Ebb and flow issues please help

• Thread starter Skwurll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skwurll

Skwurll

Hey all new here. I've got a setup where the "brain tank" is outside the tent with tubes going in at a slight angle and a slight hump. I've tried leveling it with putting something under it but it seems like the fill and drain wont work unless it's completely level. Anyway I can get over a slight hump in ebb n flow. I can provide pictures. Please help

Skwurll

Skwurll

20210602 021418
20210602 021407
20210602 021358

Pictures speak a thousand words.
Thanks for the reply. I have to set the buckets up on things to drain. It wont work

freezeland2

freezeland2

Put something of same thickness under the plant buckets and “brain” bucket so they are all level with each other. You need to get as many rises and drops out of the hoses too so they are somewhat level as well. I had a similar issue with an ebb & flow years ago. That was my solution and it worked well.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Yeah I've been toying with that. Is there a problem with having the "brain bucket" in the tent?

Skwurll

Skwurll

Also what do you mean rises and drops? Would a better pump work?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Also what do you mean rises and drops? Would a better pump work?

Keep the hoses level with their ports on the buckets is what I am saying. No high or low spots in the hose in relation to the buckets. You will end up with stagnant water in the hose in the low spots otherwise.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Is it ok if 4 inches of water remains after drain? Would a better pump help? Thanks for your input

Anthem

Anthem

You have to have all of the components of the system at the exact same level. Meaning the brain, buckets and tubing all have to be at the same level. The res lines and res do not have to be at the same level because of the pumps, but the brain, tubing running between buckets and brain and buckets all need to be at the same level. Otherwise solution will sit somewhere. These are all gravity feed systems so anything that is not at the same height is either going to have solution in it or empty before the rest of the system.

freezeland2

freezeland2

You have to have all of the components of the system at the exact same level. Meaning the brain, buckets and tubing all have to be at the same level. The res lines and res do not have to be at the same level because of the pumps, but the brain, tubing running between buckets and brain and buckets all need to be at the same level. Otherwise solution will sit somewhere. These are all gravity feed systems so anything that is not at the same height is either going to have solution in it or empty before the rest of the system.

You explained it much better. I was trying to tell the OP the same.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Thanks again guys :). Man what a day. Sunroof broke, car battery had to be replaced, and broke my air purifier. But having this solved helps

Skwurll

Skwurll

Sorry to bother all. Is it on to have the "brain tank" inside the tent?

Skwurll

Skwurll

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this. It works. Also is this much water left ok?
20210603 095200

20210603 095207
20210603 095408
Top Bottom