very informative. Thanks sonaro. Well done on the grow. What I took from this is with auto flowering strains you should just grow loooads of plants! And perhaps take a male and female away and get some seeds and then you wont' have to pay for seeds.

C

cypress green

nice grow!

hi bud,nice pics of your grow,yes carry on with your update,im trying to start but hindered with feed amounts etc,i have one feed called vitax,which is a dry mix with 5.0 6.0 5.0 ingr which is a bonemeal,blood,fish topsoil mix,but i need to know when to top it up,3 wks later or could i add a diluted tomato feed as i didnt want to get endless named feeds,if anyone can help with a shedule from day 1 for autos,like lowryder 4 example,how often to water,once a wk i read.I know its right to stop feed two wks b4 harvest & flush,but how do you know if its enough? Is there any1 who can send me a message,a private one i dont care,i usually am ok on houseplants,like spider plants,but they arnt autos.I have a 125w cfl dual bulb,perlite,Ona for odour elimination,mylar,good soil etc.If any1 can jot me a message & let me know a simple plan e.g feed(wk1)water(wk2)no water(wk3)water(wk4)feed(quart dose)....something like this set out,if this WAS right.The guy with pics,help! Thanx if u can,any1 suggest any fem auto dwarf plants,like 10in or less,not 2 smelly,i know lowryder,shortstuff etc,anymore suggestions,send me a message as i may not find this thread again. Ta.peace out.:character0095: :sad0104:

Top Bottom