• Thread starter Skwurll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skwurll

Skwurll

20210606 103123

Skwurll

Skwurll

First question, is 5 4 1/2 - 5 feet enough for plant height with LSD and topping?

Dosifry

Dosifry

Yes!! Do a scrog and you can get away w less height. You have air cooled reflectors your good👍😎

Dosifry

Dosifry

Scrog is the way to gooo!’n fill that net 2/3 before you flip if ya can

Skwurll

Skwurll

Dosifry man thank you so much, but I have 0 idea what you said. Help me out lol

Skwurll

Skwurll

You have a discord? I'm so close to getting this right and you are saying words like "scrog" I want knowledge

Skwurll

Skwurll

Whoa wait, with the medium in bvb the buckets the water will rise more. Right? Should I get betting to wrap around the clay pebbles?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Whoa wait, with the medium in bvb the buckets the water will rise more. Right? Should I get betting to wrap around the clay pebbles?

See where the water level is with hydroton buckets are in their place.

SCROG is screen of green. It is basically a net web over the tops of the plants. You keep tucking the plant tops back under the net as they grow up through the net. It will keep the plant height shorter and increase the number of bud sites.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Awesome. Yeah I didnt think with the medium the water would be higher. And ah SCROG, just watched a video on that yesterday. The led side bars, do you think they are positioned properly in the middle like in the picture?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Awesome. Yeah I didnt think with the medium the water would be higher. And ah SCROG, just watched a video on that yesterday. The led side bars, do you think they are positioned properly in the middle like in the picture?

I’d don’t have any side lighting like that. What kind of lights are they? Meaning are they grow lights with proper spectrum? As far as positioning I would have to defer to others with experience using side lighting. You might want to ask that question in the sub-forum for lighting.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Yeah they are specifically for flower, but great suggestion. When I get off work I'll post a video of the fill and if / when you can please let me know if you believe it to be acceptable. I am unable to put the medium in until Tursday due to work but I'd love to get your opinion on the fill.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yeah they are specifically for flower, but great suggestion. When I get off work I'll post a video of the fill and if / when you can please let me know if you believe it to be acceptable. I am unable to put the medium in until Tursday due to work but I'd love to get your opinion on the fill.
I’ll watch for your post, but you want enough fill during flood cycle to submerge the roots. I’m assuming it’s a system you purchased from a hydroponic retailer. If so it should be good once you put the medium in it.

Skwurll

Skwurll

I appreciate that man. I've been real nervous about this whole thing ever since I had beginning problems and your opinion means a lot to me. I'll post tomorrow morning :)

Dosifry

Dosifry

That is an awesome system your working with👍👍. Build yourself a frame and scrog all the way home to mom!! I’ve had EXCELLENT results w the flora-n- gro set up like you have. Does your brain bucket have adjustable floats? So you can control how high the water gets? If not it’s nbd at all! I’ve used that system with Rockwool croutons (expensive) , clay pebbles and sunshine #4 advanced (soiless mix). Straight coco w perlite I bet would rip in there as well. Clay pebbles area great place to start though. Just keep your reservoir CLEAN! After changing the water give it a good scrub while it’s empty to remove any slime built up. Also In my experience BEWARE of how much organic based nutes you add. If you have nutes that after they are all mixed you can clearly see the bottom of your rez that is GOOD! Flora trio and flo-n-gro are perfect fit. I would just stick with the base nutes micro bloom and gro and beware of all the supplemental shit they wanna sell you. It’s not necessary and if you run a clean system your much more likely to avoid root rot. Etc. good luck I think your going to love it😁👍

Skwurll

Skwurll

Dude that wipe the bucket after clean is primo advice, thank you. I am returning it now. I learned cannabis only need 6 inches to a foot each, my rubber hoses were WAYYYY too long. I hope to post a video today soon and get everyones opinion. I'll need way more help but you guys have been there for me. Nutes advice also on point

Skwurll

Skwurll

Fun fact, I have put an old history encyclopedia under each pot to add the last bit of height I needed. So each plant will be referenced by that history books name. SSII, World War II, etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom