Easy water only organic soil mix

• Thread starter PrimoClonesCanada
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I figured id post my easy way to do organic soil in case anyone is interested.

Easiest way I found is to get some promix bx or hp,some Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, Gaia green power bloom 2-8-4.
I also add in some extra dolomite lime, neem meal, crushed oyster shell, ground oyster shell, Insect frass and ewc but you don't have to, I added the lime and oyster shell to help buffer the soil so I don't have to ph my water. The frass and neem were to help battle fungus gnats but I got them under control with a combination lost cost plant therapy and aquabac. If you add extra stuff you should not use full amount of 4-4-4 you don't want them to total more than the recommended dose.

Mix the 4-4-4 with promix at recommended rates for container gardens and let it sit moist for around a month if you can. I usually put a clone in solo cups with my soil cut at about 1/4-1/3 organic soil/promix for about a week or two then plant into bigger containers with full strength soil. If I'm still unsure about soil being to strong for young plants I'll just weaken some 1/3 promix/organic soil around where I plant, and that usually helps to settle the plant into hotter soil.
Depending on how long you veg for and how big your containers are will determine when you need to top dress.
Unless I'm growing something really big or I'm in a really small pot I don't have to top dress until I hit 1-2 weeks of flower. Then every 2 weeks roughly until week 6ish. If it's a big plant I start top dressing right when I put into flower with 1/4 all purpose 4-4-4 / power bloom 2-8-4. For first three weeks during stretch I use 50%-75% 4-4-4 in my top dress then as it starts to make flower add more power bloom to my top dress ending with 100% power bloom.
This past grow I slacked and should have top dressed at least one more time for each plant, they had a bit deficiencies towards the end.

I use straight tap water the whole grow and I don't ph my water. I water in Neptune fish and seaweed a few times a grow just for a kick but it's just tap water 95% or more of the time.

After grow I keep pots moist for another week or two and only take out the main stock, if pots are kept moist for long enough the little stump should easily pull out of your pot with little effort. Then re amend with half of what you originally used and let cook for a month again.
I've been re using my soil for a few years now, I have 2 sets of soil one in totes cooking and one in flower. Unfortunately I think the salt in my water or that I kept adding dolomite lime with my re amends has given me a slight mag deficiency so I might start fresh again soon.
But I got 2-3 years out of this soil and using half amendments to re amend has saved me lots of money. The amount of money saved using this method is alot I reckon.
I've bought 2 big bag 10kg of 4-4-4 in the 3 -4 years of growing organic and I still have half a bag left. I believe I use around a 2 kg jug of power bloom a year.
I really should by the big bag of that one too.

Not sure if I covered everything, I hope I did but if not ill try and update it.
Anyone have any questions or comments feel free to post.

Neueregel

Neueregel

I figured id post my easy way to do organic soil in case anyone is interested.

Easiest way I found is to get some promix bx or hp,some Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, Gaia green power bloom 2-8-4.
I also add in some extra dolomite lime, neem meal, crushed oyster shell, ground oyster shell, Insect frass and ewc but you don't have to, I added the lime and oyster shell to help buffer the soil so I don't have to ph my water. The frass and neem were to help battle fungus gnats but I got them under control with a combination lost cost plant therapy and aquabac. If you add extra stuff you should not use full amount of 4-4-4 you don't want them to total more than the recommended dose.

Mix the 4-4-4 with promix at recommended rates for container gardens and let it sit moist for around a month if you can. I usually put a clone in solo cups with my soil cut at about 1/4-1/3 organic soil/promix for about a week or two then plant into bigger containers with full strength soil. If I'm still unsure about soil being to strong for young plants I'll just weaken some 1/3 promix/organic soil around where I plant, and that usually helps to settle the plant into hotter soil.
Depending on how long you veg for and how big your containers are will determine when you need to top dress.
Unless I'm growing something really big or I'm in a really small pot I don't have to top dress until I hit 1-2 weeks of flower. Then every 2 weeks roughly until week 6ish. If it's a big plant I start top dressing right when I put into flower with 1/4 all purpose 4-4-4 / power bloom 2-8-4. For first three weeks during stretch I use 50%-75% 4-4-4 in my top dress then as it starts to make flower add more power bloom to my top dress ending with 100% power bloom.
This past grow I slacked and should have top dressed at least one more time for each plant, they had a bit deficiencies towards the end.

I use straight tap water the whole grow and I don't ph my water. I water in Neptune fish and seaweed a few times a grow just for a kick but it's just tap water 95% or more of the time.

After grow I keep pots moist for another week or two and only take out the main stock, if pots are kept moist for long enough the little stump should easily pull out of your pot with little effort. Then re amend with half of what you originally used and let cook for a month again.
I've been re using my soil for a few years now, I have 2 sets of soil one in totes cooking and one in flower. Unfortunately I think the salt in my water or that I kept adding dolomite lime with my re amends has given me a slight mag deficiency so I might start fresh again soon.
But I got 2-3 years out of this soil and using half amendments to re amend has saved me lots of money. The amount of money saved using this method is alot I reckon.
I've bought 2 big bag 10kg of 4-4-4 in the 3 -4 years of growing organic and I still have half a bag left. I believe I use around a 2 kg jug of power bloom a year.
I really should by the big bag of that one too.

Not sure if I covered everything, I hope I did but if not ill try and update it.
Anyone have any questions or comments feel free to post.
hey thanks for posting. if i wanted to add additional dolomite lime and crushed oyster shell. about how much of each would i need if my soil is pro mix hp?

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
hey thanks for posting. if i wanted to add additional dolomite lime and crushed oyster shell. about how much of each would i need if my soil is pro mix hp?
I think I did 1 or 2 tbls per gallon of soil.
Check the label for the oyster shell flour and it should give a ratio. Pretty sure I followed the mixing instructions for container gardens.

jmac420

jmac420

Hey Primo thanks for this information I stumbled into growing like this for the want to be able to recycle some stuff and grow organic so thanks it has helped me in my next setup for the grow and also the info from ShadedOne

Top Bottom