Ebb and Flow --- Floor question?

• Thread starter diffrentstrains
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diffrentstrains

With an ebb and flow system, does the floor of the room have to be "dead nutz" level or can the bubble be out of the middle a bit?

I was just wondering if it would make the water ebb/flow work correctly? The floor is about 1/2 inch difference over 8 feet.

Thanks for the input.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
whats up bro>>you want it level<<
but with a shallow pitch>>1/2-1" higher in in back<<so it can all drain to the front

Why do you have a bow in the middle???

gtd

G

Genius Genetics

just a thought bro but carnt you just raise the feet on one end of the table

put the spirit level on top of the table (where the plants will be) then raise the feet so the bubble is centre... is this not possible??

B

Bobby Smith

With an ebb and flow system, does the floor of the room have to be "dead nutz" level or can the bubble be out of the middle a bit?

I was just wondering if it would make the water ebb/flow work correctly? The floor is about 1/2 inch difference over 8 feet.

Thanks for the input.

Dude, the floor in my garage is a fucking joke - there's not one level spot amongst all that cracking concrete, and I ran a few E&F tables very well..........as GTD said, just make sure your table is slightly tilted towards your drain - you actually want a little tilt (assuming you don't have the econo tables with the drain in the middle).

But regardless of what you have, it's a simple fix.

D

diffrentstrains

THANK you to all!! ---ebb and grow?

Why do you have a bow in the middle???

gtd

--- I am building in a 100+ year old house.

Its not terribly hard to level the floor. I am just going to shim a 1/2in plywood as needed to level. Then cover with diamond foil.

I mistyped before as well, I actually have a 12 pot ebb and grow system, not ebb and flow.

If I wasn't a nerd about quality building I think that I could just make sure that the tops of all the pots were level.. then shim the ones needing adjustment.

Thanks for all the help folks!

D

diffrentstrains

100 year Floor

I will be going ahead and putting down floor leveling compound this afternoon to get my floor "dead nutz". After reading from here and help from some close by friends I feel that this is necessary. Not only to prevent uneven dosage of nutrients to any one area of the room, but also why wouldn't I?

my floor
IMAG0248.jpg

Y

Yodas Master

Door shim's work well to get the buckets to drain..I have 235 ebbgrow buckets and this works great..I have zero water left in any bucket..You will be fine with the floor uneven..Worst case is some get a slight bit more water than others..Simply fill the buckets up with water with ZERO medium and mark your water line so you know where to sit the plants..Simple..

Top Bottom