Ebb & Flow Growers!!

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fortphoenix

fortphoenix

A Few questions for Experienced Ebb & Flow Growers!!

HELLO!!! First let me give you a rundown on what i plan on doing

• 3x6 ebb & flow botanicare tray (7”height)
  • 36 (8 week) high yielding indica dominant plants
  • lucas formula
  • either 1k gavita or 2 600w air-cooled hps (which do you think?)
  • 2 gallon spart pots with hydroton
  • lollipoping the plants
  • DIY aero cloner with tall rubbermaid tote (no medium)
  • I want to root/veg in my aerocloner for 4 weeks total (i really dont want mother plants)

here are my questions…

1) Given that I want to root/veg in my aerocloner for 4 weeks TOTAL (for a perpetual cycle 2), would it be possible to clone a clone after only 2 weeks in the aerocloner? do you think a 2week old clone would be big enough to clone from?

2) Should i add hydroton/netpot to the clones when its rooted? how rooted?

3) Would the roots be too long at the end of 4 weeks in the aerocloner to put it in a 2gallon smartpot (8”H x 7”W) with the hydroton? howlong are roots on a 4 week old clone on average? (tried finding pictures, no luck)

4) Would it be too much shock for the plant to go from a netpot in veg/aero one day to smartpot/ebb&flow in flower the next? how could i avoid shock? how much would the shock affect the plant/growth/speed?

5) with all these variables done correctly and proper environment control do you think i could get around a zip of dried bud per plant?

thank you all very much for any feedback, sorry for all the questions I’m just trying to do this thing right now

BONUS QUESTION!!!! (sorry i know I'm pushing it) lol

- If the roots would be too long/big to put in the smart pots after 4 weeks, would it be possible to cut 36 holes for the netcups in my tray-cover and put the netcups with the plant&hydroton in the tray-cover holes so the netcups are suspended in the air and the only medium is the hydroton is in the netcup? i assume it could work but id probably have to just flood more times a day. what are your thoughts? Thanks!!

Reebs

Reebs

sup bro, these are some difficult questions to answer as they alot of factors depend on outcome and what each situation calls for.

you should be fine rooting within 1-2 weeks in cloner and leave them another 2 weeks in there, they will have sufficient root structure to be fine transferring into the net pots filled with hydroton or silica rock.

i never saw much stress going from cloner unless the root structure was small and i was trying to push them.

the question about cloning off a 2 week old clone would depend on how big the initial clone was, and how fast your plants are growing. i know for me, its about at least 2 months from clone before i can take a aceptable clone

i think you should consider a longer veg time and possibly vegging in the same spot as flower and doing it that way.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
I like the last idea...simplier...cut as many holes as you want...but you might want to consider that number when flowering...

Are you using the white Botanicare tables with lids?

Go check out my grow table set-up...if gonna be a cloner that long...might be easier to do a suspended net cup...that is how I run...check out some of my threads...

Keep it Green!

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

sup bro, these are some difficult questions to answer as they alot of factors depend on outcome and what each situation calls for.

you should be fine rooting within 1-2 weeks in cloner and leave them another 2 weeks in there, they will have sufficient root structure to be fine transferring into the net pots filled with hydroton or silica rock.

i never saw much stress going from cloner unless the root structure was small and i was trying to push them.

the question about cloning off a 2 week old clone would depend on how big the initial clone was, and how fast your plants are growing. i know for me, its about at least 2 months from clone before i can take a aceptable clone

i think you should consider a longer veg time and possibly vegging in the same spot as flower and doing it that way.

well with what I'm trying to do with a perpetual grow i wouldn't really be able to extend the veg time, i think I'm going to just keep mothers after all lol but even if they were transplanted then put straight into flower the day of the transplant there was no shock? like i said i plan on going from veg in the aerocloner 1 day, to flower in ebb & flow the next day

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

I like the last idea...simplier...cut as many holes as you want...but you might want to consider that number when flowering...

Are you using the white Botanicare tables with lids?

Go check out my grow table set-up...if gonna be a cloner that long...might be easier to do a suspended net cup...that is how I run...check out some of my threads...

Keep it Green!

yessir botanicare tables and i was trying to go on your profile and its said you only let certain people go on it but i looked at the "peek into baked reality garden" forum and i saw some tables, the roots grow beautiful in those tables, mind answering a few questions for me since you're 1 of 2 people i have found that grow like this please? id love to read your entire forum but its 18 pages and theres a lot of random comments and i noticed a lot of it is based on dwc and breeding, anyways, is the yield/quality/growth speed any different then if you did ebb and flow the regular way with rockwool or pots? how many plants are on you're 3x3 table and whats your average gpw? also, whats your flood schedule and how high do you let the water go? like an inch or 2 before the tray cover? thanks for any response man i appreciate it

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Won't the roots of the plants grow together and entangle after 4 weeks in aero cloner?

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Won't the roots of the plants grow together and entangle after 4 weeks in aero cloner?
thats basically why i was asking if i could do it, that and because id have to transplant to a smartpot but now I'm thinking of doing is a discussed above, putting the clones in hydroton once the root, then once its time to flower, put the net pots in the (custom built) tray cover so they are suspended in the air and the only medium is the hydroton in the netcups

fortphoenix

fortphoenix

Yes... One way to avoid it, is to prune the roots after they get a foot long or so... This will cause them to grow out, instead of down and entangling each other.

after they get a foot long prune them to what, 6 inches? how long would that keep them shocked? like i said i want them in the aerocloner 4 weeks total (rooting included) also, i think i have a new idea and I'm curious as to your thought on it (only found 3 people who do this, havent found a name for it)... lets say i still used 36 plants in the 3x6 botanicare table with lucas formula but instead of what we previously discussed, i keep mother plants for clones, root/veg 2 weeks total (instead of 4weeks) and instead of putting the plants in smartpots... i put 36 holes for net pots in a 3x6 tray cover and i have the net cups suspended in the air with hydronton and the roots develop freely in the flood table (long as the drain isn't covered) only thing is id have to flood like once and hour. what do you think of this idea? one of the moderators on GC is who i originally found the idea from

Top Bottom