Ebb and Flo bucket size for big yields

• Thread starter PuregenetiKs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I think RDWC is easier, better and can be built for far less money than ebb n flo. First, no controller bucket. Second, go to Home Depot and choose your tub size. Third, buy a step drill bit and a bunch of 1" screw in bulkhead fittings. Buy some 1" flexible house to connect the sites, add a water pump to circulate water from tail to head, and an air pump and stones and voila!

I hear too many stories about root rot with ebb n flo buckets.

Tank333

Tank333

I agree on all parts but the "easier", and that's only because I have no experience in RDWC. Lol. Before purchasing my system, I had never heard of or seen an undercurrent style system.

There IS a bit of an issue with root rotin the Flo-n-grow though. Just gotta make sure you tip the buckets towards the drain so you don't get the 1" of standing water in the bottom of em. Once I did that, I didn't have any more problems with root rot (at least in my limited experience)...

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I think RDWC is easier, better and can be built for far less money than ebb n flo. First, no controller bucket. Second, go to Home Depot and choose your tub size. Third, buy a step drill bit and a bunch of 1" screw in bulkhead fittings. Buy some 1" flexible house to connect the sites, add a water pump to circulate water from tail to head, and an air pump and stones and voila!

I hear too many stories about root rot with ebb n flo buckets.
So is that basically what the Under current systems is, just you built your own ?

XxTheWolfxX

XxTheWolfxX

You can grow some pretty big plants in 2 gallon buckets with ebb and flow. 1/2 pound to even upwards of a pound, depending on genetics and the grower. these girls were just flipped a week ago and as you can see there pretty sizable. Unless you have 12-14 ft high ceilings there’s really no need for larger pots for the majority of situations. 2 gallons is plenty enough.

Top Bottom