Ebb & Flow Experts!! What Should I Do?!

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Get an EZ cloner... Or float your cuttings in a water bubbler.

I have a turbo kloner which is yhe same as ez cloner.however since buying mine iv realised it can be made for pennies.

yeah id would make my own aero cloner, id never pay 400 for something i can make in less then an hour for under $100 (pump included) i have no problem with DIY type stuff but ken do you think it would be possible to take clones from 2 week old clones?(including rooting time, 2 total weeks old) in a aerocloner? i also decided I'm going to use only hydroton and use 2g smartpots on the tray have a few other questions id like to ask but ill probably make another thread for that because its like 6 questions lol

ken dog

ken dog

On my EZ cloner, all the clones have 1 foot tails at the end of two weeks... After 3 weeks, the roots look a little brown and it is about too late.

A little over two weeks seems about the right time for transplanting in my opinion.

ken dog

ken dog

The more times you flood, but more times you push out the old air, and let in new air... I wouldn't go with rockwool cubes, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of space for air.
I would go with hydroton because there is a lot of air space between the hydroton, and plenty of new air to be drawn in after the flood tables subsides... And it allows for more frequent watering ( and therefore, aeration), without subjecting the stem to stem rot.

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

On my EZ cloner, all the clones have 1 foot tails at the end of two weeks... After 3 weeks, the roots look a little brown and it is about too late.

A little over two weeks seems about the right time for transplanting in my opinion.

The more times you flood, but more times you push out the old air, and let in new air... I wouldn't go with rockwool cubes, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of space for air.
I would go with hydroton because there is a lot of air space between the hydroton, and plenty of new air to be drawn in after the flood tables subsides... And it allows for more frequent watering ( and therefore, aeration), without subjecting the stem to stem rot.

so you have a foot tall clone after 2 weeks, so id assume thats big enough to take a clone from right? you could take clones from those 2week old clones in the aerocloner right? but yeah hydroton is what i decided to go with, no rockwool at all. I'm actually in a dilemma with the hydroton thing, I'm going to make another thread to get more opinions

ken dog

ken dog

so you have a foot tall clone after 2 weeks, so id assume thats big enough to take a clone from right? you could take clones from those 2week old clones in the aerocloner right? but yeah hydroton is what i decided to go with, no rockwool at all. I'm actually in a dilemma with the hydroton thing, I'm going to make another thread to get more opinions

No, I am saying that my root tails are a foot long and they are ready for transplanting.

If you want to take clones of your clones... As soon as they develop roots you can go ahead and cut them.

H

happy b

yeah id would make my own aero cloner, id never pay 400 for something i can make in less then an hour for under $100 (pump included) i have no problem with DIY type stuff but ken do you think it would be possible to take clones from 2 week old clones?(including rooting time, 2 total weeks old) in a aerocloner? i also decided I'm going to use only hydroton and use 2g smartpots on the tray have a few other questions id like to ask but ill probably make another thread for that because its like 6 questions lol
Ask away bud!if i can answer any of em i most certainly will.

Reebs

Reebs

i did ebb & Flow for years and i found that net pots filled with a mixture of silica rock and hydroton worked best for me.

one thing with the aero cloners i learned is to use a "Short Cycle Timer" on the pump, it keeps the roots going fast and also strong and they wont brown out, u can also use 1ml/gal hygrozyme to keep things clean.

i will add that with net pots u really have to dial in the feeding time to get optimal growth and keep the root zone fresh. i ran into a problem before switching to coco where i couldnt keep the res' temp below 80 so i kind of had to switch or dish out a bunch in water chillers. although i used 5 - 70gal res' with 5 3x6 trays and i put 12 net pots in each, 2k over each tray

Latest posts

Top Bottom