ebay tents vs secret jardin

• Thread starter GirlCarny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GirlCarny

Anyone have any experience with the no name brand grow tents on ebay?
Is the quality the same as the more expensive tents available in the grow stores?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i bought a seconds homebox xxl for a drastically reduced price for moms. i would buy a ebay tent been thinking about the 10 x 10's for a while. never used one but damn those SJ's are so expensive i just cant justify that cost either. great thread idea i've got my chair pulled up to read the feedback as well!

R

ReadySetGrowD9

I use a 6'3" x 6'3'' x 6'3'' tent from ebay and it kicks ass.... the ebay store i got it from is "Mixwholesalers"....

Peace
D9

S

Sativus

Great Idea

I have been looking on Kijiji there is a guy with a 10 x 10 out Ontario way for 200 bones

M

mr cheese

their not as good quality wise but they do the job, hell i got a mom tent, 120x120 with 600watt n 5inc fan n filter, 10 pots n bag all mix soil for uk 235! dam bargin if you ask me considering its 130 just for a secret jardin tent here in the uk...the light n fans aint even cheap copies, exactly same as the ones i get frm my local hydro store.. so all in all id say go for it, jst knw their not quite as good as the proper tents frm hydro store... mrc

E

ent

not sure how prevalent it is these days but watch out for the offgassing issues from cheap materials.

M

mr cheese

not sure how prevalent it is these days but watch out for the offgassing issues from cheap materials.

good heads up but if im honest i cnt realy tell the difference between materials with my knock off n my real tent, its more the quality of the stiching n zippers that noticeable.. appreciate the heads up tho.....mrc

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

I've had a bunch cheap ones come and gone currently using a hydro hut the nicer ones have better zippers and the weight they can handle is pretty impressive I can do pull ups on my damn hydro hut. The cheap ones can't handle weight at all and there just flimsy as fuck, and the stiching constantly blows out if ur fans are cranking. But what I would ask is what are u looking to do... Grow for a bit in an apt and upgrade setups/expand In a little while or are u looking to grow in the same spot/size for a few years cause half a year go cheap but want something to last get a nice one

S

Steve Z

yeah i have ebay ones.

theres light leaks and they're a little dinky, but they work good. once you get all the querks worked out shit im glad i saved some dough.

i dont think these ebay ones have any IR block in them, and they are kinda flimsy (little uneasy about the filter/600watt/fan combo but its holdin it (its a 4x4x7). got it for 90 bucks

G

GirlCarny

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply Guess I will give one of those noname tents a try until we get something permanent

I

ibTheMan

you can get a Sun Hut (one of the best on the market, and biggest for size) xxl 4x8 which is really almost 5 x 9.6 for around $410 locally. really nice tents, i have all 3 of there tents= LG 2x4 (3x5), XL 4x4 (4.6x4.6) and XXL4x8 (4.6x9.6) all are 7 foot tall with vents everywhere.

N

naturalmedicine

How many lights are you running in your 4 X 8? Is it sturdy? Did you hang your filter also?

purpleberry

purpleberry

I have a 4x8, I cut a piece of plywood for each end and ran a couple 2x4s across the top, Was able to hand magnum hoods, fullsize filter fan, screw a 12" fan on the ply wood, mount ballasts ect. Makes it alot easyer. I can break it down or set it up in a couple hours.

N

naturalmedicine

I have a 4x8, I cut a piece of plywood for each end and ran a couple 2x4s across the top, Was able to hand magnum hoods, fullsize filter fan, screw a 12" fan on the ply wood, mount ballasts ect. Makes it alot easyer. I can break it down or set it up in a couple hours.

Are you saying that you built a frame out of wood inside the tent?

S

swisscheese

Got several 8x8 no name brand tents from ebay and definitely not worth the money. Get some 2x4's and poly wrap. It's cheaper, light proof, you choose where the fans go, and overall better. Half of the tents tore during assembly. Great for veg I guess.

Camdawg

Camdawg

i got an eBay tent...not really totally lightproof but its in a closet so it works. the secret jardens are the shit save up your duckets and buya sj

Latest posts

Top Bottom