Eating A Decarbed Bud

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Just wanted to share this as it was a first for me and a lesson learned.
Been playing around with my new decarboxylator and wondering what eating a bud would do to me as far as pain aid,sleep aid,etc.
Not going to make this a habit by any means but it was a night I didn't feel like smoking but was having a hard time sleeping.
I took a bud of Mama Mia,decarbed,about a half gram in weight,chewed it up and swallowed with some juice.
Surprisingly it tasted rather pleasant,broke up just fine while chewing and it went down much more easily than I had anticipated.
I was chatting with a friend on twitch at the time,he laughed and said I was nuts.
I went to bed shortly after and never gave it another thought.
I slept like a baby for about 7 hrs. and when I woke up I had forgotten that I had ate the bud before going to bed.
I had cottonmouth and a dry throat so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
It was maybe an hour or so and a couple coffee's later that I realized I was stoned out of my gourd!
The full body stone lasted a few hours more after I realized what was going on.
So,I'm really going to have to do some serious testing on my edibles because a half gram bud was way too much!Way too much! I don't like to be that stoned,maybe some do but not I.
My butter machine gets here today and I'm going to make some edibles.I will need a few runs to dial in dosage so that it's a pleasant feeling rather than a coma...

Hackerman

Hackerman

If it took you that long to get off, it is possible that the pot was not decarb'd enough. I have found delayed onset to be caused by 'under-decarb'd" bud.

Not sure what kind of decarb tool you're using but it sounds like you should go longer.

Also, Sunflower Lecithin is AMAZING for increasing bioavailability and fast onset. It is an absolute MUST for canna edibles.

DismalDude

DismalDude

If it took you that long to get off, it is possible that the pot was not decarb'd enough. I have found delayed onset to be caused by 'under-decarb'd" bud.

Not sure what kind of decarb tool you're using but it sounds like you should go longer.

Also, Sunflower Lecithin is AMAZING for increasing bioavailability and fast onset. It is an absolute MUST for canna edibles.
It was decarbed perfectly that's why it lasted so long.I use the Ardent Nova/Lift.Best on the market,the damn thing is amazing.

Hackerman

Hackerman

Hey pal, I don't mean to be rude but if you didn't get off for 7 or 8 hours..... something is wrong. Edibles should provide onset in no more than 2 hours, max.

However, it's cool if you like it that way.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

No kidding,it lasted like 10 freaking hours.
Thc is metabolized into a more potent, more psychoactive compound when eaten. Think codeine into morphine. It taking longer has nothing to do with the decarb, it has to do with digestion as its processed by your liver like most things. If your body could decarb it we wouldn't have to decarb it for consumption lol. Whole decarbed flower feels the best to me. Just put a tiny amount into a capsule and swallow. Wait 3h before dosing again.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Putting this into a separate post so it alerts you. Are you epileptic, bipolar, or taking medications? Are you white? How do you do with codeine?

Medications and race can impact how you metabolize things and make them faster or slower and stronger or weaker. Your reaction sounds typical though, just asking in case.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Putting this into a separate post so it alerts you. Are you epileptic, bipolar, or taking medications? Are you white? How do you do with codeine?

Medications and race can impact how you metabolize things and make them faster or slower and stronger or weaker. Your reaction sounds typical though, just asking in case.
I'm white and old,no mental disorders aside from being set in my ways and a bit uppity sometimes.I have a high tolerance for script drugs.Used to have a high tolerance for cannabis years ago but not anymore.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I'm white and old,no mental disorders aside from being set in my ways and a bit uppity sometimes.I have a high tolerance for script drugs.Used to have a high tolerance for cannabis years ago but not anymore.
It won't be jarring after a short while but you should still go really low. It's a different experience eating cannabis vs. smoking it. That said, at an adjusted, comfortable dose, consuming has remarkable effects on body and mind. It has given me my life back and replaced opioids for me. I find it destroys nausea, headache, and pain. I don't get any anxiety from it, and you won't after a short "getting to know each other" period. 0.1 may feel too strong also. May just need to take a tiny nibble with some water and see how she goes! Also, sounds like you digest typically!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It was kinda horrible because at first I thought I was sick or something.Completely forgot about eating that bud...
Thats why i don’t fuck with edibles anymore.
Late at night in Amsterdam. Shops are closed and all i have left with are 2 brownies. I say fuck it, eat two and i am kinda tired by now. Went back to the house. Took a nap. When i woke up. Omg! I am in a rotoscope animation. I see the world frame by frame and there are no connections between. Light is oozing from the bulbs, dripping into my eyes. I get out to get some air, maybe grab some food, streets are dark and paranoia sets in. A film noir coming to life on the streets of amsterdam :) It was intense. Don’t eat edibles anymore. I know i shouldn’t have eaten 2. No cottonmouth tho :D

Last edited:
MissBotany

MissBotany

I wont touch edibles with a 10ft pole anymore. I tried a very low dose and nothing happened, then the next day I slightly upped the dose and got stoned out of my mind for a few hours. Then maybe a month later I experimented again with a pot brownie I made. My inexperience caused me to eat wayyy too much. I fell asleep, woke up in the middle of the night with nighttime panic attack.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Just wanted to share this as it was a first for me and a lesson learned.
Been playing around with my new decarboxylator and wondering what eating a bud would do to me as far as pain aid,sleep aid,etc.
Not going to make this a habit by any means but it was a night I didn't feel like smoking but was having a hard time sleeping.
I took a bud of Mama Mia,decarbed,about a half gram in weight,chewed it up and swallowed with some juice.
Surprisingly it tasted rather pleasant,broke up just fine while chewing and it went down much more easily than I had anticipated.
I was chatting with a friend on twitch at the time,he laughed and said I was nuts.
I went to bed shortly after and never gave it another thought.
I slept like a baby for about 7 hrs. and when I woke up I had forgotten that I had ate the bud before going to bed.
I had cottonmouth and a dry throat so bad I didn't think I'd make it to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
It was maybe an hour or so and a couple coffee's later that I realized I was stoned out of my gourd!
The full body stone lasted a few hours more after I realized what was going on.
So,I'm really going to have to do some serious testing on my edibles because a half gram bud was way too much!Way too much! I don't like to be that stoned,maybe some do but not I.
My butter machine gets here today and I'm going to make some edibles.I will need a few runs to dial in dosage so that it's a pleasant feeling rather than a coma...

DD fantastic read!! Thanks for the bud eating update, seriously. I was always curious.
Doesn’t surprise me, I can handle my shit and edibles have messed me up, bad!!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

When we eat cannabis our System turns it into a completely different chemical THC-11 or sumthin to that effect.. and has a much stronger affect .. then smokeing it which is thc-9 .. :-)

Hackerman

Hackerman

11-hydroxy-THC https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3196989/

Also, just FYI. I was reading about how much faster sublingual is over gastrointestinal. If you got off eating it, next time try placing it in your cheek or in your lip like 'dipping' for 20 minutes or so before swallowing it.

I tried this yesterday but my tolerance issues fuck everything up so I don't know if it works or not. Maybe someone try it out and let me know. It is supposed to get you off in just minutes.

DismalDude

DismalDude

11-hydroxy-THC https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3196989/

Also, just FYI. I was reading about how much faster sublingual is over gastrointestinal. If you got off eating it, next time try placing it in your cheek or in your lip like 'dipping' for 20 minutes or so before swallowing it.

I tried this yesterday but my tolerance issues fuck everything up so I don't know if it works or not. Maybe someone try it out and let me know.
Made brownies tonight,making tincture(Can be used as a sublingual)next. ;)
Pics of process on the last page of my grow.

Top Bottom